Daily Current Affairs: April 3, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (April 3, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Union Minister Harsh Vardhan addressed Hope Consortium’s World Immunisation and Logistics Summit
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan digitally participated in a panel discussion on vaccine production and distribution across Asia at the “World Immunisation and Logistics Summit”.
- The 2-day virtual conference brought together over 1,000 attendees from around the region and the world in active discussion around tackling key issues facing global supply chains as the world faces the largest and most complex logistical operation in history to deliver life-saving vaccines worldwide.
Centre to launch unique id number for all plots of land by 2022
- According to the Department of Land Resources, the 14-digit Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) was launched in 10 states earlier this year and will be rolled out across the country by March 2022.
- The ULPIN will be based on the latitude and longitude of each parcel of land and will rely on surveys and cadastral maps. Individual plot numbers will also be linked to bank records and the national ID Aadhaar numbers.
World Bank and AIIB approved a loan for $ 300 million canal-based drinking water projects in Punjab
- The World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have approved a loan for $ 300 million (about Rs 2,190 crore) canal-based drinking water projects in Punjab. The project is aimed at ensuring quality drinking water and minimise water losses for Amritsar and Ludhiana.
- The entire project will be co-financed by International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) – USD 105 million, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) – USD 105 million, and the Punjab government – USD 90 million.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Captain Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V P Singh Badnore
6-digit HSN code mandatory in invoices for business with over Rs 5crore turnover
- Businesses with a turnover of more than Rs 5 crore will have to furnish a six-digit HSN or tariff code on the invoices issued for supplies of taxable goods and services from 1 April 2021.
- Those with a turnover of up to Rs 5 crore in the preceding financial year would be required to mandatorily furnish a four-digit HSN code on B2B (Business-to-Business)
Acquisitions and Mergers
CDC Group partners with Northern Arc to invest in Rs 320-crore PBI to fund 6 MFIs
- British government-funded developmental finance institution CDC Group and Chennai-based digital debt platform Northern Arc have jointly structured a pooled bond issuance (PBI) transaction worth Rs 320 crore in India.
- The Rs 320-crore fund will support six domestic microfinance institutions Annapurna Finance, Arohan Financial Services, ASA International, Asirvad Microfinance, Chaitanya India, and Fusion Microfinance.
Appointments and Resignations
RBI deputy governor BP Kanungo retired
- Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Deputy Governor BP Kanungo has stepped down as his term ended on 2 April 2021. His term was set to expire in April 2020 but was given a one-year extension with effect from 3 April 2020.
- Kanungo joined the RBI in 1982 and was in charge of currency management, external investments, operations, payment, and settlement system, among others, during the four-year term as the deputy governor, which began in April 2017.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: (MK Jain, MD Patra, and M Rajeshwar Rao)
- Subsidiaries: Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (BRBNM)
Eduard Heger appointed as the Prime Minister of Slovakia
- Slovak President Zuzana Caputova appointed Eduard Heger as the new prime minister. Heger previously served as the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance in the cabinet of Igor Matovič. Igor Matovic who now became Finance Minister of Slovakia.
Virat Kohli appointed as the brand ambassador of Digit Insurance
- Digit Insurance has roped in cricketer Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador. Kohli was invested in Digit Insurance. The company aims to carry the message of ‘making insurance simple’ through the cricketer. He will also create awareness about the importance of Insurance across India.
Books and Authors
Vice President released a book titled ‘Neelimarani: My Mother, My Hero’ authored by Achyuta Samanta
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu released a book titled ‘Neelimarani: My mother, My hero’, at Raj Bhawan in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It is a biography of his late mother, Neelimarani. The Governor of Odisha, Ganeshi Lal, and Lok Sabha member, Achyuta Samanta were among those who were present at the event.
Awards and Recognitions
Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan received Kalinga Ratna Samman
- Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan received the Kalinga Ratna Samman for 2021. Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu conferred Biswabhusan with the prestigious award in Cuttack on the occasion of the 40th annual day of the Sarala Sahitya Sansad at the Sarala Bhawan.
- The Kalinga Ratna Samman carries a silver idol of Goddess Saraswati, a copper plaque, and a shawl.
Tashkent to host 2023 men’s boxing world championships
- The 2023 men’s boxing World Championships will be held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. International Boxing Association (AIBA) President Umar Kremlev confirmed Tashkent as the host city.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of April 3, 2021, now from the link given below.