Current Affairs Weekly One Liners : November 21 – November 27
Current Affairs Weekly One Liners : November 21 – November 27
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirant,
The Prelims Exam of various exams are almost over and the mains examination are going to take over the exam scenario soon. So you will be in need of current affairs and the one liners for your preparations and we are providing the current affairs in a daily basis and we are also providing the recent happenings in a short one which will help you to ace the exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from November 21 – November 27 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming RBI Assistant Mains Examination 2017 & IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2017 which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of November 21 – November 27 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is all set to a complete one crore new houses by 31st March 2019 that aims to bring social transformation in rural areas.
- According to World Economy forum (WEF) report, Indian Prime Minister Modi ranked Third Position in the most trusted government of the world and heads one of the most trusted governments in the world. Switzerland and Indonesia holds the first and second Spot.
- Butterfly & Biodiversity meet organized in Arunachal Pradesh. It was organized on by the State Foundation for Biodiversity Conservation, an NGO, in collaboration with the environment and forest department and the East Siang Homestay and Tourism Association.
- The Indian Union Government gets a $100 Million Loan from the World Bank out of which $98 Million for aIBRD/CTF Loan and $2 Million for Shared Infrastructure.
- The deal to get $500 Million worth Spike ATGM from Israel was cancelled by the Indian Government as the DRDO is aiming to make it.
- Nagaland, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra & Nagar Haveli & Daman & Diu sign MoU join UDAY Scheme and in the last two years 27states and 4 Union Territories have joined. The scheme.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the Manipur Sangai Festival at Palace Compound in Imphal .
- Mumbai-based pilot Amol Yadavdeveloped an indigenous aircraft. This is the first aircraft manufactured in India.
- Swiss Govt signedAutomatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) pact with India and also with 40 other countries. It will enable authorities in India to get instant access to details of Indians with Swiss accounts. This pact warns black money hoarders and it will be the effect from next year.
- Maharashtra govt has announced to set up Gender Budget Cells to improve the coordination and implementation of various schemes of Women and Child Welfare Department (WCD) with other departments.
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Naddainaugurated the 1st World Conference on Access to Medical Products and International Laws for Trade and Health which was held at Delhi which was organized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in partnership with Indian Society of International Law and with the support of WHO Country Office for India.
- ‘Blue Revolution’ scheme has been launched with the outlay of 300 crore for the integrated development of the Fisheries sector in the country and to produce 15 Million tonnes of fish by 2020.
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI) launched ‘Manyata’ in Maharashtra.It is a nationwide movement stressing the need for quality care for mothers during and immediately after childbirth.
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) in association with the Indian Institute of Rice Research (IIRR) has come out with an Improved Samba Masuri (ISM) with low Glycemic Index (GI).
- Cabinet committee on economic affairs approved for a new scheme called Mahila Shakthi Kendra for the empowerment of rural women and Rs. 3636 has been allocated to the scheme.
- Brahmos supersonic cruise missile was test fired from Indian Air Force’s (IAF) frontline fighter aircraft Sukhoi-30MKI for the first time. It was launched against a sea-based target in the Bay of Bengal.
- Facebook launched two programmes -Facebook Digital Training and Facebook Startup Training Hubs which are being rolled out in India before any other country.
- India Rice Conclave 2017 was inaugurated by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu in vijayawada. India Rice Conclave 2017 was organised by the Agriculture Department of Andhra Pradesh in association with Indian Chamber of Commerce.
- The Cabinet today approved the setting up of the 15th Finance Commission which will decide the formula for sharing of taxes between the Centre and states for five years starting April 1, 2020. This commission has different tax regime because the goods and services tax (GST) rolled out from July 1,2017.
- Axis Bank in association with Mumbai Police has launched its latest campaign #MuhPeTaala during the International Fraud Awareness Week and it is observed from 12th – 18th November 2017.
- As an initiative to promote the Digital India program, Prime Minister launched an one-in-all app called Umang. Umang-an acronym for “unified mobile app for new-age governance.It currently hosts around 162 services from 33 government departments of central and state governments and the app was developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MIETY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
- Union Government will start ‘safe city’ plan for women in eight metropolitan cities of the country and they are Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkota, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Lucknow, Bengaluru and Hyderabad and this was started on the occasion of steering committee chaired by Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba.
