CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: March 1– March 7
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: March 1– March 7
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The SBI Clerk exam is coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 1st Week of ,March 2018.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 1st week of March and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from March 1- March 7 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming exam like , SBI Clerk which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of March 1–March 7 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- The Government of Indiaand the Union Territory of Lakshadweep signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) under the Scheme Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY), for operational turnaround of the Union Territory’s Electricity Department.
- The Union Cabinet approves the draftTrafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, which also proposes a punishment of life imprisonment for repeat offenders. In order to empower the NIA to probe trafficking cases, the National Investigation Act, 2008, will have to be amended.
- Union Minister of Civil Aviation P Ashok Gajapathi Rajuinaugurated the country’s first Aviation Multi Skill Development Centre at Chandigarh Airport’s old terminal.
- The Defence Ministryhas started the process to set up the country’s first Defence Industrial Corridor – ‘Quad’ or quadrilateral corridor will connect Chennai, Hosur, Coimbatore, Salem and Tiruchirappalli of Tamil Nadu to promote industries manufacturing weapons and military equipment.
- The Haryana governmentapproved a proposal to enact a law providing for capital punishment to those found guilty of sexually abusing girls aged 12 years or below.
- Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Limited(IRSDC) is taking up redevelopment of around 600 major Railway stations across the country. Towards this objective of stakeholders’ consultation, an idea competition for development of 635 stations on Indian Railways, ‘SRIJAN’ (Station Rejuvenation Initiative through Joint ActioN) has been launched at MyGov portal.
- The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute(CMFRI) has developed a multi-vendor e-commerce website “www.marinefishsales.com” and mobile app “marinefishsales” to help fish farmers and fishermen sell their catch directly to customers online.
- Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the ‘‘Viral Load testing for all People Living with HIV/AIDS(PLHIV)”. The initiative will provide free of cost viral load testing for 12 lakh PLHIV on treatment in the country at least once a year.
- The Chilika lake in Odisha has emerged as the single largest habitat of Irrawaddy dolphins in the world with the spotting of 155 such animals, a Chilika Development Authority (CDA).
- Union Textile Minister Smriti Iraniattended the 27th Technological Conference of Indian Jute Industries’ Research Association on Shaping the Future of Jute in Kolkata.
- The first Mega Food Parkin the state of Maharashtra M/s Satara Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Village Degaon, District Satara will be inaugurated by Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, in the presence of Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister, and Maharashtra.
- Women and Child Development Ministry has approved projects worth over Rs 2,900 crore under the Nirbhaya fund for eight major cities to make them safer for women. These cities are Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Lucknow.
- The Defence Acquisition Council, DAC, chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharamangave approval to Capital Acquisition Proposals of the Services and Coast Guard valued at approximately 9,435 crore.
- Clean energy firm Avaada Powersaid it will invest Rs 3,500 crore to develop 500 MW utility-scale solar projects in Andhra Pradesh.
- India test-fired Anti Tank Guided Missiles(ATGM) Nag in desert conditions, defence sources said. The Nag ATGM is one of five missile systems has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) under integrated guided missile development programme (IGMDP).
- The Telangana government launched an m-Governance mobile application called ‘T App Folio’ to help citizens with one point access to government services like MeeSeva services, RTA services, fee payments and bill payment services etc.
- Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited(TBAL), a joint venture between Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems Limited(TASL), inaugurated the country’s first facility to produce fuselages for the AH-64 Apache helicopter in
- Union Health Minister P. Naddaand Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the one-day conference to mark “World Rare Disease Day”.
- Tamil Nadu Government announced 24-hour helpline has been set up for the first time in the country that would provide information on education and offer guidance to students.Chief Minister K Palaniswami formally launched the toll free number 14417 through the 24-hour Education Guidance Centre set up at the Secretariat.
- The Maharashtra government has tied up with Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, to propagate the Marathi language and increase its usage online.
- The Karnataka government inaugurated the first phase of a 2,000 megawatts (MW) solar park in the drought-prone Pavagada region of Tumkur district, about 180km from Bengaluru.
- Bharati Defence and Infrastructure Ltd (BDIL) delivered an interceptor boat – C-162 – to Indian Coast Guard(ICG) at BDIL jetty in Mangaluru.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for establishment of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) and creation of one post of Chairperson, three posts of full-time Members and one post of Secretary for NFRA.
- The Odisha government has launched a programmeAmaGaon, AmaVikas (Our Village, our development) to reach out to the people in rural areas and involve themselves in the developmental activities.
- Siddaramaiah said the ‘Arogya Karnataka’ (Healthy Karnataka) will providequality primary, secondary and tertiary treatment to both BPL and APL families in the state.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the new premises of Central Information Commission, CIC at Munirkain the national capital.
- App-based taxi service took on a whole new meaning when Bengaluru’s first helitaxi service took off, ferrying passengers from Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) to Electronics City in 15 minutes.
- A group of officials from India and the United States were at the Pokhran firing range to test-fire M777 ultra-light howitzers in the wake of an accident during its trial in September last year.
