DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 23 , 2019
Daily Current Affairs (April 23, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
FAME II scheme has made compulsory for electric vehicles to 50% localization for receiving subsidies:
- The steering committee has mandated that only companies that meet the 50% localization threshold will be eligible for the incentives that will be available under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME-II) scheme to boost electric mobility as well as the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- The decision has been taken to ensure that the tax payer’s money is not used to subsidize imports and encourage local manufacturing.
- The conditions under FAME II scheme were decided by the Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee of National Mission for Transformative Mobility headed by Amitabh Kant, (Chief executive Officer) CEO of NITI Aayog.
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman addresses Naval Commanders Conference:
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman addressed the Naval Commanders Conference in New Delhi. The three-day Conference is the apex forum within the Service for interaction between the Naval Commanders
- It will provide the higher naval leadership a forum to discuss the emerging challenges in the maritime domain. The conference also serves as a platform for interaction of Naval Commanders with senior Government Officials.
AYUSH Ministry inks MoU with CSIR:
- The Ministry of AYUSH inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi for cooperation in research and education in areas of traditional systems of medicine and its integration with modern science.
- The MoU was signed by AYUSH Secretary Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and CSIR Director General Dr Shekhar C Mande and Secretary, DSIR.
India, US Conduct Anti-Submarine Warfare Drill in Indian Ocean:
- The Indian and U.S. navies held an anti-submarine warfare exercise involving P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft and its Indian variant, the P-8I Neptune advanced maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft, near Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.
BANKING & BUSINESS
Bajaj Allianz launches Total Health Secure Goal plan:
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance in collaboration has launched their first product ‘Total Health Secure Goal’.
- This insurance plan is designed to take care of customers health and life goals, through one comprehensive insurance policy. Thus, removing hassles of maintaining two separate policies.
- The new insurance product is a combination of two existing plans – Health Guard policy by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, and iSecure from Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.
BSE ties up with Network Intelligence to provide security services to its members:
- BSE, India’s largest stock exchange has entered a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Network Intelligence, a global cybersecurity services provider & CERT-IN empanelled vendor to provide cybersecurity services to its members in line with the cybersecurity framework set by SEBI.
SBI General launches cyber defence insurance for businesses:
- SBI General Insurance has launched a product to protect businesses from financial and reputational losses due to cyber attacks.
- In the initial phase, the focus will be on SMEs and mid-market businesses, but later the product can cater to larger business conglomerates as well.
- This offers protection against the growing threat of cyber breaches and is designed to protect against major insurable cyber exposures like hacking attacks, identity theft, disclosure of sensitive information and business interruption.
REPORTS/RANKING BY VARIOUS ORGANISATIONS
India ranks 19th in Index of Cancer Preparedness 2019:
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released the 2019 Index of Cancer Preparedness (ICP) in which India’s overall rank is 19th out of 28 countries, with a score of 64.9.
- Australia tops the ICP, followed by the Netherlands and Germany. Saudi Arabia, Romania, and Egypt are at the bottom in Index.
- India ranks 17th in Cancer policy and planning and scored 80.8 out of 100 for this rank. According to the ICP rankings, India ranks 1st for research and 3rd for tobacco control in the list of 28 countries.
- India ranks 23rd for its national cancer control plan, which is relatively poor. India’s healthcare system ranks 25th with a score of 40.3 out of 100. This rating is above Saudi Arabia, Kenya and Egypt.
Ex-Deputy Poll Commissioner Appointed Special Observer For Tripura:
- Former deputy election commissioner Vinod Zutshi appointed as special observer for Tripura where the Lok Sabha polls to one of the seats was postponed in view of the law and order situation.
- Election Commission (EC) had postponed polling in the Tripura (East) Lok Sabha seat to the third phase on April 23 from April 18.
Twitter appoints Manish Maheshwari as new India MD:
- Twitter has appointed Manish Maheshwari as the New Managing Director for India, with effect from 29th April 2019.
- He will succeed Balaji Krish who was serving as the interim head after Taranjeet Singh had stepped down from the same role.
AWARDS & HONOURS
LSE names a professorship after economist Amartya Sen:
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) has announced the creation of the Amartya Sen Chair in Inequality Studies, named in honour of the India-born economist, philosopher and Nobel laureate, who was Professor of Economics at LSE from 1971-82.
Santosh Trophy final: Services bags the 6th Santosh Trophy Football Tournament title against Punjab
- Services won their 6th Santosh Trophy Football Tournament title over Punjab at the Guru Nanak Stadium in Ludhiana.
- The Services football team represents the Indian defense services in the Santosh Trophy.
Fognini Flies to First Masters Crown in Monte Carlo:
- The 31-year-old Fabio Fognini defeated Dusan Lajovic, in Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters final to capture the biggest title of his career and make history as the first Italian to claim a Masters 1000 championship.
- Last time an Italian player Nicola Pietrangeli won the trophy in 1968. This event held every year at the Monte Carlo Country Club in France.
IMPORTANT EVENTS OF THE DAY
World Book and Copyright Day: April 23
- April 23: World Book Day, a day dedicated to book lovers around the globe. Also called World Book and Copyright Day, or International Day of the Book, this day is dedicated to promote reading habits, publishing and copyright.
- First observed on April 23, 1995, it is an annual event organised by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Subbiah Muthiah, Master chronicler of Madras, dies aged 89:
- Renowned Journalist-writer Subbiah Muthiah passed away at the age of 89 in Chennai due to age-related illnesses.
- In 1981, Muthiah published a book about heritage and history of Madras named ‘Madras Discovered’. He was noted for his popular column in The Hindu, called ‘Madras Miscellany’.
DD Director Kismat Sagar passes away at 47:
- Director (News) Door Darshan Kendra, Lucknow Ms. Kismat Sagar has passed away during her treatment in a hospital in Mumbai. She was 47 years old and suffering from cancer.
Aspirants can BUY the LIC AAO 2019 – Online Prelims Exam Package from our Bankersdaily Store which is provided in the link.
If you have any doubts regarding the CWC – Junior Superintendent – Online Prelims Exam Test Series 2019 , kindly contact us @ store[at]therace.in
This Package includes:
- 100+ Hours of LIVE Video Lessons
- 17+ Live Doubt Clarification Sessions
- 100+ PDF’s for this Course
- 20 FULL-Length Online Mock Test (Phase I of RRB NTPC)
- 10 Previous Year Question Paper
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL