Daily Current Affairs: April 26 & 27, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (April 26 & 27, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Intellectual Property Day – 26 April
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed on 26 April every year to raise awareness of the impact of how patents, copyright, trademarks and design affect our daily life.
- The role of intellectual property (IP) rights is used for encouraging, innovation and creativity in societies across the globe.
- The theme for World Intellectual Property Day 2022 is ‘IP and Youth innovating for a better future’.
Netflix partners with Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to develop short videos highlighting role of women changemakers
- Netflix India has collaborated with the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to release a series of short video series under an initiative called ‘Azadi Ki Amrit Kahaniya’, highlighting the role of women achievers.
- Under this partnership, Netflix India also conducts workshops and masterclasses for the skill development of Indian filmmakers.
Atal Pension Yojana total enrolments cross four crore
- The government’s social security scheme Atal Pension Yojana (APY) has crossed total enrollments of 01 crore as of March 2022 out of which more than 99 lakh APY accounts were opened during 2021–2022.
- According to the latest APY data, around 71 per cent of the enrolments into the scheme was done by the Public-sector banks, 19 per cent by the Regional Rural Banks, 6 per cent by the Private Sector Banks, 3 per cent by Payment and Small Finance Banks.
- State Bank of India, Indian Bank, Bank of India, Bank of Baroda and Central Bank of India achieved the annual target in the Public-sector Bank category.
India’s first Amrit Sarovar was developed in Rampur, Uttar Pradesh
- India’s first ‘Amrit Sarovar’ was completed in Rampur`s Gram Panchayat Patwai in Uttar Pradesh.
- Under the Amrit Sarovar initiative, seventy-five water bodies will be developed and rejuvenated in each district as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Himachal Pradesh signs agreement with NHLML for developing seven ropeways under Parvatmala Scheme
- National Highways Logistics Management Limited (NHLML) has joined hands with the Himachal Pradesh government to construct ropeways at an estimated cost of over ₹ 3000 crores in Himachal Pradesh under the ambitious Parvatmala Yojana.
- This MoU was signed to construct the seven ropeway projects with a total length of 1 km at an estimated cost of ₹ 3,232 crores to come up in Himachal Pradesh.
India creates a Guinness record for the simultaneous waving of more than 78,000 National Flags
- India has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for waving the maximum number of national flags simultaneously.
- More than 78,220 people in Bihar’s Bhojpur simultaneously waved the national flag together in a celebration of 75 years of independence – ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
Asia’s biggest international food, hospitality fair ‘AAHAR-2022’ commences at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) in association with the India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) is organising Asia’s biggest international food and hospitality fair ‘AAHAR 2022’ at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- More than 80 exporters from different segments of agricultural products, which include geographical indication products, processed food, organic and frozen food products will participate in the fair.
Banking and Economy
RBI imposes a penalty on Bank of Maharashtra for non-compliance
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of ₹ 1.12 crores on the Bank of Maharashtra for non-compliance with certain regulatory directions, including those for know your customer (KYC)
- This action is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the bank with customers.
Agreements and MoUs Signed
SBI Card partners with TCS to revamp the digital experience
- SBI Cards and Payments Services has expanded its partnership with IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to boost its digital transformation.
- Under this new engagement, TCS will further digitalise and transform SBI Cards’ online onboarding processes to enable a faster turnaround and frictionless experience, which is expected to drive greater customer satisfaction.
Prasar Bharati signs MoU with Public Broadcaster of Argentina
- Prasar Bharati has signed an MoU with the Public Broadcaster of Argentina Radio Television Argentina (RTA) for collaboration in the field of broadcasting.
- India and Argentina are strategic partners that share cordial relations and developmental partnerships in the areas of political, economic, scientific and technological cooperation.
- This MoU encompasses a range of fronts in Media and Broadcasting that is set to exemplify the communication and transmission networking of both nations.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Elon Musk acquires social network company Twitter for $ 44 billion
- Tesla and SpaceX’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Elon Musk has acquired Twitter for $ 44 billion.
- He is the world’s richest person, according to Forbes magazine 2022 report, with an estimated net worth of $ 273.6 billion.
Krishnan Ramanujam was appointed as the Chairperson of NASSCOM for 2022-23
- IT industry body National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has appointed President of Enterprise Growth Group at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Krishnan Ramanujam as its chairperson for 2022–23.
- He succeeded Rekha M. Menon, Chairperson and Senior Managing Director of Accenture in India.
- NASSCOM also appointed the President of Microsoft India, Anant Maheshwari as its Vice-Chairperson for 2022–23.
Vishakha Mulye was appointed as the CEO of Aditya Birla Capital
- Aditya Birla Capital Limited has appointed Vishakha Mulye as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). She succeeded Ajay Srinivasan.
- She was the first woman to be appointed to the Aditya Birla Management Corporation.
Awards and Recognitions
Meghalaya Planning Department’s e-Proposal System wins coveted United Nation Award
- Meghalaya’s Planning Department’s key initiative of the e-Proposal System, part of Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture (MeghEA) wins coveted UN Award – World Summit on the Information Society Forum (WSIS) Prizes 2022.
- This e-proposal system now automates sanctions and administrative approvals of all the departments and directorates in Meghalaya.
Legendary Odia Writer Binapani Mohanty passed away at 85
- Legendary Odia writer Binapani Mohanty passed away at the age of 85 due to age-related complications. She received the Padma Shri award in 2020.
- She has more than 100 books to her credit. She is well-known for ‘Patadei’, ‘Kasturi Mriga O Sabuja Aranya’, ‘Khela Ghara’, ‘Naiku Rasta’, ‘Bastraharana’ and ‘Andhakarara’.
Max Verstappen wins 2022 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2022
- Formula 1 world champion Max Verstappen was named the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2022 at a digital ceremony hosted from Seville, Spain.
- Jamaican Olympic sprint queen Elaine Thompson-Herah received the Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year award 2022.
The full list of winners
- World Sportsman of the Year Award: Max Verstappen
- World Sportswoman of the Year Award: Elaine Thompson-Herah
- World Team of the Year Award: Italy Men’s Football Team
- World Breakthrough of the Year Award: Emma Raducanu
- World Comeback of the Year Award: Sky Brown
- World Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability Award: Marcel Hug
- World Action Sportsperson of the Year Award: Bethany Shriever
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Tom Brady
- Academy Exceptional Achievement Award: Robert Lewandowski
- Sporting Icon Award: Valentino Rossi
- Sport for Good Award: Lost Boyz Inc.
- Sport for Good Society Award: Real Madrid Foundation
- Athlete Advocate of the Year Award: Gerald Asamoah and the Black Eagles.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of April 26 & 27, 2022, now from the link given below.