Things to know while Applying for IBPS PO 2017 – Common FAQ PART II
Things to know while Applying for IBPS PO 2017 – Common FAQ PART II
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirant,
This year’s most anticipated exam is out of the box and it’s going to be a great journey from here with the preparations and the strategies. Even the dates for the exams has been out and we have come up with an article regarding things to know while applying for IBPS PO 2017. We have made this into two parts for the convenience and we have added many questions which the aspirants have asked in the previous IBPS RRB Exams.
This is the right chance to grab a spot in the desired post if you haven’t made into the interview list of the SBI PO 2017. As always, the competition will be higher, so you have to devise your strategy in such a way to easily crack the exams. We have been reiterating that there may be changes in the IBPS Exams due to the difficult level of questions asked in the SBI PO 2017 exams. That has become a reality now, So make your preparations still more sharp and learn all the topics so that even if the questions are more difficult, you can easily crack the exam with your strategy.
As said, here is the update for the previous post and here in this post the unanswered questions in the Part I will be answered. We hope this will solve all the queries regarding the application part of the IBPS PO 2017.
- When can the candidates expect the results of the IBPS PO preliminary exams and mains examination?
The candidates can expect the results of the IBPS PO preliminary examination in the month of October and the results of the IBPS PO mains examination in the month of December.
- I am a Final Year studying candidate, Can I apply for the IBPS PO 2017?
Unfortunately, No. IBPS have mentioned it clearly in its website that the candidate must possess valid mark sheet / Degree Certificate on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in graduation while registering online. Also note that, All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 05.09.2017.
Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 05.09.2017 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
- Is there any penalty for the wrong answers marked by the candidates?
Yes, there will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the preliminary and mains examination. 1/4th / 0.25 of the marks assigned to a particular question will be deducted as penalty.
On the contrary if a question is left blank, I.e. No answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that particular question.
- What is the weightage of the CWE (Main exam) and interview of the IBPS PO?
The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively. A candidate should qualify both in the CWE (Main) and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process
- What are the pre -requisites for applying for IBPS PO 2017?
The Pre -Requisites for applying for IBPS PO 2017 for the candidates are
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
- Should have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
- How can I check the status of my registration for the IBPS PO 2017?
- If the candidate’s registration is successful he/she has to take print out of the application form with the help of registration no. and password.
- If candidate’s registration/payment is not successful; Payment gateway is expected to refund the amount in due course, if any. Kindly login again and make payment.
- I have been alloted an Exam center which is different from my selection, what should I do?
Sometimes, it is impossible to accommodate candidates in the most preferred centers. So IBPS allots a different examination center apart from the preferred centers. IBPS decision is final in deciding the exam center and it cannot be changed at any time.
- Is the test Bilingual?
Except the English section and the Descriptive section, all the other sections in the IBPS PO preliminary and mains examination will be in bilingual.
The questions will be in both English as well as in Hindi, except for the above said two sections.
- Is there a minimum cutoff for the preliminary and the mains examination in the IBPS PO 2017?
Yes, if a candidate has to clear the examination they have to score a particular mark(cutoff) which is announced by the IBPS after the exams. Also, a candidate has to score the minimum cutoff marks in each section (which is the sectional cutoff).
- Will IBPS provide answer sheet copy/ Question paper /Right Answer key of the IBPS PO 2017?
IBPS will not provide the answer sheet copy/Question paper/Right Answer key of the IBPS PO 2017 as per its policy.
IBPS PO 2017 should be applied in the official IBPS Site and we have already update the same in another article in detail. You can check the same in the below link.
We have been posting Quizzes regularly on different topics in the Planned IBPS PO 2017 Planner in the website. So, if you haven’t looked at that, please click the below link to solve more topics from different sections which are in the same standard as asked in the previous SBI PO 2017 Exams. Since the exam pattern for this year IBPS PO too has been changed to the pattern of SBI PO 2017 (We have been urging the aspirants to prepare for the IBPS PO exams on the basis of SBI PO 2017 and our planner is based on that pattern too with same level of difficulty). So your preparation has to be devised in such a way that even in a worse situation, your preparations should help you to crack the exams.
To check the official notification of the IBPS PO, please click the link below to view it. We will also be assisting the aspirants with the basic FAQ’s they will get while applying for the IBPS postings in a separate post in a short while.
If you wish to know the Perks of being an IBPS PO and the Salary , Emoluments , Allowances and Career Progression, please click below to read it.
To view the changes in the patterns of the the IBPS PO CWE PO/MT – VII , please click the below link to know the changes regarding the changes.