DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 10 & 11 , 2019
Daily Current Affairs (April 10 & 11, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’ Kicked off in Uttar Pradesh:
- The three-day military exercise between India and Singapore named, ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’, is being conducted to develop military technology, boost maritime security and bolster the nations’ fight against terrorism in Jhansi’s Babina Cantonment, Uttar Pradesh to strengthen cooperation against terrorism, develop defence technology and boost maritime security.
Google’s Wing launches its first Commercial drone delivery service in Australia:
- Alphabet, the parent company of Google, has launched its first commercial drone delivery service through its Wing subsidiary. It had launched its first air delivery service in North Canberra, Australia.
- Users of the service will be able to order food, coffee, and over-the-counter medicines using a smartphone app. Once the order is placed, a Wing drone will take flight “within minutes” to deliver the goods.
British Government’s ‘White Paper’ named ‘Online Harms’ draws focus to users mostly children’s safety:
- The British government has published an “online harms white paper” which is open for public consultation (till July) focuses to make online social media platforms responsible to safeguard users, especially children. It is a joint proposal from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and Home Office.
BANKING & BUSINESS
IMF cuts India’s growth forecast for 3 years:
- According to IMF estimates, India’s economy grew 1% in FY19 and is expected to accelerate to 7.3% growth this fiscal and to 7.5% in FY21. All the estimates are 0.2 percentage points less thanits previous assessment in January.
- The IMF numbers are higher than those of the Reserve Bank of India, which had last week cut its growth forecast to 7.2% for this fiscal and 7.4% for FY21.
Emirates Islamic becomes world’s first Islamic bank to launch banking via WhatsApp:
- Emirates Islamic has announced the launch of Chat Banking services for customers via WhatsApp, marking a global first in the Islamic banking sector.
- It has become the World’s 1stbank in the Islamic banking sector to give such facility. It was supported by
RANKINGS/REPORTS BY VARIOUS ORGANISATIONS
HDFC AMC ranks first, ICICI AMC second in terms of assets:
- India’s Asset Management Companies (AMCs) own assets under management (AUM) worth 24.46 trillion, according to data released by the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI), a mutual fund industry lobby, for the January-March period.
- HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd has claimed the top spot with an average AUM of 3.42 trillion, overtaking ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co. Ltd with an average AUM of at Rs.3.20 trillion. HDFC AMC saw a solid AUM growth of 14%.
- SBI Asset Management Co. Ltd climbed two places from the fifth to the third spot with an AUM of 2.83 trillion.
India’s steel demand to grow by over 7% in FY19, FY20 on railways, capital goods and construction sectors’ growth:
- India’s steel demand is likely to grow by over 7 percent in 2019 and 2020, driven by sectors like construction, capital goods and railways, as per the Indian Steel Association.
- It also forecast that India’s steel consumption is likely to cross 100 million tonnes (MT) mark in 2019.
Karnam Sekar to take over as MD, CEO of Indian Overseas Bank from July 1:
- The government has said Karnam Sekar, MD,and CEO of the erstwhile Dena Bank, will take over as MD and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank from July 1.
- Also, R A Sankara Narayanan, former MD, and CEO of Vijaya Bank, will move to Canara Bank in the same position. His term will end in January 2020.
- R K Yaduvanshi, executive director at Dena Bank, will move as executive director of Punjab National Bank. Nageshwara Rao, executive director at Vijaya Bank, will move to Syndicate Bank as an officer on special duty and a full-time director. Murali Ramaswami, another executive director at Vijay Bank, will move to Bank of Baroda. He will be OSD till the end of September 2019.
Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu appears headed toward 5th term as PM:
- Benjamin Netanyahu has appeared to be headed toward a historic fifth term as Israel’s prime minister, with close-to-complete unofficial election results giving his right-wing Likud and other nationalist and religious parties a solid majority in parliament.
Jean Michel Lapin announced as Haiti’s new Prime Minister:
- According to a statement issued by CARICOM, President Jovenel Moise announced that Jean Michel Lapin, who once served as a courier in the public administration, to be the new prime minister of this French-speaking Caribbean Community (CARICOM) country.
- Capital: Port-au-Prince; Currency: Haitian gourde
Virat Kohli and Smriti Mandhana named as Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack’s Leading Cricketers in the World:
- Indian captain Virat Kohli was named the ‘Leading Cricketer in the World’ for the third time in a row in this year’s edition of the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, the publication. Smriti Mandhana was the ‘Leading Cricketer in the women’s game’.
- Kohli, Sam Curran, Jos Buttler, Rory Burns and Tammy Beaumont were chosen as the five Cricketers of the Year for their performances in the 2018 English summer.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL