IMPORTANT INDIAN COMMITTEES : day 11
IMPORTANT INDIAN COMMITTEES
- Kamlesh Chandra Committee – to examine the wage structure, service conditions of the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the Department of Posts (DoP).
- Adam Lewis Panel – to safeguard integrity in International tennis.
- Shyam Benegal Committee – to look into revamp the film certification nuances by Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
- RM Lodha Committee – on the IPL betting scandal.
- Dr T K Viswanathan Committee – on Bankruptcy Law Reforms
- A P Shah committee – to look into the dispute between Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) and Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) on Krishna Godavari (KG) gas fields.
- A P Shah committee – on applicability of Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) to Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) and Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs).
- L Narasimha Reddy Committee – to look into the implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for the ex-servicemen.
- Arvind Subramanian Committee – on Possible Tax rates under Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- MB Shah Committee – on illegal mining, its trade, transportation and export in Goa.
- RV Easwar Committee – to simplify the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- T Haque committee – NITI Aayog constituted T Haque Expert Group on Land Leasing
- R Gandhi committee – recommended conversion of Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) with business size of 20,000 crore rupees or more into regular banks.
- Deepak Mohanty committee – to frame Medium-term Path on Financial Inclusion.
- Vijay Kelkar committee – on Revisiting and Revitalizing the Public Private Partnership (PPP) Model of Infrastructure Development.
- AK Bhargava committee – to look into the issues of “Net neutrality”.
- Aravind Subramanian Committee – to tackle the shortage of pulses in India.
- Partha Mukhopadhay Committee – Working group on Migration recommended necessary legal and policy framework to protect the interests of the migrants in the country.
- Meena Hemchandra committee – on cyber security to review the threats in the existing and emerging technology.
- Kadiyam Srihari Committee – a sub-committee of Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) to look into issues of girl’s education.
- Eight members Task Force Committee – for preparing action plan for next three Olympic games 2020, 2024 and 2028.
- Members of Task Force – Pulella Gopichand, Abinav Bindra, Rajesh Kalra, Sandeep Pradhan, Om Pathak, Viren Rasquinha, S. Baldey Singh, G L Khanna.
- K. Singh Committee – on revising the FRBM (Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management)
- Injeti Srinivas Committee – to frame comprehensive National Sports Development Code across sports disciplines.
- N. Srikrishna Committee – to review institutionalization of arbitration mechanism in India. And to deliberate on a data protection framework for the country.
- Nripendra Mishra Committee – task force to look into all the strategic aspects of Indus Water Treaty (IWT) with Pakistan.
- Ratan P. Watal Committee – on Digital Payments.
- Six members committee – to study the ways to improve India’s Haj policy.
Convenor of committee – Afzal Amanullah
- Aarvind Pangariya Committee – To classify the caste Names returned in the Socio Economic & Caste Census (SECC) 2011.
- Gail LNG shipe tender float
- Examine the issue of poor regulation of medical eduction by MCL and Proposed replacing MCL with NMC.
- Pam Rajput Committee – High level committee on status of Women, as well to empower them.
- Bibek Debroy committee – on or mobilization of resources for major railway projects and the restructuring of Indian Railways.
- Aravind Subramanian – Universal Basic Income to allow people to go above poverty line.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman – BCCI’s newly-constituted cricket advisory committee.
- Monetary Policy Committee – for setting interest rates and ending the Reserve Bank of India governor’s role as sole arbiter.
Its first policy review is scheduled for October 4.
Three members from RBI
- Urjit Patel (Chairperson) – RBI governor – having a casting vote
- Viral V Acharya – Deputy Governor of RBI in charge of Monetary Policy
- Michael Patra – Executive Director of RBI
Three members appointed by Central Government
- Chetan Ghate – Professor of Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)
- Pami Dua – Director of Delhi School of Economics (DSE)
- Ravindra H Dholakia – Professor of IIM, Ahmedabad