DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 14 & 15, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 14 & 15 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Blood Donor Day-14 June:
- World Blood Donor Day is observed on June 14 every year. The event serves to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products and to thank blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood.
- Theme of 2020 is: “Safe blood saves lives”
- Slogan: ‘Give blood & make the world a healthier place’.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day-15 June:
- World Elder Abuse Day 2020 is observed on 15th of June. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) was launched by the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse and the World Health Organization at the United Nations.
- Theme: “Building Strong Supports for Elders”
Government Launches “Arogyapath” Healthcare Supply Chain Portal:
- India web-based solution for the “Aarogyapath” healthcare supply chain portal, providing real-time availability of critical healthcare supplies to manufacturers, suppliers and customers.
Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray launches Mumbai’s new flood warning system:
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray inaugurated the new Integrated Flood Warning System (IFLOWS) developed for Mumbai, calling it “boon” for the city.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology, and Earth sciences, who was also present during the ceremony, said the system will help the people of Mumbai in a “big way” as it can predict floods.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Punjab CM launches ‘Ghar Ghar Nigrani’ app for COVID-19 house-to-house surveillance:
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh launched a mobile-based app “Ghar Ghar Nigrani” to undertake house-to-house surveillance in the state to eliminate the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Chief Minister:Captain Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V P Singh Badnore
Odisha’s unique festival Raja Parba begins:
- Odisha’s 3-day unique festival Raja Parba celebrating the onset of monsoon & the earth’s womanhood As a mark of respect towards the earth during her menstruation days, all agricultural works, like ploughing, sowing are suspended for the 3 days.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
Central Railway launches robot ‘Captain Arjun’ to screen passengers in Pune for COVID-19:
- Railway Protection Force of Central Railway (CR), Pune division launched a Robotic ‘Captain Arjun’ (Always be Responsible and Just Use to be Nice) to intensify the screening and surveillance of passengers.
- This Robot is launched to screen passengers while they board trains and keep a watch on anti-social elements. Captain ARJUN does thermal screening and records the temperature in a digital display panel.
Exim Bank extends $216 million credit line to Malawi:
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has extended a line of credit (LOC) worth $215.68 million to the Malawi government for drinking water supply schemes and other development projects includes supply of irrigation network, tobacco threshing plant, cotton processing facilities and construction of a new water supply system from Likhubula river in Mulanje to Blantyre.
- Capital: Lilongwe
- Currency: Malawian kwacha
- President: Peter Mutharika
Banking and Economy:
RBI sets up panel to review ownership, corporate structure of Private sector banks:
- Reserve Bank of India has constituted a five-member Internal Working Group to review the guidelines related to ownership, governance and corporate structure of Private Sector Banks.
- In a press release, RBI informed that RBI Central Board Director P K Mohanty will head the committee, which will submit its report by 30th September, 2020.
Global goods trade to fall 27% in Q2 after 5% decline in first quarter: UNCTAD:
- UNTAD said that the value of international trade in goods declined around 5% in the Q1 of 2020 & is expected to decline further by 27% in the ongoing quarter with trade in many developing countries projected to nosedive due to the effects of the pandemic.
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD):
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Secretary General: Mukhisa Kituyi.
Science and Technology:
BARC Develops High Quality And Cost-Effective Face Masks:
- Mumbai-based Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has developed a high quality face mask using High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter which is expected to be cost-effective.
DRDO develops ‘GermiKlean’ to sanitise uniforms of security forces:
- DRDO designed and developed a dry heat treatment chamber named “GermiKlean”. This chamber is designed to sanitize 25 pairs of uniforms within 15 minutes.
Imtaiyazur Rahman is appointed as the CEO of UTI Mutual Fund:
- After Two years appointing Imtaiyazur Rahman as the acting CEO, the Board of UTI Mutual Fund has confirmed him as Chief Executive Officer of UTI Asset Management Committee. He will succeed Leo Puri whose 5-year tenure was over in August 2018.
Actor Pankaj Tripathi Became The Brand Ambassador Of Bihar Khadi:
- Bollywood actor Pankaj Tripathi has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Bihar Khadi by the state government. He is originally from Bihar. He will promote Bihar Khadi and the country’s largest Khadi Mall in Patna.
India’s oldest first-class cricketer Vasant Raiji passes away at 100:
- India’s oldest first-class cricketer Vasant Raiji passed away at his residence in Mumbai. The right-handed batsman played nine first-class matches for Mumbai and Baroda in the 1940s, scoring 277 runs with 68 being his highest score in his decade-long career.
Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput passes away at 34:
- Noted Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide. The actor was 34 years old. Sushant made his film debut in the buddy drama Kai Po Che! in 2013, for which he received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.