CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: April 1– April 7
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: April 1– April 7
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The SBI Clerk exam, LIC and Bank of Baroda Po is coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the April 1st week 2018.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 1st week of April and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from April 1- April 7 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming exam like , SBI Clerk exam and Bank of Baroda Po which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of April 1- April 7 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- The West Bengal government has introduced a new scheme, “Rupashree”.
- Union Power Minister R.K. Singh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivender Singh Rawat laid the foundation stone of Public Sector Company SJVNL’s Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project.
- The Nationwide electronic or e-way bill system for inter-state movement of goods has been started. Karnataka is the only State which has implemented the e-way bill system for moving goods within the State. The State has been using the e-way bill platform since September last year for intra-state movement of goods.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) today said it has awarded projects worth Rs 1,22,000 crore for constructing about 7,400 km of highways in the fiscal 2017-18.In Financial Year 2017-18, NHAI has awarded 150 road projects of 7,400 kilometre worth Rs 1,22,000 crore.
- Kadaknath, a black-feathered chicken breed popular for its flavoured meat, has won the Geographical Indications (GI) tag.
- Asia’s largest startup ecosystem congregation, Huddle Kerala, will be held at Kovalam.
- India is now the second largest mobile phone producer in the world after China. India replaced Vietnam to become second largest producer of mobile phones in 2017.
- India has been ranked 37th in the global startup ecosystem in 2017, according to a report released by global startup ecosystem map Startupblink.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation has lost contact with the GSAT-6A in less than 48 hours after it has been launched.
- As per the index, Reliance Industries (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani is the richest person in India and third richest in Asia with a net worth of $38 billion.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will pay a three-day visit to Azerbaijan during which she will attend a meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) and hold talks with top leadership of that country.
- Human Resources Minister Prakash Javadekar has released INDIA RANKINGS 2018 for Higher Educational Institutions under the National Institutional Ranking Framework, NIRF.
- In line with the Digital India Initiative, the government has developed three online portals to make it easier to export farm products from India and reduce transaction costs.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Protection of Human Rights (Amendments) Bill, 2018, aimed at protection and promotion of human rights in India.
- The Mother’s Absolute Affection (MAA) programme was launched in Himachal Pradesh with an aim to promote breastfeeding.
- India emerged as the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats, such as malware, spam and ransomware, in 2017.In 2017, 5.09% of global threats detected were in India.
- The global logistics summit was heldin New Delhi. It was organized by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, along with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and the World Bank Group.
- The Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise‘SAHYOG- HYEOBLYEOG 2018’ was conducted off the Chennai coast. The Korean Coast Guard ship ‘BADARO’ took part in the exercise.
- The Union Minister for Railways and Coal Shri Piyush Goyalhas launched UTTAM App for Coal Quality Monitoring.UTTAM stands for – Unlocking Transparency by Third Party Assessment of Mined Coal (uttam.coalindia.in).
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Uttarakhand’s second Mega Food Park at Udham Singh Nagar.
- The Government of India, Government of Maharashtra and the World Bank has signed a US$ 420 million project. It aims to help Small and Marginal farmers in the Marathwada and Vidarbha regions of Maharashtra.
- The United States and South Korea began their joint military training exercises as diplomatic relations have been thawing on the Korean Peninsula.
- The Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has been re-elected with 97 percent of votes. The opponent in the election was Al Ghad party leader Mousa Mostafa Mousa.
- New Delhi will host the strategically important trilateral dialogue between India, Japan and the US. It came a two weeks ahead of the summit between US President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Florida.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin launched the construction of Turkey’s first nuclear power plant.
- A supersonic parachute that will help NASA missions to land on Mars, was successfully launched into the sky.The Advanced Supersonic Parachute Inflation Research Experiment (ASPIRE) was launched from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in the US.
- Sri Lanka’s Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe defeated a no-confidence motion in parliament.
- Nepal’s new Prime Minister P. Sharma Oli is on the first foreign visit of his latest term to India.
- India has overtaken Japan to become the world’s second largest producer of crude steelin February, according to the Steel Users Federation of India (SUFI).
- Qataris introducing national service for women for the first time.
- Government of theRepublic of Azerbaijan and the Government of the Republic of India have signed two agreements.
- The presidents of Russia, Turkey and Iranhave vowed to secure the territorial integrity of Syria during a trilateral summit in Ankara.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is going to conduct its biggest ever combat exercise along Pakistan and China borders. The composite exercise is named Gagan Shakti.
BANKING AND BUSINESS
- SIDBI celebrated its foundation day as day of Sampark (connect), Sanwad (interaction), Suraksha (security) and Sampreshan (disseminate).
- The ride-hailing major Ola has acquired end-to-end public transport ticketing app Ridlr in an all-stock deal at an undisclosed valuation. It aims for integrating its own services with mass transit infrastructure that exists in cities.