- The Home and Hill Affairs Department of the West Bengal Government has constituted a “Hill Area Development Committee” for Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts headed by Mann Ghising, President of Gorkha national Liberation Front (GNLF).
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) has nominated nine movies for this year’s International Council for Film, Television and Audiovisual Communication (ICFT) UNESCO Gandhi Medal. All 9 films are being screened at the ongoing IFFI in Panaji, Goa.The Award will be given to a film that best reflects Mahatma Gandhi’s ideals of peace, tolerance and non-violence. The Indian films competing for the prestigious ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Medal among nine films are Kshitij – A Horizon, Manusangada, Poorna, Railway Children and Take-Off.
- According to the report of Sheatwork, a knowledge hub for women entrepreneurs, Tamil Nadu has the highest number of women entrepreneurs in India followed by Kerala and West Bengal.
- The government has fixed the issue price of Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) at 2,961 rupees per gram for the next subscription period under Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2017 -18. The government, in consultation with the Reserve Bank, has decided to offer a discount of Rs 50 per gram to investors applying online and making payments digitally.
- The “North East Rural Livelihood Project” supported by “World Bank” is launched by the Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region Dr Jitendra Singh. The objective of the scheme is to assist over 10,000 Self Help Groups (SHGs) and to benefit about three lakh poor households.
- Central Government approved infrastructure projects worth Rs 1 lakh crore in Tamil Naduincluding three elevated corridors for Chennai and bus ports at Madurai, Coimbatore and Salem that will be on par with airports.
- Ministry of Human Resources Development has launched a Digital Signature campaign on Constitution Day affirming faith in Indian Constitution and to generate awareness on fundamental duties enshrined in the Constitution.
- India has asked the United Nations to declare 2018 as the ‘International Year of Millets’ to promote it as nutrition-rich smart food across the world.
- The government has notified Minimum Export Price of onion at 850 dollars per tonne. It is notified to ensure its availability in the domestic market.
- The Reserve bank of India (RBI) allowed Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs)to hold more than 26% post-conversion of debt into equity in companies undergoing restructuring.
- President Ram Nath Kovind cleared an ordinance amending the Indian Forest Act, 1927. The ordinance omits bamboo grown in non-forest areas from the definition of trees, thereby exempting it from requiring permits for felling or transportation.
- According to Central Electricity Authority, Maharashtra stands as the single largest consumer of electricity in India. It is followed by UttarPradesh and Telangana.
- With an aim to boost ‘Skill India’ mission, Google now joined hands with Pluralsight and Udacity for a new scholarship program that will help 130K developers and students from India. It provides necessary skills needed to be successful in the constantly changing technology landscape.
- The Union Cabinetapproved the continuation of the scheme on Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA). It has been extended for another three financial years (FYs 2017-18 to 2019-20). It also provides Grants-in-aid of Rs.18 crore to the Institute.It will make the Institute self-sustainable by the end of FY 2019-20.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for expansion of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao. It is agreed for a Pan India reach covering all the 640 districts (as per census 2011) of the Country to have a deeper positive impact on Child Sex Ratio.
- India and Finland ties up to boost in the areas of trade and investment, renewable energy and science and technology.
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved India’s Membership for European Bank for Reconstruction & Development (EBRD). It would increase the scope of cooperation between India and EBRD through co-financing opportunities in manufacturing, services, Information Technology, and Energy.
- India has conducted a major military exercise in the Andaman and Nicobar Island archipelago and was conducted to fine tune operational drills and synergy among the Army, Navy and Air Force in the region. The abbreviation of DANX is “Defence of A&N Islands Exercise”.
- Jatayu Earth’s Center,a tourist spot is now Open. This Jatayupara Adventure Park is world’s largest bird sculpture, with a length of 200 feet, a width of 150 feet and a height of 70 feet.
- India’s nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) Dalveer Bhandari re-elected to the last seat of the world court,ICJ after Britain’s Christopher Greenwood had decided to withdraw from the election to the 15-membered ICJ.
- India and Myanmar Bilateral Army Exercise (IMBAX) begins at Umroi near Shillong in Meghalaya.The aim of the exercise is to promote closer relations with the armies of the neighbouring countries.
