IMPORTANT BANKING ABBREVIATION QUESTIONS
IMPORTANT BANKING ABBREVIATION QUESTIONS
Banking awareness plays a vital role in the General knowledge section.So, start preparing for your mains examination and score more marks by practising these questions.
1) CDR is the ratio of how much a bank lends out of the deposits it has mobilised.What is the abbreviation of CDR?
a) Currency Deficit Ratio
b) Capital Deficit Ratio
c) Currency Deposit Ratio
d) Credit Deposit Ratio
e) Capital Deposit Ratio
2) C P in the global financial market, is an unsecured promissory note with a fixed maturity of not more than 364 days. What is the abbreviation of C in CP ?
3) BoP is the record of all international financial transactions made by a country’s residents.What is the abbreviation of B in BoP?
4) ECGC provides export credit insurance support to Indian exporters and is controlled by the Ministry of Commerce.What is the abbreviation of E in ECGC?
5) An EEFC is an account maintained in foreign currency with a bank dealing in foreign exchange.What is the abbreviation of EEFC?
a) Electronic Earners Foreign Currency defenition
b) Exchange Earners Foreign Capital defenition
c) Electronic Earners Foreign Currency defenition
d) Export Earners Foreign Currency defenition
e) Exchange Earners Foreign Currency defenition
6) DICGC is used for the purpose of providing insurance of deposits and guaranteeing of credit facilities to the customers of banks.What is the abbreviation of DICGC?
a) Deposit Insurance and Credit Granting Corporation
b) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Co-ordination
c) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation
d) Deficit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation
e) Deficit Insurance and Credit Granting Corporation
7) FCCI is the association of Indian business organizations, dedicated to promoting the growth and global competitiveness of Indian businesses.What is the abbreviation of F in FCCI?
8) FIMMDA an association of Scheduled Commercial Banks, Public Financial Institutions, Primary Dealers and Insurance Companies is a voluntary market body for the bond, money and derivatives markets.What is the abbreviation of MM in FIMMDA?
a) Money Movement
b) Movement Money
c) Monetary Money
d) Market Money
e) Money Markey
9) FDAS is required to be submitted directly by all the Indian companies which have received FDI and/or made FDI abroad in the previous year(s) including the current year.What is the abbreviation od FDAS?
a) Fiscal Liabilities and Assigns Survey
b) Foreign Liabilities and Assets Survey
c) Firm Liabilities and Assets Survey
d) Fisal Liabilities and Assets Survey
e) Foreign Liabilities and Assigns Survey
10) FPI is the entry of funds into a country where foreigners deposit money in a country’s bankor make purchases in the country’s stock and bond markets sometimes for Speculation.What is the abbreviation of FPI?
a) Foreign Postal Investment
b) Foreign Provident Investment
c) Foreign Portfolio Influence
d) Foreign Portfolio Interest
e) Foreign Portfolio Investment
11) FRBMA is used to institutionalize financial discipline, reduce India’s fiscal deficit, improve macroeconomic management and the overall management of the public funds by moving towards a balanced budget and strengthen fiscal prudence.What is the abbreviation of FRBMA?
a) Firm Responsibility and Budget Management Act
b) Fiscal Respository and Budget Management Act
c) Foreign Responsibility and Budget Management Act
d) Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act
e) Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Monetary Act
12) GFD is the excess of total expenditure including loans net of recovery over revenue receipts (including external grants) and non-debt capital receipts.What is the abbreviation of GFD?
a) Gross Fixed Deposit
b) Gross Fiscal Deficit
c) Gross Focal Deficit
d) Gross Fiscal Deposit
e) Gross Fixed Deficit
13) IFS is a compilation of financial data collected from various sources, covering over 200 countries worldwide, which is published monthly by the International Monetary Fund.What is the abbreviation of IFS?
a) International Fiscal Statistics
b) International Financial Survey
c) International Financial Statistics
d) Interior Financial Statistics
e) Internal Financial Statistics
14) IBRD is an international financial institution that offers loans to middle-income developing countries.What is the abbreviation of R in IBRD?
15) ICAR is an autonomous body responsible for co-ordinating agricultural education and research in India. What is the abbreviation of ICAR?
a) Indian Council of Agricultural Reconstruction
b) International Council of Agricultural Resource
c) Indian Council of Agricultural Resource
d) Indian Council of Agricultural Research
e) International Council of Agricultural Research
16) IFAD is an international financial institution and a Specialised agency of the United Nations dedicated to eradicating poverty and hunger in rural areas of developing countries.What is the abbreviation of D in IFAD?
17) LAF is a monetary policy tool which allows banks to borrow money through repurchase agreements.What is the abbreviation of A in LAF?
18) MSS is a monetary policy intervention by the RBI to withdraw excess liquidity (or money supply) by selling government securities in the economy. What is the abbreviation of MSS?
a) Marginal Standardizing scheme
b) Market Stabilization Schedule
c) Marginal Stabilization Scheme
d) Money Stabilization Scheme
e) Market Stabilization scheme
19) OECD is a group of 34 member countries that discuss and develop economic and social policy. What is the abbreviation of D in OECD?
20) MIGA is an international financial institution which offers political risk insurance and credit enhancement guarantees.What is the abbreviation of MIGA?
a) Multilateral international Guarantee Agency
b) Multiple Investment Gardening Agency
c) Multilateral Institute Guarantee Agency
d) Multiple Investment Guarantee Agency
e) Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
1) d) Credit Deposit Ratio
2) a) Commercial
3) d) Payments
4) d) Export
5) e) Exchange Earners Foreign Currency defenition
6) c) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation
7) a) Federation
8) e) Money Markey
9) b) Foreign Liabilities and Assets Survey
10) e) Foreign Portfolio Investment
11) d) Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act
12) b) Gross Fiscal Deficit
13) c) International Financial Statistics
14) e) Reconstruction
15) d) Indian Council of Agricultural Research
16) e) Development
17) b) Liquidity
18) e) Market Stabilization scheme
19) c) Development
20) e) Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
Other Important Links: