DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 1, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 1 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
National Doctor’s Day- July 1:
- National Doctor’s Day is celebrated on the 1st of July in India every year. The Day is celebrated in the memory of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, a former Chief Minister of West Bengal and a well-known physician.
World Allergy Week:
- World Allergy Organization is proud to announce that World Allergy Week 2020 will occur 28 June – 4 July 2020. Each year, the World Allergy Organization (WAO) addresses a different topic that has a need for greater awareness.
- Theme: “Allergy care does not stop with COVID-19.”
Giriraj Singh launches first edition of Fisheries and Aquaculture newsletter ‘Matsya Sampada’:
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Giriraj Singh launched the first edition of the Fisheries and Aquaculture Newsletter ‘Matsya Sampada’ published by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying and the Operational Guidelines of the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
Kiren Rijiju launches NADA app to help athletes stay updated about banned substances:
- Sports minister Kiren Rijiju unveiled National Anti-Doping Agency’s first mobile app to provide information about prohibited substances and their inadvertent use, calling the initiative an important step towards dope-free sports.
PM announces extension of Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Anna Yojana till November to provide free food grains to poor:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced free food grains to 80 crore people across the country for five more months. 5 kg free wheat or rice along with 1 kg whole chana will be provided to each member of a family per month. Its extension will cost over 90 thousand crore rupees.
NFL launches five Mobile Soil Testing Labs for testing the soil samples at farmers’ doorstep:
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) has launched five Mobile Soil Testing Labs for testing the soil samples at the doorstep of farmers free of cost. It will give further boost to the Soil Testing facility in the country for promoting appropriate use of fertilizers.
Himachal Pradesh Government to open Varishth Nagrik Suvidha Kendra for senior citizens:
- Himachal Pradesh Government would open Varishth Nagrik Suvidha Kendra on pilot basis to offer comprehensive day care services to senior citizens to lead a healthy and dignified lifestyle.
- Chief Minister:Jai Ram Thakur
Naveen Patnaik plans to increase green cover under ‘Sabuja Odisha’ over 1.30 Lakh Hectares:
- The Odisha Government planned to implement a new initiative ‘Sabuja Odisha’ to increase green cover through extensive plantation over 1,30,264 Hectares of land. This has been decided in a high-level meeting held under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary Asit Tripathy.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
Banking and Economy:
RBI launches inflation expectations survey; to gather responses over telephone amid pandemic:
- Reserve Bank of India has launched the inflation expectations survey of households and responses of the participants will be gathered over telephone in view of the coronavirus pandemic. The results of the survey are used as inputs for monetary policy.
HDFC Bank unveils ‘e-Kisaan Dhan’ App for farmers in rural India:
- Private lender HDFC Bank launched its ‘e-Kisaan Dhan‘ app for farmers across India in a bid to access a bouquet of agricultural and banking services on their mobile.
- The app acts as a repository of knowledge and information for any individual engaged in agricultural activities and assist them in meeting the needs of the rural ecosystem.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Food delivery app Swiggy launches its own digital wallet with ICICI Bank:
- Swiggy has launched its digital wallet in partnership with ICICI Bank, which will allow customers to store money to be used for orders on the platform. The digital wallet named ‘Swiggy Money’, will provide users with a single-click checkout experience.
Science and Technology:
IIT Madras launches world’s first online BSc degree in Programming and Data Science:
- IIT Madras launched an online BSc degree course on Programming & Data Science which is the world’s first such programme. The Programming and Data Science course was launched by HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Data Science is one of the fastest-growing sectors.
Bharat Biotech Announces India’s First COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate ‘COVAXIN’ With DCGI Approval For Human Clinical Trials:
- Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech announced that it has successfully developed Covaxin, India’s first vaccine candidate for Covid-19, in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and National Institute of Virology (NIV).
Salma Lakhani becomes first Muslim in Canada to be appointed as lieutenant governor:
- Edmonton businesswoman Salma Lakhani has become the first Muslim woman in Canada to be named as the lieutenant governor. A Lt Governor in Canada is the equivalent of a Governor in India.
Nitin Menon becomes third Indian umpire to be inducted in ICC Elite Panel:
- India’s Nitin Menon has been included in the International Cricket Council’s Elite Panel of Umpires for the upcoming 2020-21 season, replacing England’s Nigel Llong. He has officiated in three Tests, 24 ODIs and 16 T20Is. Srinivas Venkatraghavan & Sundaram Ravi were previous inductees.
Gudni Johannesson Re-elected as President of Iceland:
- Gudni Th. Johannesson has been re-elected as the President of Iceland. He has won his second four-year term as the president of Iceland in the presidential elections held recently.
- He won the presidential elections with 92% of the popular vote which the second-largest win in Icelandic presidential elections against Gudmundur Franklín Jónsson.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.