- The Reserve Bank of India has changed the methodology used by debt market players, including banks and primary dealers, for their valuation.
- A Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) was signed between the Indian Army and HDFC Bank on the Defence Salary Package. The current MoU is tailor made to suit the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) entered into 14 Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (UAPA) and 2 Bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (BAPA).
- Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp has agreed to launch a $930 million Indian joint solar energy venture with Chinese firm GCL System Integration Technology Co as part of its India solar investment roadmap.
- Jio Payments Bank Limited has commenced operations as a payments bank with effect from April 3, 2018. It is a joint venture of Reliance Jio and SBI.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) kept interest rates unchanged and the central bank forecast economic growth in the current year at 7.4 per cent. Liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 6.0%.
- Qatar-based Doha Bank has set up the first branch in the city taking the total number of branches in the country to three. Doha Bankis the largest private commercial bank in the State of Qatar. Doha Bank currently has a branch in Mumbai, Kochi and Chennai,
- The Online travel portal MakeMyTrip has formed a partnership with Flipkart to allow customers to bookdomestic flight tickets and other travel services directly through the e-commerce firm’s portal.
- Digital payments companyPayPal and exporters’ body the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) have tied up to promote exports, leveraging the technology platform.
- The Reserve Bank of India has revised the limits on investment in debt instruments by foreign portfolio investors (FPI).
- The Global financial messaging cooperative SWIFT announced that ICICI Bank has become its first Indian client to go live with an improved cross-border payments service. The cross-border payments service refers to the gpi (Global Payment Innovation) Tracker.
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for the post of||Replaces|
|Debjani Ghosh||is the new president of Nasscom||R.Chandrashekhar|
|A Senior bureaucrat Chandra Bhushan Kumar||has been appointed as Deputy Election Commissioner||——|
|Sanjeev Nautiyal||has appointed As New MD & CEO of SBI Life Insurance||Arijit Basu|
|Julius Maada Bio
|Elected Sierra Leone President||——-|
|Himanta Biswa Sarma
|elected as the Badminton Association of India (BAI)||——-|
|Shri Subrata Bhattacharjee||has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Serbia||——–|
AWARDS AND HONOR
- The Lyricist and director Sreekumaran Thampi has been selected for the J.C. Daniel Award. It is the Kerala government’s highest honour for lifetime contribution to Malayalam cinema.
- The Padma awards list comprises three Padma Vibhushan, nine Padma Bhushan and 72 Padma Shri awards.Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, billiards champion Pankaj Advani, eminent painter Laxman Pai, Singer Sharda Sinha were given Padma Bhusan.
- A team of evolutionary biologists from city-based National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) have been awarded the 2018 Presidential Award from the American Society of Naturalists (ASN).This is the first time researchers in Asia have been presented with the award.
- Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj was adjudged ‘Sportsperson of the Year’. Ace shuttlers Kidambi Srikanth and PV Sindhu bagged the best senior male and female athletes at the Telangana Sports Journalists Association annual awards for 2017.
- World champion Flora Duffy of Bermuda stormed to victory in the women’s triathlon to win the first gold medal of the 21st Commonwealth Game.
- Miami Open 2018was the 34th edition of the Miami Open, which was held at Florida, United States.
- Kerala has lifted their sixth Santosh Trophy Football title. The final match held at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata.Kerala defeated West Bengal to clinch the title.
- India’s Ankita Raina and Ramkumar Ramanathan have achieved their career-best tennis rankings in Singles.
- Sanjita Chanu won gold in the women’s 53 kg weightlifting event.There was a bronze for India in the men’s 69kg, with 18-year-old Deepak Lather becoming the youngest Indian to win a lifting medal at the Games.Manipuri weightlifter Mirabai Chanu had won gold with spectacular record breaking attempts in the women’s 48 kg.
- Sathish Kumar Sivalingam won the third gold medal for India in weightlifting.
- Indian skipper, Mithali Raj marked her name in record books after becoming the most capped player in women’s ODI cricket.
- The Tamil film director C.V. Rajendran, who was part of late C.V. Sridhar’s unit passed away. He directed a few memorable films like Kalatta Kalyanam, Sumathi En Sundari and Raja starring Sivaji Ganesan and Jayalalithaa and Ponoonjal.
- Efraín Ríos Montt, a former military dictator of Guatemala has passed away.
- Oscar-nominated Japanese animation director Isao Takahata has passed away.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|2||World Autism Awareness Day||“Empowering Women and Girls with Autism”|
|2||International Children’s Book Day
|Let us Growth with the Book|
|5||National Maritime Day||Indian Shipping – An Ocean of opportunity”|
|4||International Mine Awareness Day||“Advancing Protection, Peace and Development|
|7||World Health Day
|“Health for All”|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of March from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of February from the links given below and you can download the same too.