Daily Current Affairs: April 30, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (April 30, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 completes four years
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 has successfully completed four years on 25 April 2022. This scheme was launched with the aim of bringing transformational changes in the processes of rural development on 25 April 2018.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is a flagship programme of the Union Education Ministry. This scheme aims to link the higher education institutions with a set of at least five villages so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of village communities using their knowledge base.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches the Global Patidar Business Summit in Surat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has virtually inaugurated the Global Patidar Business Summit in Surat, Gujarat.
- This three-day business summit was organised by Sardardham, an organisation that is devoted to the Patidar community in Gujarat. The two earlier editions of this summit were held in 2018 and 2020.
- This summit aims to bring together small, medium and large enterprises within the Patidar community, nurture and support new entrepreneurs and provide training and employment assistance to the educated youth.
Maharashtra approves India’s first Gene Bank Programme for biodiversity conservation
- Maharashtra’s Cabinet has approved India’s first-of-its-kind Gene Bank Programme in Maharashtra.
- This programme is aimed at conserving native biodiversity to ensure that natural resources are passed on to the next generation.
- Under this project, biodiversity, traditional knowledge and local community wisdom about conservation will be documented. It will also promote permanent biodiversity conservation and suggest measures on effects on food security due to climate change.
Union Minister Virendra Kumar launches the DACE Scheme in Uttar Pradesh
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment and Chairman of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation (DAF), Virendra Kumar has launched the Ambedkar Centres of Excellence (DACE) Scheme all over India from the Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi.
- Anandiben Patel, Governor of Uttar Pradesh, was the chief guest at the launch of this event.
- Under the DACE Scheme, a total of 100 seats will be sanctioned for coaching per centre for the Scheduled Caste candidates.
Russia withdraws from the UN World Tourism Organization amidst its war with Ukraine
- According to the UN World Tourism Organization, Russia has announced its intention to withdraw from the body ahead of a vote to suspend Moscow for its military offensive in Ukraine.
- This development comes amid the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine, which continues to date (as of 30 April 2022).
Banking and Economy
ICICI Bank launches India’s first ‘Open-For-All’ digital ecosystem for MSMEs in India
- ICICI Bank has launched India’s first ‘Open-For-All’ comprehensive digital ecosystem for all micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in India, offering a complete range of enhanced banking and value-added services in one place.
- This ‘Open-For-All’ digital ecosystem is supported by three pillars:
- Enhanced banking services for existing customers
- A variety of banking services to MSMEs, who are customers of other banks
- A wide range of added-value services for everyone
- The customers of other banks can also avail themselves of these services using this ecosystem.
SEBI cuts the listing time for REITs and InvITs from 12 days to six days
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has reduced the time taken for the allotment and listing of REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts) and InvITs (Infrastructure Investment Trusts) after the closure of the issue to six working days, against the current requirement of 12 working days.
- This new rule will be applicable to the public issues of REITs and InvITs, which will open on or after 01 June 2022.
Agreements and MoUs Signed
Optum Global Solutions ties up with IIIT Hyderabad to set up a studio for startups
- Optum Global Solutions, in association with the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad, has launched the Optum Startup Studio in India.
- This studio will identify innovative ideas and startups that can help accelerate developing solutions in the healthcare sector.
IIM Kozhikode inks an international MoU with AARDO to promote sustainable agriculture
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode has signed an international Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with AARDO to promote sustainable agriculture.
- This international MoU will bring regular interaction between officials of member countries with faculty members of IIM Kozhikode through different technical programmes.
Lt. Gen. B. S. Raju was appointed as the Vice Chief of the Army Staff
- The Army’s Director General of Military Operations, Gen. B. S. Raju was appointed as the next Vice Chief of the Army Staff. He will take over on 01 May 2022.
- The current Vice Chief of the Army Staff, Gen. Manoj Pande, is set to take over as the next Indian Army Chief on 30 April 2022 from incumbent General Manoj Naravane.
Ranks and Indices
India ranks 21st in the 2021 estimated crypto gains: Chainalysis Report
- According to the data released by crypto analytics firm Chainalysis, India ranked 21st in the 2021 estimated crypto gains.
- This report was topped by the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and China.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of April 30, 2022, now from the link given below.