- According to IMD, leading global business school, India has improved its ranking by three notches to 51 globally in the World Talent Ranking in terms of ability to attract, develop and retain talent while Switzerland topped the list.
- According to the Emerging Trends in Real Estate Asia Pacific 2018 report, Mumbai, Bengaluru and New Delhi get high scores in the list of 22 markets in the Asia Pacific Region with the rank of 12,15 and 20 respectively. Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, Shanghai and Ho Chi Minh City topped the list globally.
- According to Forbes, American singer Beyonce has been named the highest-paid woman in music in 2017 by the Forbes and the Top 3 highest paid women in the music industry in this present are Beyonce , Adele and Taylor Swift.
- India and Russia signed the pact to give visa-free entry to the chartered and scheduled flights crew members.
- Tencent becomes the first Chinese company to be valued at more than $500 billion in Asia. Alibaba is Asia’s second-highest-valued firm at $474 billion.
- Latin America and the Caribbean have been reported as the most violent places for women in the world by the United Nations, highlighting Central America and Mexico as particularly dangerous. The Report is launched as part of the “Unite to end violence against women” campaign, which brings together several United Nations Agencies.
- President Shri Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the International Gita Mahotsav at Kurukshetra in Haryana. Mauritiusis participating in Mahotsav as partner country and Uttar Pradesh as partner state.
- FDI increased by 17% to USD 25.35 billion during April-September fiscal. Telecom, trading, computer hardware and software and automobile are the main sectors which attract foreign inflows. The total FDI into India including equity inflows reinvested earnings and other capital stood at USD 518.10 billion during April 2000 to September 2017.
- Mount Agung, a volcano on Bali, sends a thick ash cloud into the sky over the Indonesian island and grounding thousands of travelers.According to the country’s National Disaster Mitigation Agency, it had happened first time in 54 years.
- P. Jindal Global University (JGU) has been ranked among the Top 10 Private education Institutions in India in the QS UNIVERSITY RANKINGS BRICS. It is released by Chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC), Professor (Dr.) V.S. Chauhan.
- The air forces of South Korea and the United States will hold ‘Vigilant Ace’ a joint drill. Six F-22 Raptor stealth fighters will be deployed in the exercise.
- China launched three remote sensing satellites (Jilin-1 04, Jilin 1 05 and Jilin-1 06) from Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in South Western Sichuan Province and it was designed to improve observation capability to promote commercial use for the remote sensing industry
BUSINESS & BANKING
- Messaging app Hike has tied up with Airtel Payments Bank to power its mobile wallet product. Airtel was the first company in India to receive a payments bank license from the Reserve Bank of India.
- Paytm will use Urja Money’s owned CreditMate technology to create a loan management system in collaboration with lending partners. Paytm has bought an undisclosed stake in Urja Money Pvt. Ltd, which evaluates creditworthiness of people seeking loans to buy two-wheelers.
- Samsung India, a subsidiary of the South Korea-based electronics major has partnered with the Uttar Pradesh government to set-up 20 new smart healthcare centres across the state to provide health care equipments.
- Canara Bank celebrated its Founder’s Day by launching several initiatives and benefits for its staff. It includes Canarites app, a digital library, a field recovery mobile app, a retail loan (vehicle) – tracking system, and a regulatory guidance tracking systemwere launched.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) launched “Smart Banking 24X7” e-lobbies, in the Mumbai suburbs of Juhu and Powai.K It is a 24 hour accessible e-Lobbies which gives customers the freedom to complete banking transactions at any hour of the day as per their convenience.
- State Bank of India has launched a unified integrated app called YONO. It offers all kinds of financial and lifestyle products. The abbreviation of YONO is You Need Only One. It is the first digital banking platform which offers customised products to the customer.
- Paytm Payments Bankhas raised 122 crores. It has raised from Paytm’s parent company One97 Communications.This takes the total funds infused into the payments bank to Rs 400 crore.
- Private sector lender Axis Bank has launched an instant international payment services using Ripple’s enterprise blockchain technology solution for retail and corporate customers. The bank is offering the facility only to its retail customers in the country toreceive payments from the UAE-based Rak Bank and for its corporate customers to receive payments from Standard Chartered, Singapore.
