Static GK : New Books & Authors
Static GK : New Books & Authors
- Book titled ‘Jawaharlal Nehru and The Indian Polity in Perspective’- by Prof (Dr) P J Alexander
- The Z Factor,” a book written by Subhash Chandra – The book is the autobiography of the promoter of Essel/ Zee Group Subhash Chandra.
- Book titled “MARU BHARAT SARU BHARAT “(My India Noble India) written by Jain Acharya Ratnasundersuriswarji Maharaj.
- Book titled Nathuram Godse – The Story of an Assassin – authored by Anup Ashok Sardesai
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam’s book “Transendence” launched in Johannesburg, South Africa
- The Bose Brothers and Indian Independence – An Insider’s Account authored by – Madhuri Bose (the grand-niece of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose)
- Life On My Terms: From the Grassroots to the Corridors of Power: an autobiography of Sharad Pawar
- What Happened to Netaji? authored by former journalist Anuj Dhar
- Rebooting India: Realizing a Billion Aspirations: authored by Nandan Nilekani and Viral Shah
- Interlinking of Indian Rivers authored by Radha Kant Bharati
- Dreaming Big: My Journey to Connect India: Sam Pitroda
- Two Years Eight Months and Twenty Eight Nights: Salman Rushdie
- The Courage to Act – A Memoir of a Crisis and Its Aftermath authored by Ben S. Bernanke
- Dreaming Big: My Journey to Connect India: auto biography of Sam Pitroda written with the help of David Chanoff, an American author.
- Two Years Eight Months and Twenty Eight Nights authored by the British Indian novelist Salman Rushdie
- To the Brink and Back: India’s 1991 Story written by former Union Environment & Forest Minister (Independent Charge) Jairam Ramesh.
- Making India Awesome written by – Chetan Bhagat
- Green Signals: Ecology, Growth, Democracy in India written by Jairam Ramesh
- Uniki written by – CH Vidyasagar Rao, Governor of Maharashtra.
- The China Model written by – Daniel A Bell.
- Recasting India written by – Hindol Sengupta.
- Sourav Ganguly: Cricket, Captaincy and Controversy written by Saptarshi Sarkar.
- Flood of fire written by Amitav Ghosh.
- “India Central Asia Relations”: The Economic Dimension authored by Amiya Chandra.
- “Kashmir: The Vajpayee Years” – authored by AS Dulat and Aditya Sinha.
- “37 Bridges and Other Stories” – authored by noted Pakistani author Aamer Hussein.
Countries through which tropic of Capricorn passes through are as follows in west to east direction:
7- South Africa
The equator passes through 13 countries: Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Sao Tome & Principe, Gabon, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Maldives, Indonesia and Kiribati.
The Tropic of Cancer passes through the Bahamas, Mexico, Mauritania, Mali, Western Sahara, Algeria, Niger, Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, India, China, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Bangladesh, Burma and Taiwan.
Important Lines and Boundaries
- Durand Line is the line demarcating the boundaries of Afghanistan and Pakistan. It was drawn up in 1896 by Sir Mortimer Durand.
- Hindenburg Line is the boundary dividing Germany and Poland. The Germans retreated to this line in 1917 during World War I.
- Mason-dixon Line is a line of demarcation between four states in the United States.
- Marginal Line was the 320 km line of fortification built by France along its border with Germany before World War II, to protect its boundary from German attack.
- Mannerheim Line is the line of fortification on the Russia-Finland border. Drawn up by General Mannerheim.
- Macmahon Line was drawn up by Sir. Henry MacMahon, demarcating the frontier of India and China. China did not recognize the MacMahon line and crossed it in 1962.
- Medicine Line is the border between Canada and the United States.
- Order-neisse Line is the border between Poland and Germany, running along the Order and Beisse rivers, adopted at the poland Conference (August 1945) after World War II.
- Radcliffe Line was drawn up by Sir Cyril Radcliffe, demarcating the boundary between India and Pakistan.
- Siegfried Line is the line of fortification drawn up by Germany on its border with France.
- 17th Parallel defined the boundary between North Vietnam and South Vietnam before the two were united.
- 24th Parallel is the line which Pakistan claims for demarcation between India and Pakistan. This, however, is not recognized by India.
- 26th Parallel south is a circle of latitude which croses through Africa, Australia and South America.
- 30TH PARALLEL north is a line of latitude that stands one-third of the way between the equator and the North Pole.
- 33rd Parallel north is a circle of latitude which cuts through the southern United States, parts of North Africa, parts of the Middle East, and China.
- 35th Parallel north forms the boundary between the State of North Carolina and the State of Georgia and the boundary between the State of Tennessee arid the State of Georgia the State of Alabama, and the State of Mississippi.
- 36030’ Parallel north forms the boundary between the Tennessee and Commonwealth of Kentucky between the Tennessee River and the Mississippi River, the boundary between Missouri and Arkansas west of the White River, and the northernmost boundary between the Texas and the Oklahoma.
- 37th Parallel north formed the southern boundary of the historic and extralegal Territory of Jefferson.
- 38th Parallel is the parallel of latitude which separates North Korea and South Korea.
- 39th Parallel north is an imaginary circle of latitude that is 39 degrees north of the Earth’s equatorial plane.
- 40th Parallel north formed the original northern boundary of the British Colony of Maryland.
- 41th Parallel north forms the northern boundary of the State of Colorado with Nebraska and Wyoming and the southern boundary of the State of Wyoming with Colorado and Utah.
- 42nd Parallel north forms most of the New York – Pennsylania Border.
- 43rd Parallel north forms most of the boundary between the State of Nebraska and the State of South Dakota and also formed the northern border of the historic and extralegal Territory of Jefferson.
- The Parallel 440 north is an imaginary circle of latitude that is 44 degrees north of the Earth’s equatorial plane.
- 45th Parallel north is often called the halfway point between the Equator and the North Pole.
- The 45th parallel makes up most of the boundary between Montana and Wyoming.
- 45th parallel of south latitude is the east-west line that marks the theoretical halfway point between the equator and the South Pole.
- 49th Parallel is the boundary between USA and Canada.