Things to consider while preparing for IBPS RRB Prelims
Things to consider while preparing for IBPS RRB Prelims
IBPS RRB is around the corner and we hope you have started the preparations to ace the exam to grab a spot in the final list. To ace the exam one should definitely find a strategy to crack the questions in manner to attempt maximum number of questions. You may even have encountered a question now , Why should I attend maximum questions to clear the exam ? Will I not clear the exam , if I clear the required cutoff ?
You would get umpteen number of questions during your preparations, so we thought of clarifying those unique doubts that you get during your preparations. IBPS RRB exam pattern is entirely different from the other exams for the preliminary examinations. Yes , you heard that right, entirely different. You have only Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability sections alone for the preliminary exams. Since the Local language is necessary for the efficient work of an officer in rural branches, English is not included in the Preliminary section. If you wish to know the perks of being an RRB Scale I officer and their emoluments, Click the below link to read.
The things you should know while preparing for IBPS RRB Prelims 2017
- The exam as said before is entirely different from the other IBPS exam and the prelims exam have 80 questions including both Quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability and it should be completed within a composite time of 45 minutes.
- Quantitative aptitude consists of 40 questions and reasoning ability consists of 40 minutes. Since you have to complete both the sections within 45 minutes , speed is necessary and you have to solve maximum questions to clear the cutoff.
- If you are a aspirant who feels English is very difficult to crack , then this exam is your Saviour, because you don’t have English section in the preliminary exam. But the mains exam have a different pattern which consists of English Section along with current affairs (general awareness) and computer section.
- Since English is not there, the chances of competition is high because many candidates feel it as the difficult section to crack in other exams which have the English section.
- So what should one do to crack IBPS RRB 2017 Scale I officers preliminary examination. An aspirant has to obtain the speed to solve more problems in the exam , as said what is the reason behind this ? Yes there is a reason.
- To explain the above the point , an aspirant should have a sound knowledge on the previous year’s preliminary examination. In the IBPS RRB 2016 Scale I officers preliminary examination , the questions asked in both the sections were in the easier level and many candidates were able to solve above 60 questions.
TOPICS WHICH WERE ASKED IN IBPS RRB 2016 in REASONING
- Syllogism – 5Q
- Inequalities – 5Q
- Directions & Distances – 3Q
- Blood Relations – 2Q
- Puzzle (Ordering & Ranking) – 5Q
- Puzzle (Double Line Up) – 5Q
- Seating Arrangement (Linear) – 5Q
- Seating Arrangement (Circular) – 5Q
- Alphabet Series – 2Q
- Miscellaneous – 3Q
Mostly the questions asked in this section was in the easier level and only the seating arrangement was in the moderate level. Since the questions were in the easier range , many have attempted above 30. Remember time management is very important here and the total composite time is 45 minutes. So a candidate cannot afford to spend more time in one section.
If you are a aspirant who is strong in reasoning section , allot a time frame of 20 minutes to finish this section. If you find it hard give a +5 minutes , so that you could lessen the time frame of quantitative aptitude section. The Seating arrangement is a time consuming one , so attend these questions at a later time.
TOPICS WHICH WERE ASKED IN IBPS RRB 2016 in QUANTS SECTION
Simplification – 5Q
Number Series – 5Q
Quadratic Equations – 5Q
Data Interpretation(Line/Table Graph) – 5Q
Data Interpretation(Bar Graph) – 5Q
Data Interpretation(Pie Chart) – 5Q
Miscellaneous – 10Q
Even in this section , the questions asked were in the easier level. So candidates have attended many questions and do remember the time frame to attend 40 questions is less and one has to find a way to crack this section in a efficient way. This pattern is same and the only change is there is 40 questions instead of the traditional 35 questions in this section.
The best strategy to crack this section is concentrate more in the easier sections and do attend miscellaneous questions because that would give you an edge over others in the exam. Data Interpretation questions were also easy and if you think you can attend all the questions, then you are going for a wrong strategy. You should attend maximum questions and not all the questions. Efficiency of attending many questions within a time frame of 45 minutes is really challenging.
TIPS TO CRACK OVERALL CUTOFF MARKS IN IBPS RRB Scale I officer
- Try to solve many questions within your own time frame, since there is no individual split timing for both the section , you should have your own time split for both the sections.
- Attend the questions carefully , you are not required to solve all the questions , but to solve many questions. So be choosy in the questions which you will be able to solve quicker and could fetch you marks.
- Always keep seating arrangement as your last topic in the reasoning section , because this section is always hard to crack( hard but crackable) and time consuming and if you have your timing wrong this will disturb your speed of solving the exam.
- In last year RRB Scale I officer exam , the cutoff was high because the questions were easier except one or two topics. So a easier way to crack the exam would be to attend maximum number of questions with a great accuracy.
- Since English is not a section in this exam , as said the competition will also be high and also the place of posting will be within the state in which you apply is major reason many candidates attend this exam.
- Try to solve miscellaneous questions in the Quantitative section and it will give you an edge over others in the cutoff. Also in the recent exams , miscellaneous questions grabbed a major share in the DI section. So if you are a aspirant who ignore miscellaneous questions in the past exams , your strategy has become an outdated one.
- In the recent exams , the cutoff is maximum and one can expect the same in the upcoming IBPS RRB Scale I prelims exam too. The cutoff marks for last years’ exam is also high, So always be prepared for the worst , so that you could sail away if the cutoff is too high.
- The first and foremost thing an aspirant should know is , be strong in the basics. The recent SBI exams have showed the necessity of knowing the basics. So refresh all the topics in quants section and if you find difficulty in some sections , try to learn using the shortcut method instead of the conventional method.
- Try to attend mock tests before the exams. Also do give maximum tests daily because this will ensure your decision on spiting the time frame for each section in the exam. It will take time to get accustomed to this pattern of exam because this require you to solve it in record time. So be fast in solving the problems.
We have also introduced a new LEARN SERIES to help your preparations for the exam. We are sure that it will be useful for your preparations and not only that , we also provide tips, tricks and shortcuts for every topic so that you could also learn them along with the conventional method. If you haven’t had a look at that , please click the below link to learn more.
Also since IBPS RRB Scale I and Office Assistants are near , you should solve daily tests to get an edge over others. If you wish to solve more problems based on the IBPS Pattern , we do have provided a mock test based on this pattern. Click the below link to test your efficiency in that exam.
Other IBPS RRB Related Articles :