Daily Current Affairs: September 22, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (September 22, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Rhino Day – 22 September
- World Rhino Day is observed on 22 September to make people more aware of the African and Asian species of rhinos and encourage people to take steps for their conservation.
- This day was announced by the World Wildlife Fund – South Africa in 2010. This day got international recognition in 2011.
- The Theme of World Rhino Day 2021 is ‘Keep the Five Alive’.
Two more beaches in India were awarded the ‘Blue Flag’ beach certificatio
- According to the Union Environment Ministry, two more beaches in India — Kovalam in Tamil Nadu and Eden in Puducherry, have been awarded the ‘Blue Flag’ certification taking the total number of blue flag beaches to 10.
- It has also re-certified eight nominated beaches Shivrajpur in Gujarat, Ghoghla in Diu, Kasarkod and Padubidri in Karnataka, Kappad in Kerala, Rushikonda in Andhra Pradesh, Golden in Odisha and Radhanagar in Andaman and Nicobar, which received the ‘Blue Flag’certification last year.
Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya released FSSAI’s 3rd State Food Safety Index
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya released the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)’s 3rd State Food Safety Index (SFSI) that measured the performance of states across five parameters of food safety.
- Gujarat was the top-ranking state, followed by Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Among the smaller states, Goa stood first, followed by Meghalaya and Manipur. Among the union territories, Jammu & Kashmir, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and New Delhi secured top ranks.
Delhi Government launches India’s first mobile music classroom & recording studio ‘Music Bus’
- The Delhi Government has launched a ‘Music Bus’ to provide training to students in audio production, film production and graphic designing.
- This bus is a transportable music classroom and recording studio dedicated to fuel the skills of budding musicians while motivating them to prove their spirit in the world of music.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Uttar Pradesh Government plans to set up an electronic park near Noida
- The Uttar Pradesh Government will set up an electronic park for electronic devices and accessories in the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) area that is expected to attract an investment of 50,000 crores near Noida, which will provide employment to thousands of local youths.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
Justin Trudeau becomes the Prime Minister of Canada for a third term
- Justin Trudeau became the Canadian Prime Minister for a third term since November 2015.
- He has now won three general elections in less than six years.
- He is the 23rd Prime Minister of Canada and the second-youngest Prime Minister in Canadian history.
Fairooz Faizah Beether of Bangladesh receives 2021Goalkeepers Global Goals Changemaker Award
- Fairooz Faizah Beether, the co-founder of Moner School, has won the 2021 Goalkeepers Global Goals Changemaker Award for her work promoting good health and well-being by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Taka
Banking & Economy
BLS International Services Limited becomes National Business Correspondent for State Bank of India
- BLS International Services Limited was selected as the National Business Correspondent for State Bank of India (SBI) to deliver banking services in urban, semi-urban and rural areas across India.
- This partnership is aimed at delivering last-mile banking services to the tier-2 & tier-3 cities in India.
- For SBI account holders across India, BLS will soon launch banking services such as savings bank deposits, fixed deposits, recurring deposits, remittances, micro pension, micro insurance, account opening with e-KYC, AEPS mini statement and passbook printing.
State Bank of India (SBI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Dinesh Kumar Khara
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches healthcare financing solutions
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched its healthcare financing solutions ranging from healthcare infrastructure loans, medical equipment finance and unsecured healthcare loans to cater to key stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem.
- It has introduced comprehensive offerings at an attractive interest rate to meet the financing requirements of all the key players, including lending facilities such as quick loans up to 50 lakhs with minimum documentation.
Asian Development Bank projects India’s GDP growth forecast to 10 percent for FY21
- India’s economic growth prediction for the fiscal year 2021 (ending in March 2022) was lowered by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to 10% from the earlier prediction of 11%.
- According to the ADB, rising input costs will push inflation to 5 percent, up from the prior projection of 5.2 percent.
Department of Telecommunications introduces self-KYC for issuing mobile connections
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) enabled self-KYC for issuing mobile connections and conversion of prepaid to postpaid and vice-versa via an OTP-based process, as a part of reforms to enable a contactless, customer-centric and secure authentication for mobile subscribers.
- Aadhaar-based e-KYC process has been re-introduced for issuing of new mobile connections.
- In this process, the issuing of mobile connections to customers is done through an app/portal based online process in which a customer can apply for a mobile connection from the comfort of his/her home/office and have the SIM delivered to his/her doorstep using documents that have been electronically verified by UIDAI or DigiLocker.
OECD lowers India’s GDP growth projection to 9.7 percent for FY 22
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) cut its projection of India’s economic growth to 9.7 percent from 9.9 percent for FY22 and 7.9 percent for the next financial year.
RBL Bank and Mastercard launch a new campaign ‘#UseBefikar’ for a seamless payment experience
- RBL Bank and Mastercard have launched a new festive campaign, ‘#UseBefikar’, in which existing cards are rewarded with shopping incentives and benefits to strike a chord with them at the start of the festive season.
Vivek Ram Chaudhari was appointed as the next Chief of the Air Staff (CAS)
- Vice-Chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF) Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari was appointed as the IAF’s next Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) replacing R. K. S. Bhadauria, who will retire on 30 September.
Uday Kotak gets an extension as Non-Executive Chairman of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Ltd (IL&FS) for another six months
- The Union Government has extended the term of Uday Kotak as Non-Executive Chairman of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Ltd (IL&FS) for another six months till 2 April 2022.
- His current term through various extensions is scheduled to expire on 2 October 2021.
Awards and Recognitions
UST wins two ISG Digital Case Study Awards 2021
- A leading digital transformation solutions company UST has been recognized by Information Services Group (ISG) with two ISG Digital Case Study Awards 2021, which is presented to select IT and business services providers for best-in-class digital transformation work with their enterprise clients.
Indian and Indonesian navies conduct the third edition of ‘Samudra Shakti’ Exercise in Indonesia
- The Indian and Indonesian navies took part in the third edition of the bilateral maritime exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ in Indonesia to strengthen the bilateral relationship, enhance mutual understanding and interoperability in maritime operations between the two navies.
- This exercise will also provide an appropriate platform to share best practices and develop a common understanding of maritime security operations.
Daily CA- 22 September one liners
|World Rhino Day – 22 September|
|Two more beaches in India were awarded the ‘Blue Flag’ beach certification|
|Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya released FSSAI’s 3rd State Food Safety Index|
|Delhi Government launches India’s first mobile music classroom & recording studio ‘Music Bus’|
|Uttar Pradesh Government plans to set up an electronic park near Noida|
|Justin Trudeau becomes the Prime Minister of Canada for a third term|
|Fairooz Faizah Beether of Bangladesh receives 2021Goalkeepers Global Goals Changemaker Award|
|BLS International Services Limited becomes National Business Correspondent for State Bank of India|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank launches healthcare financing solutions|
|Asian Development Bank projects India’s GDP growth forecast to 10 percent for FY21|
|Department of Telecommunications introduces self-KYC for issuing mobile connections|
|OECD lowers India’s GDP growth projection to 9.7percent for FY 22|
|RBL Bank and Mastercard launch a new campaign ‘#UseBefikar’ for a seamless payment experience|
|Vivek Ram Chaudhari was appointed as the next Chief of the Air Staff (CAS)|
|Uday Kotak gets an extension as Non-Executive Chairman of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Ltd (IL&FS) for another six months|
|UST wins two ISG Digital Case Study Awards 2021|
|Indian and Indonesian navies conduct the third edition of ‘Samudra Shakti’ Exercise in Indonesia|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of September 22, 2021, now from the link given below.