NARENDRA MODI – Visit to Israel
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirant ,
A visit by a leader from a country to another don’t get the hype like what our Prime Minister Narendra Modi gets. Whenever our Prime Minister is on a visit to another country , there is a buzz about the events and the MoU’s which will be signed during the visit and not but not the least , the speech of Modi during that visit.
Recently Modi has visited three nations and we have already hosted the same in our website.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a three day visit to Israel, which is a country on the Middle East Asia. Narendra Modi visit has been keenly looked out because of the Israel-Palestine conflict. One has to take a keen interest on the happenings on the ongoing tussle between the two governments over the disputed lands. India has always been a supporter of Palestine and has supported for them , but that doesn’t mean that our country is a enemy of Israel.
In fact India signed the largest Defense deal with Israel in April and it was termed as the Largest Defense Contract Deal. Also after this visit Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also attend the G20 Nations meet happening at Hamburg in Germany. So this visit along with the G20 meet has become a eye catcher for all the news agencies and more than that people are much eager to know about it.
Also another primary cause for the keen observation is our neighboring countries like Pakistan , China and others were also keen to know the deals signed. Usually the Leaders visiting Tel Aviv ( The Largest City in Israel , not the capital of Israel) would also visit Ramallah( The de facto administrative capital of the Palestinian National Authority). But Modi’s plan doesn’t include the visit of Ramallah.
Why Modi’s visit is important ?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is visiting Israel to mark 25 years of diplomatic relations between the two nations .
- Yes the diplomatic relations started in the year 1992 , India and Israel established embassies in each other’s state capitals which marked the formalisation of diplomatic ties.
- He will become the first serving Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel – a momentous step after the two countries officially established diplomatic ties in 1992.
- Narendra Modi arrived at the Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv and was received by Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Prime Minster Narendra Modi will stay in the Most Secured Place in the world “King David Hotel” and will be accompanied by Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during his visit of three days.
Note : Only the US President will be received by the Israel Counterpart on his arrival and Narendra Modi gets the honor of being received by the Israel Prime Minister and the delegates of Israel.
Important Events during the Visit of Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi :
- Narendra Modi visited the Danziger Flower Farm, where advanced agriculture technologies were showcased by the Israeli Government and our PM was accompanied by Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- New fast-growing Israeli Crysanthumun flower named in honor of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and will be called “MODI”.
- Modi also visited the Yad Vashem Memorial Museum to honour the memory of the victims of the holocaust that counts among the greatest tragedies in human history.
- Both Prime Ministers made an unscheduled stop at Mt. Herzl in Jerusalem to pay respect to the modern zionism founder.
- PM Narendra Modi seals seven MoUs with Israel.
- PM announces OCI card for those Indian origin persons who have done compulsory military service in Israel
- PM Narendra Modi met three Pravasi Bharatiya Samman awardees Dr. Lael Anson Best , Mr. Eliyahu Bezalel, Mr. Sheikh Ansari from Israel.
- PM Narendra Modi addressed the Indian Community at the Tel Aviv Community Centre.
- Narendra Modi also met Moshe, the young survivor of the Chabad House killings during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks of 2008. The Indian PM also offered long term visas to the family and Moshe.
- Indian PM visited the Indian cemetery in the Israeli city of Haifa and paid homage to Indian soldiers who laid down their lives during the World War 1.
- Both countries Prime Minister’s attended the Technology exhibition and CEO Business Roundtable at Tel Aviv.
- PM Narendra Modi has attended the demonstration of mobile water filtration plant along with his Israelian Counterpart.
MoUs signed between India and Israel :
- MoU between the Department of Science & Technology, India and National Technological Innovation Authority, Israel for setting up of India-Israel Industrial R&D and Technological Innovation Fund (I4F).
- MoU between the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation of the Republic of India and the Ministry of National Infrastructure, Energy and Water Resources of the State of Israel on National Campaign for Water Conservation in India.
- MoU between U.P. Jal Nigam, Government of Uttar Pradesh, of the Republic of India and the Ministry of National Infrastructure, Energy and Water Resources of the State of Israel on State Water Utility Reform in India.
- India-Israel Development Cooperation – Three Year Work Program in Agriculture 2018-2020.
- Plan of Cooperation Between the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Israel Space Agency (ISA) regarding cooperation in Atomic Clocks.
- MoU between the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Israel Space Agency (ISA)regarding cooperation in GEO-LEO Optical Link.
- MoU between the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Israel Space Agency (ISA) regarding cooperation in Electric Propulsion for Small Satellites.
Other Links about Prime Minister Narendra Modi recent visits to other countries :