Daily Current Affairs : September 28, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (September 28, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Day for Universal Access to Information- 28 September:
- Every year International Day for Universal Access to Information is observed on September 28.
- In 2015, UNESCO declared September 28 as International Day for Universal Access to Information. In 2020 The Day focuses on to the right to information in times of crisis.
- Theme 2020: “Access to Information – Saving lives, Building Trust, Bringing Hope!”
World Rabies Day- September 28:
- World Rabies Day is observed on September 28. It is an international awareness campaign coordinated by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control, a non-profit organization with headquarters in the United States.
- Theme: “End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate”
Assam government develops new mobile app “Visitassam” For air passengers:
- Assam government has developed a mobile app “Visitassam” through which air passengers can download forms, fill it up, and show it at airports to avoid delay in completing formalities for COVID-19 tests said by Minister for Health and Family Welfare Himanta Biswa Sarma.
- The government also introduced a change of protocol for the air passengers to take the “Tatkal RT-PCR” test with a payment of Rs.2200 whose result will be given within 24 hours.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: SarbanandaSonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park or Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Dehing Patkai Wls.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah virtually inaugurates ‘Destination North East-2020’:
- Union Minister for Home Affairs Amit Shah is also the chairman of the North Eastern Council virtually inaugurates “Destination North East-2020”.
- It is a four-day event to highlight various potentials of the Northeast region’ of India like eco-tourism, culture, heritage and business.
- Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region Jitendra Singh was the guest of honour of the event. The theme for ‘Destination North East 2020’ is ‘The Emerging Delightful Destinations’.
Odisha Government to launch “Radio Pathshala” program for School Students:
- Odisha Government is launching Radio Pathshala program for student’s upto class 8.
- The program will be broadcast from All India Radio stations in the state for 15 minutes daily.
- The audio of the program will also be made available on the online DIKSHA platform.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
Uttar Pradesh’s First Conservation Centre For Vultures To Come Up In Gorakhpur Forest Division:
- Uttar Pradesh’s first vulture conservation and breeding centre is set to be established at Bhari Baisi village in Farenda range of Gorakhpur forest division.
- The Jatayu Conservation & Breeding Centre would be set up in the Bhari Baisi village in Gorakhpur.
- Centre will be the 1st in India which will be dedicated to red-headed king vulture.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
- Zoological park: Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan Prani Udyan(Gorakhpur), Kanpur Zoological Park, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden.
West Bengal Government And UK India Business Council Sign MoU To Strengthen The State’s Industrial Development:
- UK India Business Council has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC), the premier nodal agency of West Bengal’s Industry, Commerce and Enterprises Department focused on accelerating industrial development in west Bengal.
- This collaborative partnership between the UKIBC and Government of West Bengal will help to boost business and industrial development in the state by proactively developing the business environment and strengthening collaboration with British businesses in West Bengal.
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- National Park(NP): Buxa NP, Gorumara NP, Neora Valley NP, Jaldapara NP, Singalila NP, Sundarbans NP.
World Bank Approves $200 mn loan for Bangladesh to ensure safe water in rural areas:
- World Bank has approved $200 million to help Bangladesh improve access to safe water and sanitation services in rural areas.
- The Bangladesh Rural Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) for Human Capital Development Project will help about 600,000 people avail safe and clean water through large and small piped water schemes in rural areas.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass.
India and Denmark sign MoU on Intellectual Property cooperation:
- India entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Denmark in the field of Intellectual Property (IP) Cooperation. The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) signed the MoU with the Danish Patent and Trademark Office.
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone.
IATA Inked MoU with UNOCT as 1st private partner to Cooperate on India-funded CT Travel Programme:
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT) as the first non-government partner to strengthen the cooperation with the United Nations (UN) Countering Terrorist Travel Programme (CT Travel Programme).
Banking and Economy
SBI Card launches new brand campaign ‘contactless connections’:
- India’s second largest credit card issuer SBI Card has announced the launch of its new brand campaign, “Contactless Connections” that spreads the message that love and care can be shared even during this difficult period where social distancing is the norm.
- This campaign is in continuation of the SBI card’s brand campaign “Ghar Mein Khushiyaan”.
