CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: March 8– March 14
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: March 8– March 14
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The SBI Clerk exam and Bank of Baroda Po is coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 2nd Week of ,March 2018.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 2nd week of March and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from March 8- March 14 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming exam like , SBI Clerk exam and Bank of Baroda Po which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of March 8–March 14 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, in association with the Government of Uttar Pradesh, is organizing a Women’s Convention called Swachh Shakti 2018, on International Women’s Day, this year, Uttar Pradesh will be hosting Swachh Shakti 2018 as the largest State in the country, with a massive rural populace.
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari has launched the scheme for District Driving Training Centres in New Delhi, he said that the process of approving such driving licenses will be made fully computerised.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to release an additional instalment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners representing an increase of 2% over the existing rate of 5% of the Basic Pay/Pension, to compensate for price rise.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill, 2018 for introduction in the Parliament.
- The fourth India-Europe 29 Business Forum (IE29BF) took place in New Delhi. The theme of IE29BF 2018 was ‘Synergising Economic Vision for Expanded Relations’.
- Forty participants of Indian Origin from nine countries met called upon the Union Minister of Railways and Coal Piyush Goyal, as part of ‘The Know India Programmes (KIP) in New Delhi.
- The Union Government has announced a grant of Rs 1,000 crore for the second phase of the Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) India programme.
- The Buddhist Community of Itanagar celebrated the silver jubilee of the Losar Festival at the Nyokum Lapang Ground in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Odisha MSME International Trade Fair, 2018 kick started in the state with a special focus on food processing sector in Bhubaneswar.
- The harnessing of solar energy has made Diu the country’s first energy surplus Union territory and a model for an effective way for people to harness this renewable energy source.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Women’s day announced ‘Mukhyamantri Mahila Kosh’ scheme under which women who aren’t married and are above the age of 50 will be given pension.
- Mumbai ranks 16th among the top 20 costliest cities in the world, showed the Knight Frank Wealth Report 2018.
- AAI participates in World ATM Congress held at IFEMA, Feria de Madrid,spain. Now entering its sixth year, World ATM Congress is the world’s largest international air traffic management (ATM) exhibition and conference attracting thousands of delegates each year.
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, March 8,the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME) launched a portal for women entrepreneursof India: www.udyamsakhi.org.
- To mark the 70th anniversary of Indo-Russia ties, Ministry of External Affairs (Eurasia Division) in collaboration with the International Federation of Indo-Russian Youth Clubs and BRICS International Forum organized an event called “Vision for Future” in New Delhi.
- Delhi Police launches ‘All Women Patrolling Squad’ in south district.The initiative of the squad was conceived with twin objectives.
- The four-day biennial event ‘WINGS INDIA 2018 ‘, jointly organized by Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airport Authority of India and FICCI got underway in Hyderabad.
- The Reserve Bank has slapped a penalty of Rs 40 lakh on SBI for not complying with its directions on detection and impounding of counterfeit notes.
- The Suvidha pads will be available at all Janaushadi centres by May 28, 2018 which is also World Menstrual Hygiene Day.
- The founding conference of the International Solar Alliance will be held at the Rashtrapati Bhawan Cultural Center in New Delhi .
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Legislators Conference digitally in the central hall of parliament house in New Delhi.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is chairing the 26th meeting of the Goods and Service Tax Council in New Delhi.
- India’s biggest Media & Entertainment Services Market – enTTech 2018 was inaugurated today in Mumbai.
- Cyber Crime Police Stations would be opened at district level across Haryana.
- The Siddaramaiah government unveiled the State flag (nada dhwaja) for Karnataka.
- ACI announced its annual airport service quality (ASQ) awards and Mumbai tied with Delhi for the top position among airports handling over 40 million passengers annually.
- Government of Telangana launched Women Entrepreneurship Hub (WE- Hub) in Hyderabad.
- The first ever multi-nation naval exercise at sea called MILES-18 will begin today. The exercise will be conducted for three days in the Andaman Sea.
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) and the African Development Bank (AfDb), the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), the Green climate fund (GCF), and the New Development Bank (NDB) signed Joint financial partnership Declarations.