- As per the announcement made by the Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Shri ArunJaitley in his Budget Speech 2018-19, a Steering Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance.
- Union Information and Broadcasting and Textiles Minister Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated FICCIFrames 2018, with the theme ‘Creative Future: Coronation of Digital Consumer’, in Mumbai.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawatinaugurated the week-long 29th annual, world-famous International Yoga Festival (IYF) in Rishikesh’sParmarthNiketan.
- To mark the International Women’s Day, a Women’s Film Festival is being organized from during March 9 – 11, 2018 at National Film Archives of India (NFAI)
- Panaji Shigmotsav float parade 2018 will be held on the new route from the Science Centre,Miramar, to the Harley Davidson showroom to ensure smooth traffic flow in the heart of the city.
- The Himachal Pradesh government approved the setting up of a regional-cum-facilitation centre of the National Medicinal Plants Board of the Ministry of Ayush in the state at an outlay of 748.30 lakh.
- Punjab Government has inked a Memorandum of Understanding with e-Governance Foundation (e-Gov) of NandanNilekani regarding the managing of electronic governance of Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) throughout Punjab.
- The seventh meeting of Eminent Persons Group(EPG) on Nepal-India relations has concluded in Issues like the 1950 Peace and Friendship treaty, trade, environment, border and hydropower were discussed in the meeting.
List of MoUs/Agreements signed during the Visit of the King of Jordan to India
- MoU on Defence Cooperation.
- Visa waiver for diplomatic and official passport holders.
- Cultural Exchange Programme (CEP).
- Manpower Cooperation Agreement.
- MoU for cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine between India and Jordan.
- MoU for setting up of the next generation Centre of Excellence (COE) in Jordan.
- MoU for long term supply of Rock Phosphate and Fertilizer/NPK.
- Customs Mutual Assistance
- Twining Agreement between Agra and Petra (Jordan).
- Cooperation between Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) and Jordan Media Institute (JMI).
- MoU between PrasarBharati and Jordan TV.
- MoU between University of Jordan (UJ) and ICCR regarding setting up of a Hindi Chair at the University.
- Huaweiand Bouygues Telecom announced a joint innovation program to experiment 5G in France. Bouygues Telecom is part of the first operators worldwide to experiment 5G 3GPP in field with Huawei.
- In a landmark development India for the first time signed a tripartite agreement with foreign partners Russia& Bangladesh for civil nuclear cooperation.
- Myanmar has indefinitely deferred signing an agreement with India to streamline the free movement of peoplewithin 16 km along the border.
- Washington has become the first state to enact its own net-neutrality requirements.
- India is all set to become the 69th member of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development(EBRD) after shareholders of the international financial institution gave their nod to the country’s candidature.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- Moody’s Investors Servicesaid the Indian economy is starting to recover from the negative impact of demonetisation and disruption caused by the GST roll-out, but kept GDP growth estimates unchanged at 6 per cent for 2018 and for 2019 at 7.5 per cent.
- Retirement fund body EPFOhas made it mandatory to file online claims for provident fund withdrawals above Rs 10 lakh, taking another step towards becoming a paperless organisation.
- The Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd(CSB) has tied up with Celebrus Capital Ltd (Celebrus), to offer CSB’s customers online trading and demat services.
- The State Bankof India has raised its lending rates by 20 basis points to 15 per cent, with immediate effect, setting the tone for the industry to follow suit.
- The Reserve Bank of India has eased position limit in Interest Rate Futures (IRFs) for foreign portfolio investors (FPIs).
- India has raised import tax on crude palm oil to 44 percent from 30 percent and lifted the tax on refined palm oil to 54 percent from 40 percent, India is the world’s biggest importer of edible oils.
- With 31 new Indians on the list, India comes third after China and USA on Hurun’s Global Rich List 2018.
- The Indian economy grew at 2 percent in October-December 2017, and will likely expand 6.6 percent in 2017-18, amid strong revival signs in consumption spending and investment activity.
- Iraq has overtaken Saudi Arabia by a wide margin to become India’s top crude oil supplier, meeting more than a fifth of the country’s oil needs in the current financial year.
- US lender Citi has launched India’s first market benchmark rate-linked lending product. The bank has introduced a home loan product that will be linked to the rate of treasury bills, which is used by government for its short-term borrowings (3-month).
- Reserve Bank of India has decided to do away with per borrower loan limits to Micro/ Small and Medium Enterprises (Services) for classification under priority sector lending.
- The Marshall Islands will issue its own cryptocurrency that will be circulated as legal tender along with the S. dollar, according to one of the remote Pacific republic’s top officials.
- HDFC bank, introduced a new prepaid card-linked Travel and Entertainment (T&E) expense management solution to enable Indian enterprises to efficiently manage their business travel expenditure.
- The Reserve Bank of India said it will conduct additional variable rate repo operations for longer tenors up to 31 days every Tuesday this month (March 2018) forRs 25,000 crore each to provide additional liquidity support to banks.
- India’s military is placed fourth on a global index that has ranked 133 countries on the basis of their global military prowess, trailing behind only the US, Russia and China in that order.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it has imposed a penaltyof 3 crore on Axis Bank for violation of non-performing asset (NPA) and for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on Income Recognition and Asset Classification (IRAC) norms.
