DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 3, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 3, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (April 3, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Indian Army Builds Longest Suspension Bridge Over River Indus :
- Indian Army builds the longest suspension bridge over Indus river in Leh, Ladakh.Built in a record time of 40 days ‘Maitri Bridge’ (260-feet) is longest Suspension Bridge over Indus River.
- The bridge was built by the combat engineers belonging to the Sahas aur Yogyata regiment of Indian Army’s Fire & Fury Corps.
Govt has constituted a panel to review a ban imposed on Jamaat-e-Islami & JKLF :
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has constituted Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal, to determine the sufficient cause to ban Jamaat-e-Islami, and Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) faction. It will be headed by Justice Chander Shekhar of the Delhi High Court.
- The tribunal has been formed by Government after exercising its powers conferred by the sub-section (1) of section 5 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
Japan reveals name of new imperial era will be ‘Reiwa’ :
- Japan has unveiled the name for its new imperial era , set to begin on 1 May, will be ‘Reiwa’, signifying order and harmony .
- ‘Reiwa’ -The name consists two Chinese characters, the first meaning ‘good’ or ‘beautiful’ as well as ‘order’ or ‘command’ and the second meaning ‘peace’ or ‘harmony’.
STATIC : Japan
Currency: Japanese Yen,
Prime Minister : Shinzo Abe.
NuGen Mobility Summit To Be Organised by ICAT :
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is organizing a NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019, at Manesar, NCR, from 27th to 29th November 2019.
- The objective of the Summit is to share new ideas, learnings, global experiences, innovations and future technology trends for faster adoption, assimilation and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future.
S. Korea to launch world’s first national 5G networks
- South Korea launches the world’s first fully-fledged 5G mobile networks, a transformational leap that already has superpowers sparring for control of an innovation that could potentially change the day-to-day lives of billions of people.
- The system will bring smartphones near-instantaneous connectivity 20 times faster than the existing 4G allowing users to download entire movies in less than a second.
- It is crucial for the future development of devices ranging from self-driving vehicles that send data traffic to one another in real time, industrial robots, drones and other elements of the Internet of Things.
STATIC: South Korea
Currency- South Korean won.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Nicholas Koumjian has been appointed as Investigation Head For Myanmar by UN :
- Nicholas Koumjian of the United States has been appointed as the head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar by the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- International criminal justice lawyer Nicholas Koumjian will serve as the first head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism (IIM) for Myanmar, which was established by the Human Rights Council in September 2018 and welcomed by the UN General Assembly in December 2018.
Algeria’s president Abdelaziz Bouteflika resigns after 20 years :
- The president of Algeria Abdelaziz Bouteflika has resigned from the post with immediate effect, ceding power in the face of massive street protests against his 20-year rule.
- The 82-year-old Bouteflika has come under mounting pressure to step down since his decision to seek a fifth term despite rarely being seen in public after suffering a stroke in 2013.
STATIC : Algeria
Currency: Algerian dinar.
BANKING & ECONOMY
ADB cuts India’s growth rate to 7.2% in 2019-20 :
- The Asian Development Bank downgraded economic growth forecasts for India and Southeast Asia for 2019 as global risks from trade tensions to Brexit mount.
- Gross domestic product in India will probably increase by 7.2 % in 2019, down from a December forecast of 7.6%, according to the ADB’s latest Asian Development Outlook report. Southeast Asia’s growth estimate was lowered by 0.2 percentage point to 4.9%.
STATIC: Asian Development Bank
Headquarters: Manila, Philippines,
President: Takehiko Nakao.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Garuda Prakashan launches ‘#Modi Again’ and ‘Saffron Swords’ :
- One of India’s homegrown startup-The Indian Publishing company, Garuda Prakashan Private Limited, launched its book ‘Saffron Swords and ‘#Modi Again’- Centuries of Indic Resistance to Invaders’.
- ‘Saffron Swords’ is a book written by Manoshi Sinha Rawal, it is a book on 52 unsung warriors of India from the last 1300 years.
- “#Modi Again: Why Modi is right for India, An Ex-Communist’s Manifesto” authored by Aabhas Maldahiyar, states the reasons about how Narendra Modi is right for India.
Saurav Ghosal becomes first Indian man to enter top-10 in Squash rankings :
- Saurav Ghosal became the first Indian male squash player to enter the top 10 in the latest PSA – Professional Squash Association world rankings.
- Ghosal made it to the quarter-finals of the 2018-2019 PSA World Championships in Chicago, USA for the first time in his career.Indian women squash players Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal had earlier reached top 10 in the world rankings.
India awarded ICC Test Championship Mace for third straight year :
- India has retained ICC Test Championship mace for the third year in a row after finishing at the top of ICC Test team rankings on the cut-off date of April 1. It has also won the purse of USD 1 million.
- The runner up, New Zealand has won $500,000 prize money after finishing with 108 points.South Africa finished 3rd with 105 points to clinch the award money of $200,000.
Dramatist Kartik Chandra Rath Passes Away :
- Eminent theatre organiser and playwright Kartik Chandra Rath passed away following a brief illness at the age of 70 in Cuttack, Odisha .In 1963, he wrote the first play titled ‘Ei Desha, Ei Maati’.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.