- India and Bangladesh will jointly inaugurate a first-of-its-kind “crime-free” stretch of 8.3 kms along the international border in West Bengal.
- The government announced that banks will have to collect passport details of customers who seek loans above Rs 50 crore.
- The Centre has constituted Mahanadi Water Dispute Tribunal for adjudication of long standing disputes between Odisha and Chhattisgarh over sharing of Mahanadi river water.
- The government has introduced a economic offenders Bill in the Lok Sabha.The Minister of State for Finance Pratap Shukla introduced the Bill.
- The government has introduced a Bill in the Lok Sabha to amend the Chit Funds Act, 1982.
- The Cabinet secretary P.K. Sinha has launched the “I-Metros”.
- The Union home ministry has sanctioned the launch of the National Academy of Coastal Policing (NACP) from a campus of Gujarat’s Fisheries Research Centre.
- The Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Laboratory (IBSD), Imphal has set up a floating laboratory in northeast India’s largest freshwater lake, Manipur’s Loktak.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates ‘End TB Summit’ in New Delhi.
- The GST Council headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley approved the rollout of inter-state e-Way bill from April 1,deferred the liability to pay tax on reverse charge mechanism until June 30 and extended tax exemption benefits to exporters for another six months.
- Rajasthan Assembly passed The Criminal Laws (Rajasthan Amendment) Bill, 2018 awarding death penalty to convicts involved in the rape of girls below 12 years of age.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a number of schemes for the poor in Varanasi and laid the foundation stone of various development projects worth over Rs. 800 crore in Varanasi.
- The government has decided to award best investigation of crime, for promoting high professional standards among police forces.
- India’s tallest national flag has been unfurled in Belagavi (also known as Belgaum) in Karnataka.
- West Bengal has become the best performing State both in terms of allotting jobs and utilising funds under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- The first Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise of the Indian Air Force in association with South Asian Region nations began at the coast of Kerala.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Cooperation in the field of Renewable Energy between India and Hellenic (Greece).
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of an Agreement between India and France to facilitate Mutual Recognition of educational qualifications and periods of study undertaken by students in duly approved, recognized and/or accredited educational Institutions within the two countries.
- To mark the 70th anniversary of Indo-Russia ties, Ministry of External Affairs (Eurasia Division) in collaboration with the International Federation of Indo-Russian Youth Clubs and BRICS International Forumorganized an event called “Vision for Future” in New Delhi.
- Russia successfully launched a hypersonic missile which President Vladimir Putin called “an ideal weapon”as he unveiled a new array of next-generation arms earlier this month.
- India and France inked key pacts in the strategic areas of security, nuclear energy as well as protection of classified information after extensive talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron.
- China’s Parliament abolished the decades-old two-term limit for the President, allowing Xi Jinping to remain as the country’s leader for life.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron have inaugurated Uttar Pradesh’s biggest solar power plant in Mirzapur district’s Chhanvey block.
- The Govt of India has announced a new Line of Credit of USD 100 million for defence procurement by Mauritius as the two sides signed many agreements on the second day of President Ram Nath Kovinds visit.
- The Maldives Parliament has approved the anti-defection bill.
BANKING AND BUSINESS
- On the eve of International Women’s Day, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has announced a USD 170 million project aimed at advancing women’s economic empowerment in four countries, including in India.
- The World ATM Congress is running 6-8 March at IFEMA in Madrid, and is the World’s Largest International Air Traffic Management (ATM) exhibition and conference. The World ATM Congress combines a broad exhibition area with product demonstrations and launches, contract closures, and networking opportunities.
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) said signed a memorandum of understanding with CSC e-governance Services (CSCeGS) to take Udyami Mitra portal to the unserved and the underserved MSMEs.
- Under 2011 pact, GAIL to buy 5 million tonnes of gas a year from Sabine Pass. India will receive its first LNG import from the U.S. later this month.
- The India-China bilateral trade has reached 84(point)44 billion US dollar last year, an historic high.
- Financial services platform Paytm said its wholly-owned subsidiary, Paytm Money, has received approval of market regulator SEBI to become a registered Investment Advisor.