- India’s first mission to the sun (ADITYA –L1) , will be launched in 2019 and it will be launched from Sriharikota using the PSLV – XL Launch Vehicle. This was announced by the ISRO Chairman A.S.Kiran Kumar.
|S.NO||AWARD NAME||AWARDED TO||Awarded By|
|1.||45th International Emmy Award for Best Actor||Kenneth Branagh||International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
|2.||45th International Emmy Award for Best Actress||Anna Freil||International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
|3.||Big Little Book Award – “Best Author in Bengali Language”||Nabaneeta Dev Sen (Bengali writer)||Parag initiative of Tata Trusts to promote children’s literature.|
|4.||Nain Singh-Kishen Singh Life Time Achievement Award||Manik Banerjee||Indian Mountaineering Foundation|
|5.||IMF Gold Medal||Lt col RS Jamwal||Indian Mountaineering Foundation|
|6.||Best Actor Award||Rajkummar Rao (For the Movie “NEWTON”)||Asia Pacific Screen Awards|
|7.||Best Screenplay Award||Mayank Tewari and Amit V. Masurkar||Asia Pacific Screen Awards|
|S.No||Name||Appointed as||Previously held by|
|1.||Quarraisha Abdool Karim (South African Indian-origin AIDS researcher Professor)||UNAIDS Special Ambassador for Adolescents and HIV||–|
|2.||Ira Joshi||Director General of Doordarshan News||Veena Jain|
|3.||Emmerson Mnangagwa||President of Zimbabwe||Robert Mugabe|
|4.||Trisha Krishnan||UNICEF celebrity advocate status||–|
|5.||Shubhangi Swaroop||1st Ever Female Pilot in the Indian Navy||–|
|6.||Zahid Hamid||Pakistan’s Law Minister||(Resigned)|
- India’s middle-order batsmanCheteshwar Pujara became third Indian and ninth in overall to bat across five days in a Test match. The record was achieved when India played against Sri Lanka.
- Kohli who holds the Top Ranking in both ODI’s and T20’s Batting Ranking, was ranked 5th in the ICC Test Ranking for Batsman, while Ravindra Jadeja was ranked 3rd in the Bowlers Ranking in Tests.
- International Polo Tournament 2017 begins on the oldest ground Mapal Kangjeibung of Imphal. The participants are from England, USA, Argentina, Morocco.Argentina and Morocco participated for the first time in this international tournament.
- The Indian football team remains at 105th in the latest FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) rankings.In Asia, India is at 15th, ahead of North Korea, Jordan and Bahrain.
- India wrestler Ritu Phogat (48kg) clinched a silver medal in the Under-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship. The event held at Poland.
- The World Youth Women’s Boxing Championship 2017 was inaugurated Md. Ayatullah Hockey Stadium in Bhetapara by Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Basel will become the first city to jointly host the Badminton and Para-Badminton World Championships in 2019, announced by Badminton World Federation (BWF).It was awarded the 2019 edition of the Para event.
- Gopi Thonakal became the 1st Indian to win the Asian Marathon Championship. It is the 16th edition of the event which is held in Dongguan, China. He finished the marathon with a time 2 hours 15 minutes and 48 seconds.It is organized by the Asian Athletics Association.
- Indian clinched five gold medals at World Youth Women Boxing Championship which is being held in N.C. Bordoloi Indoor Stadium, Assam.
- India clinched 10 medals, including two Gold medals,2 Silver medals and 6 Bronze medals at the Para Badminton World Championships. The event was held at Ulsan in South Korea. India’s Parul Parmar defeated Thailand’s Wannaphatdee Kamtamin the finals of the women’s singles Standing Lower (SL3) to clinch the gold medal.
- Lionel Messi wins European Golden Shoe award for the fourth time at a ceremony in Barcelona, Spain.
- Jana Novotna– Czech Republic – Tennis Player – Wimbledon Champion – 3 Time Olympic Medallist
- Jon Hendricks – Veteran jazz singer and lyricist
- Mangi Bai Arya – Rajasthani Folk Singer
IMPORTANT DAYS & its THEME
|November 21||World Fisheries Day||2022 Ka Hai Sapna … Kisan Ki Aay Ho Dugna – Sankalp Se Siddhi|
|November 26||National Constitution Day||–|
|November 25||International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2017||Leave no one behind: end violence against women and girls|
|November 26||National Milk Day||–|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.