Current Affairs Weekly One liners : April 14-21 – 3rd Week
Current Affairs Weekly One liners :
April 14-21 – 3rd Week
CA APR 14
- The Supreme Court directed the Centre and CBSE to include Urdu in the (NEET) from the academic session 2018-19.
- The SAARC Disaster Management Centre (SDMC), Delhi was shifted to Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management (GIDM) after Pakistan’s approval.
- PM Narendra Modi paid tributes to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on his 126th birth anniversary at Deekshabhoomi in Nagpur.
- India and France reaffirmed their commitment in strengthening their cooperation in the field of railways
- The military exercise named ‘Sagarmatha Friendship-2017’ will also focus on common interests like disaster management between Nepal and China.
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) signed a MoU with the French civil aviation authority DGAC to further strengthen technical cooperation
BANKING & BUSINESS
- Department of Posts and SBI joins to promote SBI buddy e-wallet and POS machines for cashless transactions at Post Office counters
- Cisco launched its fifth global cyber range lab in Gurugram with an aim to train Indian firms and government agencies on real-world cyber attacks.
- TAL Manufacturing Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Motors, has launched a Made-in-India robot catering primarily to MSME Industries Amazon
- India has secured a licence to operate pre-paid payment instrument (PPI) or mobile wallet in India.
- The Department of Post has allotted the pin code to the Central Processing Centre (CPC) to ensure safety of letters and mail sent by taxpayers and assesses
- Former Bihar Minister Narsingh Baitha in Congress government headed by Daroga Prasad Rai and Jagannath Mishra died in Patna.
- Girish Chandra Saxena, former Governor of J&K and former Director of India’s, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) has passed away
CA APR 15
- The Uttar Pradesh government and the Centre entered into an agreement which promises to ‘Power for All’ pact
- PM Narendra Modi launches BHIM-Aadhaar platform to push Digital Payments
- Bandaru Dattatreya. He inaugurated the Aadhaar seeding application on the Central Board of Employees Provident Fund (CBEPF/EPFO) in New Delhi
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launches ‘Operation Durga’ campaign aimed at ensuring safety of women in Haryana.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- New Development Bank (NDB), set up by the BRICS countries plans to issue bonds in the Indian rupee and Chinese Yuan
- Income Tax Department Launches ‘Operation Clean Money’-II, To Probe 60,000 People:
- The income-tax department has identified more than 60,000 persons under the second phase of Operation Clean Money
- World’s largest coal miner CIL will diversify into coal to chemical business and is planning to set up a coal-based methanol plant in West Bengal.
- Dr. Mukulita Vijayawargiya took charge as Whole Time Member, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) in New Delhi.
- Sixteen-time World Champion Snooker Pankaj Advani won his sixth Asian billiards title, defeating Sourav Kothari in an entertaining final.
Eminent sculptor S. Nandagopal recipient of the National Award, Lalit Kala Academy passes away.
CA APR 16
Madhya Pradesh signs power purchase agreement with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to supply 24% of Rewa ultra mega solar project
India took its first step by calling off upcoming maritime security dialogues with Pakistan. which scheduled to visit New Delhi on April 16 to 19.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- The recent listing of Avenue Super marts named D-Mart stores CEO Ignatius Navil Noronha as the richest professional CEO in the country
- NALCO is planning an expansion in production capacity by one million tonnes per annum at Angul with an investment of Rs.20000 crore
Trupti Jain won this year’s prestigious ‘Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards’ for providing women working on farms with water management solutions
Sai Praneeth upstaged compatriot Kidambi Srikanth to clinch the Singapore Open men’s singles badminton title.
- Robert Taylor, created the Arpanet, the forerunner of the internet, died
- World’s oldest person Emma Morano dies at 117
CA APR 17
- The Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA), under the Ministry of Human Resource Development will launch its own portal and mobile app.
- Visakhapatnam and Araku’s Vistadome coach was inaugurated by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. Glass roof, LED lights and GPS-based info system were setup.
- The 164th anniversary of the first train, which ran between Mumbai and Thane, organised by a Passengers Association – Railway Pravasi Sanghatana.
Nepalese President Bidya Devi Bhandari will arrive in India on a five-day visit and she will meet the senior leaders besides visiting temples in Gujarat and Odisha.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- India’s GDP is expected to spike to 7.2% from 6.8% the previous fiscal, according to a new World Bank report titled “Globalization Backlash”.
- Over 50 Indians, including gymnast Dipa Karmakar, Olympic medallist Sakshi Malik and actress Alia Bhatt, are among Forbes’ list
- Saudi Arabia’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal remains at the top of the Arab world’s richest list with an estimated net worth of USD 18.7 billion.
- Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) signed a MoU with Paradip Port Trust and IOCL for transporting imported crude oil from Paradip port to Numaligarh in Assam.
- BHEL has commissioned two units of 270 mega watt (MW) at Rattan India Nasik Power Sinnar in Nasik district of Maharashtra.