- Tech giant Microsoft said it has inked its first renewable energy deal in India for powering its new facility in Bengaluru.
- ONGC Videsh Ltd, the overseas arm of state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corphas signed a pact with Iran’s IDRO Oil to jointly bid for a USD 1 billion contractfor development of Susangerd oilfield in southern Iran.
- The World Trade Organisation’s (WTO) dispute settlement body has agreed to set up a panel to determinewhether India has complied with its ruling in a case against the US regarding domestic content requirements for solar cells and modules.
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for the post of||Replaces||Resigns|
|A K Pradhan||appointed its general manager of Group Chief Risk Officer||——-||——|
|Senior IAS officer Sudhir Tripathy||appointed as Chief Secretary of Jharkhand||Rajbala Verma||——|
|R Subramanyam||as the new Secretary, Higher Education in the Ministry of Human Resource Development||K K Sharma||——|
|Vinay Kumar||has been appointed as India’s ambassador to Afghanistan||Manpreet Vohra||——|
|Virat Kohli||as the brand ambassador for the brand Amaze||——-||——|
|Rangarajan Raghavan||appointed director & managing director of HCL Infosystems||Premkumar Seshadri||——|
|Armen Sarkisian||as country’s president||——-||——|
|Conrad Sangma||Appointed as Chief Minister of Meghalaya||——||——|
|Neil Basu||has been appointed as the counter-terrorism chief||——||——|
|Krishna KumariKohli||was elected to the Pakistan Senate||——||——|
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni||has become a brand ambassador||——||——|
|Australia dragflick specialist Chris Ciriello||analytical coach of Indian hockey team||——||——|
|Ryoko Azuma||first female commander of a navy destroyer squadron in Japan||——||——-|
|P K Gupta||as Nominee Director on SBI Life Board||——||——-|
|Neiphiu Rio||to take over Chief Minister of Nagaland||——||T R Zeliang|
|Biplab Kumar Deb||has been named the new chief minister of Tripura||——–||——-|
AWARDS AND HONORS
- An Indian-American scientist Navin Vardarajan has been awarded a grant of over USD 1.1 million for his ground-breaking research on cancer (to improve effectiveness of T-cell immunotherapy).
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha has been honoured with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the fields of arts and politics at a ceremony in the UK’s Parliament complex.
- Russia’s Olympic membership has been restored by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) following its suspension from Pyeongchang 2018. Russia was banned from February’s Games by the IOC over state-sponsored doping.
- Para-swimmer Prasanta Karmakar has been suspended for three years by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) for allegedly recording videos of his female counterparts at the National Championships in Jaipur last year.
- India’s star wrestler Vinesh Phogat has settled for Silver Medal in the 50kg Freestyle competition at the Asian Wrestling Championship in Kyrgyzstan.
- The Maharashtra women’s team won the interstate national tennis championship 2018 by defeating Delhi team held in The championship was organised under the auspices of the All India Tennis Association (AITA) by the Chhattisgarh State Tennis Association (CSTA).
- Navjot Kaurhas scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman to win a Gold medal by defeating Japan’s Miya Imai at the Senior Asian Wrestling Championships.
- Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan achieved a massive feat when he became the youngest top-ranked player as per ICC Rankings.
- Indian shooter Shahzar Rizvi clinched gold with a world record score while Jitu Rai grabbed bronze in 10m air pistol men’s final in the ISSF World Cup at Guadalajara in Mexico.
- India jumped to the top of the pecking order as young Manu Bhaker(women’s 10m Air Pistol event) clinched a gold medalwhile Ravi Kumar bagged a bronze (men’s 10m air rifle event) in the ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- British writer Penny Vincenzi, whose stories of romance, rivalry and family secrets topped best-seller lists, has died.
- Former Supreme Court Judge Justice S Ratnavel Pandian passed away after a brief illness.
- Renowned Oriya musician, lyricist and bhajan singer Arabinda Muduli passed away due to cardiac arrest at the age of 56 in Odisha’s Bhubaneswar.
- Tripura fisheries and cooperative minister Khagendra Jamatia died at the AIIMS in New Delhi following a brief illness.
- LiterateurPrafulla Das passed away at his residence at Rajkanika in Kendrapara district.
- Fiorentina captain and Italy international Davide Astori died of a sudden illness at the age of 31.
- Noted disability rights activist Javed Abidi passed away following a heart attack. He was 53.
- Veteran Odia film actor Sarat Mohanty passed away following a prolonged illness. He was 88.He acted in the film Laxmi released in 1962.
- Veteran Bollywood actor Shammi passed awayat the age of 89 after prolonged illness.
- Justice D Sreedevi, who was a social activist, judge of the Kerala high court, and chairperson of Kerala Women’s Commission, passed away.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|March||Important event of the day||Theme|
|1||Zero Discrimination Day||——-|
|3||World WildlifeDay||“Big cats: predators under threat”|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of February from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of January from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.