India Post GDS Recruitment 2019 – 10,066 Vacancies Released
India Post has released the official notification for the Recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) now in the official website of India Post.
The Total Number of Vacancies available for the India Post GDS for various states are 10,066 Vacancies.
The states in which the India Post GDS Recruitment are happening are as below.
- Assam – 919 Posts
- Bihar – 1063 Posts
- Gujarat – 2510 Posts
- Karnataka – 2637 Posts
- Kerala – 2086 Posts
- Punjab – 851 Posts
Previously, India Post has made the recruitment process for the GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) for the state of Tamil Nadu and Odisha.
The Recruitment is done for three posts namely,
- Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
- Dak Sevak
Important Dates – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
- Application Start Date – 5th August, 2019
- Application End Date – 4th September, 2019
Salary – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA)
The following Minimum TRCA shall be payable to the categories of GDS as mentioned in Directorate Order No.17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018.
|Sl.No.||Category||Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab||Minimum TRCA for 5 hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab|
(ii) However, in respect of GDSs engaged on or after 01.07.2018, the initial fixation of TRCA will be done on the first stage of Level-I of the respective category.
Age Limit – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
- Minimum Age – 18 years
- Maximum Age – 40 Years
The Age Limit will be considered as on 5th August, 2019.
Age Relaxation – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
|Sl.No.||Category||Permissible relaxation Age Relaxation|
|1.||Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3.||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation*|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years*|
|5.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years*|
|6.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years*|
Educational Qualification – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
- (Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018).
- The Candidate passed Xth class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
Local Language Knowledge – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.
- List of Official languages of the state are mentioned in the official notification of the India Post GDS Recruitment 2019 in the 4th page.
Security – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
- On engagement as GDS, the person so engaged shall be required to furnish security in such manner as may be prescribed from time to time.
- The existing security amount in case of GDS Branch Postmaster and other approved categories of GDS is ABPM & Dak Sevak is Rs.25000/- & Rs. 10,000 respectively.
SELECTION CRITERIA – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory subject to the conditions referred in Clause B of Notifications pertaining to Required Educational Qualifications for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidates apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- iv. In case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, EWS female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, EWS male, UR male.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one or all Circles. However, this count of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in candidate’s Home Circle. (Home Circle means the circle in the native/ domicile state of prospective candidate in which he/she is permanently residing and studied SSCwhere Postal Circle is providing opportunity). Hence, candidates should be advised to exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
- If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited. Similarly in case of a candidate joins at any selected post, offers to the remaining choices will automatically be forfeited. If a candidate has applied for more than one circle only one post will be offered per circle.
- Applicants submitted applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration.
Application Fee – India Post GDS Recruitment 2019
- OC / OBC / EWS Male – Rs.100/- (Each Set of Five Options)
- Female Candidates – NO FEES
- PWD Candidates – NO FEES
Aspirants can check the notification of the India Post GDS Recruitment 2019 from the following Links.
We have also posted SBI CLERK Mains Exam 2019 – Online Mock Test Series – (10 Full Length Mock Test Series) + 6 Month Current Affairs Quiz (1200 Questions) at a very low price. Aspirants who have cleared the SBI CLERK Mains Exam 2019 can purchase the SBI CLERK mains Exam – Online Mock Test Series from Bankersdaily store.