Assam Badminton Association president Himanta Biswa Sarma has emerged as frontrunner of Badminton Association of India (BAI) president
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
2017 March was the second warmest in 137 years of modern record-keeping, according to a monthly analysis of global temperatures by NASA.
Sebastian Vettel moved into world championship when he claimed a well-judged victory for Ferrari in the Bahrain Grand Prix
April 17 -World Hemophilia Day, the theme is “Hear Their Voices”.
CA APR 18
PM Narendra Modi dedicated the Phase – I of Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana in Bostad district of Gujarat.
- China is set to launch its first cargo spacecraft between April 20 and 24, from Hainan province.
- Canadian Defence Minister Harjit Singh Sajjan visits India to strengthen bilateral defence cooperation, and expand partnership in defence sectors.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- On the occasion of its 123rd Foundation Day, Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched three new products for its customers.
- Philippines’ president Rodrigo Duterte has won Time Magazine’s Readers’ Poll of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Former Indian National Rally Champion Amanpreet Ahulawalia emerged as the undisputed “King of Mountains”
April 18 – World Heritage Day Observed On 18th April. The theme of 2017 is “Cultural Heritage & Sustainable Tourism”.
Devineni, former A.P. Minister and TDP leader a five-time MLA from the Kankipadu constituency in Krishna district passed away.
CA APR 19
- The Rajasthan government and HPCL signed a fresh MoU for setting up a 9 MMT refinery-cum petrochemical-complex at Pachpadra in Barmer district.
- The CBSE and Kendriya Vidyalyas (KVs) may have to compulsorily study Hindi till Class X.
- The Agra airport named after Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya and Gorakhpur Air Force station, named after Mahayogi Gorakhnath.
- A campus of the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) and Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) will be set up in Arunachal Pradesh
Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster of U.S and Prime Minister Narendra Modi discussed on the security situation including Afghanistan, West Asia
BUSINESS & BANKING
- IMF revises India’s economic growth will be 6.8 per cent in 2016-17 against the official advance estimates of 7.1 per cent due to demonetization.
- India has ranked 8th in 2017 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index.
- Weak state-run banks like Indian Overseas Bank, IDBI Bank, Bank of India and Union Bank of India are in for regulatory action of Prompt Corrective Action (PCA).
- ISRO signs a MoU with BHEL to develop low-cost lithium ion batteries part of India’s plan to promote low-cost electric vehicles
Gayatri Pullela, won both the singles and doubles crown at the Pembangunan Jaya Raya Junior Grand Prix in Jakarta.
CA APR 20
- PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate UN Vesak Day in Colombo on May 12 holds bilateral meetings with the Sri Lankan leadership.
- Negotiations on the stalled Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar (BCIM) economic corridor are set to resume in end of April in Kolkata.
- PM Narendra Modi would launch regional connectivity scheme ‘UDAN’ on April 27 from Shimla Airport at Jubbarhatti
China Renames Six Areas In Arunachal on Dalai Lama’s visit. China has reinforced its claims on the State by naming six places
BANKING & BUSINESS
National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) and Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL) signed an MoU to tap tungsten mineral assets in India
- The English translation of writer Perumal Murugan’s novel Mathorubhagan (One Part Woman) Aniruddhan Vasudevan has won the Sahitya Akademi’s award
- Nizamabad Market Committee is selected for Prime Minister Award, for Introducing e-National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) programme.
- The Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd (GNFC) won the prestigious Golden Peacock Award for Innovative Product/Service
Competitive video games will become a medal sport for the first time ever at the 2022 Asian Games. They will appear as a demonstration event at the 2018 edition.
CA APR 21
- 167 Students of Camford International School in Coimbatore used 2.35 lakh disposable cups to make APJ Abdul Kalam image sets a Guinness record.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari laid foundation stone of four state highway projects. at a cost of Rs 1247 crore.
- PM Narendra Modi will honour bureaucrats for Excellence in Public Administration on the occasion of Civil Services Day.
- The Finance Ministry has approved 8.65 per cent interest rate on Employees Provident Fund (EPF) for 2016-17.
Nepal President Bidhya Devi Bhandari, attended a women’s empowerment programme at Mission Shakti Bhavan and offered prayers at Lord Lingaraj temple.
BANKING & BUSINESS
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) signed agreements with three Singapore universities to provide training opportunities to students.
International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal met UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres discussed to the promote Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The first tranche of sovereign gold bonds will be Rs.50 per gram less for this fiscal will open for subscription on April 24 and close on April 28.
Tata Power has signed an Distribution Franchise Agreement with Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd for electricity distribution in Ajmer for 20 years.
Nonagenarian gynaecologist Bhakti Yadav (91) of Indore was presented the Padma Shri award at her residence by the district administration.
Aditi Ashok was named the Outstanding Achiever as a Player at the second Golf Industry Association awards. While veteran Ali Sher was lauded for an Outstanding Playing Career,
Bangalore-based Sagar Baheti has become the first visually impaired Indian runner to complete the historic Boston Marathon.
Former Olympic high jumper Germaine Mason, who won silver for Britain at the 2008 Beijing Games, died in a motorbike crash in Jamaica.