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) and European Investment Bank (EIB) have inked a 150 million euros loan agreement. It will benefit over 1.1 million households with clean energy.
- The Milk production in the country is increased by 20 percent from 137.7 million tonnes to 165.4 million tonnes between 2014 and 2017.
- ICICI Bank has launched instant overdraft ‘InstaOD’ facility for MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) customers in a completely online and paperless manner.
- The State Bank of India has reduced its charges on non-maintenance of an average monthly balance (AMB) in savings accounts by up to 75%, effective April 1.
- State-run power equipment maker BHEL today said that it has bagged an order worth Rs 736 crore from Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) for the supply of steam generators to a plant at Gorakhpur in Fatehabad district of Haryana.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for the post||Replaces||Resigns|
|Sandeep Bakhshi||chief executive officer ICICI Prudential Life Insurance was re-appointed||——-||——-|
|Vivek R Wadekar||Appointed as the new Special Director in the Enforcement Directorate (ED)||——-||——–|
|Gary Cohn||White House chief economic advisor||——-||resigned|
|Sanjeev Gupta||As UK Skills Ambassador||——-||———|
|Ameenah Gurib-Fakim||Mauritius President||——||resigned|
|Prakriti||First Woman direct-entry combat officer||——||——–|
|Ashok Gajapathi Raju||Union Civil Aviation Minister||——||resigned|
|Y.S. Chowdary||Minister of State for Science and Technology||——-||resigned|
|Virat Kohli||first brand ambassador for tech-based cab aggregator platform Uber (India)||——-||——–|
|Suresh Prabhu||given additional charge of the Civil Aviation Ministry||——-||——–|
|Sitanshu Kar||next head of the Press Information Bureau (PIB)||Frank Noronha||———|
|Bidya Devi Bhandari-Nepal’s first woman President||re-elected for a second term. She became Nepal’s first woman President in 2015.||——–||——–|
AWARDS AND HONORS
- An Indian-origin Harry Athwal a Birmingham man, who risked his life to help a fatally injured young boy in the last year’s Barcelona terror attack, has been selected for this year’s ‘Pride of Birmingham’ award.
- The Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi has been adjudged best in the world by Airports Council International in the ‘Over 40 million passengers annually’ category for year 2017. This category is the largest in terms of passenger traffic and includes the world’s most awarded airports like Changi (Singapore), Incheon and Bangkok airports.
- The Bank of Canada – this year’s Central Bank of the Year – emerged as a beacon of best practice for much of the community, setting the standard for a transparent, operationally independent central bank.
- Balkrishna Doshi has become the first Indian architect to win the Pritzker Prize in its four-decade history.
- India has won the “Best Exhibitor Award ” at ITB.
- Indian shooter Anjum Moudgil clinched a silver medal in the women’s 50m rifle 3 position event at the ongoing ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Ireland beat India 3-2 in the final round robin game of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey at Ipoh, Malaysia.
- Delhi youngster Tejaswin Shankar smashed his own national record to claim the high jump gold as three athletes booked their Commonwealth Games berths on the third and penultimate day of the 22nd Federation Cup Senior National Athletics Championships.
- Australia regained the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup title after overcoming England 2-1 in the final, In the final at Ipoh, Malaysia.
- India’s Akhil Sheoran clinched the gold medal in men’s 50m rifle 3 position. The ISSF World Cup was held at Guadalajara, Mexico.
- India B has won the 45th edition of the Deodhar Trophy 2018 by defeating Karnataka in the finals.
- The Asian champion Navjot Kaur has been ranked world No 2 in the women’s 65 kg category during the latest rankings released by the United World Wrestling.
- Former Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) chairman M K Bhargav died after a prolonged illness in Indore. He was 78.
- Former Maharashtra minister and Senior Congress leader Dr Patangrao Kadam, passed away due to prolonged illness at a Mumbai hospital tonight. He was 72.
- The World famous British scientist Stephen Hawking, modern cosmology’s brightest star known for his groundbreaking work with black holes and relativity passed away.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|8||International Women’s Day||Time is Now: Rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives”|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of March from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of February from the links given below and you can download the same too.