Axis Bank partners with Bayer’s Better Life Farming initiative in India:
- Axis Bank has joined Bayer’s Better Life Farming initiative in India to provide enhanced and holistic financial solutions to smallholder farmers and rural farming communities.
- Axis Bank will offer a wide range of end-to-end financial solutions and services like affordably priced loans, deposits, withdrawals, payments etc.
- These solutions will be offered through Bayer’s Better Life Farming centers which are owned and operated either by a Farmer Producer Organization (FPO), Federation, agri-graduate or a local farmer/entrepreneur.
Vakrangee gets RBI nod to set up Bharat Bill Payment unit:
- Vakrangee Limited has been granted in-principle authorization to set-up and operates Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU) under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 from Reserve Bank of India.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Facebook partners with Matrix Partners India to scale Small And Medium Businesses (SMBs):
- Facebook has joined hands with early stage venture capital fund Matrix Partners to scale small businesses in India by providing them with timely digital skilling support.
- The partnership with Matrix Partners is a part of Facebook’s VC Brand Incubator Programme, that associates with VC funds to help early-stage Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) to increase their digital potential.
Science and Technology
Virgin Hyperloop and Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) sign MoU to study feasibility of highspeed corridor:
- Virgin Hyperloop and Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) have signed a MoU to conduct a feasibility study for a proposed Hyperloop corridor from the Kempegowda International Airport.
- A hyperloop have speeds of up to 1,080 kmph.
India’s first RRTS train with design speed of 180 kmph unveiled:
- Centre unveiled the first look of the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) train that can attain a top speed of 180 kilometres per hour on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor.
- The design is inspired by Delhi’s iconic Lotus Temple and is aligned with PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ policy.
- First RRTS project of India while the train sets are being manufactured by Bombardier Transportation India Private Limited at their Savli plant in Gujarat under the government’s Make in India policy and AtmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
Former India cricketer Neetu David appointed as the head of BCCI’s All-India Women’s Selection Committee:
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced the appointment of former India Women’s cricketer Neetu David as the head of the new All-India Women’s Selection Committee. The women’s selection committee will comprise of 5 members.
- The other member of the newly-elected panel includes Mithu Mukherjee, Renu Margrate, Arati Vaidya and V Kalpana.
Reserve Bank ropes in Amitabh Bachchan for customer awareness campaign:
- RBI has roped in Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan for the client consciousness marketing campaign to forestall gullible account holders from being duped by fraudsters.
- As a part of the general public consciousness initiative of RBI, the regulator retains informing about do’s and don’ts that should be adopted by clients to transact safely and securely.
Books and Authors
A book titled “A Crown of Thorns – The Coronavirus and Us” authored by Ishrat Syed and Kalpana Swaminathan:
- Authors Ishrat Syed and Kalpana Swaminathan joined KLF Bhava Samvad to speak about their latest book ‘Crown of Thorns’ which is based on the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Speaking about the vision of the book Kalpana said, The purpose of our book is to shift the focus from Covid 19 statistics to self.
Former Union Minister Jaswant Singh Passes Away At 82:
- Former Union Minister Jaswant Singh has passed away after a prolonged illness.
- He had served as the external affairs minister, defense minister and finance minister of India, during the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s Cabinet.
Padma Bhushan awardee and Economist Dr. Isher Judge Ahluwalia passed away at 74:
- Renowned economist and Padma Bhushan awardee Isher Judge Ahluwalia passed away.
- She had served on several national and international committees and boards over her career, including as chairperson of the board of trustees of IFPRI and ICRIER.
Valtteri Bottas wins Russian GP after Lewis Hamilton is handed 10-second penalty:
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) won his second Formula One race of the 2020 season.
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) came second followed by the 6-time world champion Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain), who stood third because of two separate five-second penalties.
Australia’s Alyssa Healy Breaks MS Dhoni’s Record of Most Dismissals by Wicket-Keeper in T20Is:
- Australia’s wicket-keeper bat Alyssa Healy broke MS Dhoni’s record of having most dismissals as a wicket-keeper in Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
- Healy now has 92 dismissals in the shortest format of the game, while Dhoni had held the record previously with 91 dismissals in T20 internationals.
- Dhoni played 98 T20Is for India.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of September 28, 2020 now from the link given below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.