Daily Current Affairs: September 26, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (September 26, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Environmental Health Day- September 26:
- International Federation of Environmental Health (IFEH) declared to observe World Environmental Health Day on 26 September every year.
- Theme: “Environmental health, a key public health intervention in disease pandemic prevention”.
International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons- September 26:
- UN General Assembly commemorates September 26 as the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. General Assembly on nuclear disarmament held in New York to seek deeper engagement on nuclear disarmament matters.
Assam government to provide loan to entrepreneurs for venturing in tourism sector under ‘Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme’:
- Assam government announced ‘Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme’, under which loan, amounting from 1 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh would be given to interested local youths to take up new initiatives so that the tourism sector gets a fresh lease of life. The advances will be provided for a period of 5 years.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: SarbanandaSonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park or Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Dehing Patkai Wls.
Prakash Javadekar represents India at Ministerial Roundtable Dialogue on Biodiversity Beyond 2020:
- Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javadekar represented India at the virtual Ministerial Round table Dialogue on Biodiversity. The event was hosted by China, ahead of the upcoming United Nation Summit on Biodiversity on 30 September 2020.
- The theme of the Ministerial Dialogue was Biodiversity Beyond 2020: “Building a Shared Future for All Life on Earth”.
India’s one of the first medical devices park to come up in Kerala:
- Central government approved the setting up four medical device parks in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala on the lines of “Make in India” initiative and to provide world-class products at affordable prices for treatment.
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan laid the foundation stone for one of the first medical devices parks in the country “MedSpark” at Life Science Park, Thonnakkal, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
Central sanctions 670 electric buses and 241 charging stations under FAME scheme:
- Central government has sanctioned 670 electric buses for Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat and Chandigarh and 241 charging stations in Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Gujarat and Port Blair under Phase-II of the FAME (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles) India Scheme.
ADB approves USD 570 million loans for urban projects in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh:
- The Manila-headquartered Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved two loans totalling USD 570 million (about Rs 4,200 crore) for urban sector projects in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- ADB has approved a USD 300 million loan to develop Rajasthan’s secondary towns and a USD 270 million loan for Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
- Chief Minister:Ashok Gehlot
- Governor:Kalraj Mishra
AYUSH Ministry inks MoU with herbal industry bodies for plants cultivation:
- National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the major AYUSH and herbal industry bodies covering a set of measures to promote medicinal plant cultivation.
‘Cable Stayed Bridge’ constructed across Durgam Cheruvu Lake inaugurated in Hyderabad:
- Minister of State for Home Kishan Reddy inaugurated the new ‘Cable Stayed Bridge’ constructed across Durgam Cheruvu Lake along with four-lane elevated corridor associated with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) connecting it with Jubilee Hills in Hyderabad.
- Chief Minister:K. Chandrashekar Rao
- National Parks(NP):KasuBrahmananda Reddy NP, Mahaveer Harina NP, Mrugavani NP.
3-day naval exercise held between India and Japan in Arabian Sea:
- 4th edition of India and Japan Maritime bilateral exercise “JIMEX” is conducted biennially between the Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) is being held in the North Arabian Sea in a ‘Non-Contact At-Sea-Only Format’.
India provides 1.54 billion rupees to Nepal as post-earthquake reconstruction assistance:
- India has provided 54 billion (US$ 250 million grant and US$ 750 million concessional Line of Credit) Nepalese Rupees (INR nearly 96 crores) to Nepal as part of its commitment towards assistance and rehabilitation after the 2015 earthquake named “Gorkha earthquake” which saw the death of over 9,000 people in the country.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Napalese Rupee
- Prime Minister: KP Sharma Oli
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
Passage Exercise (PASSEX) Between Royal Australian Navy and Indian Navy in East Indian Ocean Region:
- Indian Navy is scheduled to undertake a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Australian Navy (RAN) in the East Indian Ocean Region. The exercise would involve participation of HMAS Hobart from the Australian side and Indian Naval Ships Sahyadri and Karmuk.
- And also, India-Australia conducts maritime exercise “AUSINDEX” biennially to boost defence cooperation in the maritime domain.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
Banking and Economy:
Fino Payments Bank with Fintech Partners Introduced NFC-based Contactless Payments Solution for Mass Transport:
- Fino Payments Bank along with fintech partners has introduced NFC-based contactless payments solution for mass transit systems, especially state bus Transport Services in India. It was developed by Fino Payments Bank in partnership with fintech firms like City Cash.
Fino Payments Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai.
- CEO: Rishi Gupta.
- Tagline: “Qadar Aapki Mehnat Ki”.
Science and Technology:
IIT Madras Developed an Indigenous Microprocessor “MOUSHIK” For IoT Devices:
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras Researchers have developed an indigenously Microprocessor ‘MOUSHIK’ can cater to the rapidly-growing IoT devices, an integral part of Smart Cities of a Digital India. The processor can be used in smart cards, Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and office management systems.
Star & Disney India’s K. Madhavan Elected as Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) President:
- Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) Board has elected Star & Disney India’s Managing Director K. Madhavan as the Foundation’s new President. Mr. Madhavan will succeed Mr. NP Singh, India MD and CEO, Sony Pictures Networks, who held the position for two years.
Stefano Domenicali confirmed as F1’s new president and CEO:
- The Italian Stefano Domenicali will be F1 president with Chase Carey, who led the revamping of the sport following the 2017 ouster of former supremo Bernie Ecclestone, moving to the position of non-executive chairman.
Former Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh appointed as brand ambassador of Aakash Educational Services:
- Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL), which provides comprehensive test preparatory services, has announced the appointment of cricketer Yuvraj Singh as its brand ambassador. He will lead the “Success is waiting”, a multi-channel campaign of Aakash Digital.
CEAT Tyres appoints Aamir Khan as brand ambassador:
- Tyre manufacturer CEAT Tyres has signed Bollywood actor Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador for two years. As part of an integrated marketing campaign he will feature in 2 commercials during the on-going Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 in Dubai to promote CEAT’s SecuraDrive, a range of mass premium tyres.
Awards and Recognitions
Kerala wins UN award for ‘outstanding contribution’ towards prevention, control of non-communicable diseases:
- Kerala bagged a United Nations award for its “Outstanding Contribution” towards the Non-Communicable Diseases related sustainable development goals. Kerala is among the seven ministries of health across the world to receive the award.
- The Award is presented to recognize the achievements during 2019 on multi-sectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs, mental health and the wider NCD-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Magawa the “HeroRAT” was recently awarded the PDSA gold medal for his life-saving work in Cambodia:
- Magawa, the HeroRAT is an African giant pouched rat was awarded a gold medal for his gallantry contribution in detecting land mines in Cambodia. For the first time a rat has won a British charity’s top civilian award for animal bravery.
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and Sanju Yadav Receive AIFF Player of the Year Awards:
- Indian football team goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and midfielder of the women’s national team Sanju Yadav have been awarded the AIFF (All India Football Federation) Wen’s Footballer of the Year and Women’s Footballer Of the Year Award respectively for 2019-20 season.
- Sandhu became the second goalkeeper after Subrata Paul to be receiving the prestigious award.
India ranked 89th among 181 countries in World Risk Report 2020; Vanuatu Tops:
- According to the World Risk Index (WRI) 2020, India has been ranked at the 89th spot among 181 Countries. India was ‘poorly prepared’ to deal with ‘climate reality’, due to which it was more vulnerable to extreme natural disasters. It is calculated by the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS).
- Vanuatu tops the list. Qatar (0.31) had the lowest risk followed by Malta (0.66) and Vincent and the Grenadines (0.81).
Legendary singer SP Balasubramanyam passes away at 74:
- Legendary singer SP Balasubramanyam has passed away. He is known to have recorded over 40,000 songs in 16 Indian languages including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, and Malayalam and holds the Guinness World Record for recording the highest number of songs by a singer.
- SP Balasubramanyam was honored with a Padma Shri (fourth-highest civilian award) in 2001 and Padma Bhushan (third-highest civilian award) in 2011 for his contribution to cinema.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of September 29, 2020 now from the link given below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.