DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 9, 10 & 11, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (April 9, 10 & 11, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – April 9, 10 & 11, 2020 now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
International Romani Day 2020: April 8
- The International Romani Day is observed on April 8 globally to raise awareness of the issues faced by Romani people and to celebrate Romani culture.
- The International Romani Day was officially declared at the fourth World Romani Congress of the International Romani Union (IRU) in Serock, Poland in 1990.
Smart Cities partner with medical practitioners to provide online consultation:
- According to the guidelines issued by MoHFW in collaboration with NITI Aayog, doctors can write prescriptions based on online consultation without the need for citizens to get out of their houses.
- This decision of collaboration was taken on the lines of guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) along with NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog and Indian Medical Council (ICM) to allow remote delivery of medical services during the lockdown period
- The city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat has been ranked as the top Smart City in India for its execution of smart projects in handling COVID-19 pandemic
- Urban areas are expected to contribute 75% of GDP by 2030.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
CSIR-CECRI partners with 3D Lycan for Face Shield:
- CSIR–Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI) at Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, has developed a series of lab-made Personal protective equipment (PPEs) to fight COVID-19 pandemic.
- CSIR-CECRI partnered with 3D Lycan, Bangalore company to increase the mass production of Face Shield.
- The PPEs prepared by CSIR-CECRI include Hand sanitizer solutions, as per the World Health Organization (WHO).
Larsen & Toubro gets big contract from Indian Army to install state-of-the-art IT enabled network:
- Smart World and Communication Business Unit (SW&C BU) of Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T), an Indian multinational conglomerate company.
- It has received a large order from the Indian Army to install state-of-the-art IT(Information Technology) based state-of-the-art systems, which will be used to operate the armed force network under the ‘Network of Spectrum (NFS)’.
ICCR launches unique Art competition, urges people worldwide to express their emotions:
- ICCR (Indian Council of Cultural Relations) with its focus on building cultural links with countries around the world and connecting people through Cultural and Educational exchanges and to express their emotions through this Art competition.
- ICCR President – Dr Vinay Sahasrabuddhe.
TRIFED collaborates with UNICEF to launch a digital campaign for Tribal Gatherers safety:
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) has partnered with United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) to ensure the tribal gatherers carry on their work safely.
- The partnership aims to develop a digital communication strategy for promoting a digital campaign for Self Help Groups (SHGs) to highlight the importance of Social Distancing.
Uttar Pradesh govt launches Annapurna, Supply Mitra portals for citizens’ food needs:
- Uttar Pradesh government launched two portals for the convenience of the people of the state. The Annapurna Portal will help people get the knowledge of food products and packets.
- Supply Mitra portal will provide free home delivery of eatables.
- Chief Minister:Yogi Adityanath
- Governor:Anandiben Patel
Indian Railways uses Timetabled Parcel Trains to boost supply chain:
- Indian Railways introduced “Timetabled Parcel Train services” for nationwide transportation of essential commodities and other goods. The move by the Railways is to boost the supply chain across the country amid the major lockdown.
- The unhindered services offered by Indian Railways are expected to boost the availability of vital goods required for ordinary citizens, industry, and agriculture.
NCL partners with BEL to speed up the manufacturing of Digital IR Thermometer:
- CSIR–National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) Pune, Maharashtra has designed and developed Digital IR Thermometer to held in the help in the mitigation of the Coronavirus outbreak.
- NCL has partnered with Bharat Electronics Ltd, Pune (BEL) to speed up the manufacture of the newly designed thermometer. Digital IR Thermometer.
Banking and Economy
Bank of Baroda launches four schemes for Agri Sector:
- To help borrowers in the agriculture sector Bank of Baroda has announced schemes where it will offer additional loans of up to ₹1 lakh to existing self-help group (SHG) borrowers and up to ₹50,000 to existing crop loan borrowers.
Additional Assurance to SHGs- COVID19
- Baroda Emergency Credit Line for Farmer Producer Organization (FPO/FPC)
- Baroda Special Scheme for existing Agriculture Investment Credit borrowers
- Baroda Special Scheme for existing BKCC borrowers impacted by COVID-19
- BoB is India’s 3rd largest Public Sector Bank.
HDFC Starts Mobile ATMs in Mumbai, Noida:
- HDFC Bank deployed Mobile ATMs in Mumbai, Noida to help customers during the lockdown. They will be open in each location for a specific period.
- HDFC CEO: Aditya Puri.
- Tagline: We understand your World.
World Trade to slump 13 – 32% in 2020:
- According to the World Trade Organisation, World Merchandise trade is set to decline 13-32% in 2020.
- Exports from North America, Asia hit the hardest. Goods trade volume already fell 0.1% in 2019 on trade tensions.
- WTO DG – Roberto Azevedo.
Goldman Sachs slashes India’s FY21 real GDP Growth forecast to 1.6%:
- The global research house has lowered its real GDP forecast to 1.6% from 3.3% earlier.
- It expects a strong economic recovery in the second half of FY21. It also expects a larger hit of up to 95% in recreation and hotel services.
- Goldman Sachs HQ: New York, US.
- CEO: David M Solomon.
Maha Prasad Adhikari appointed governor of Nepal Central Bank:
- India-educated Adhikari along with Keshav Prasad Bhattarai and Chintamani Siwakoti were chosen as candidates for the position of the Nepal Rastra Bank governor by the recommendation committee coordinated by Finance Minister Yubaraj Khatiwada.
- He is a former CEO of Nepal Investment Board & a CA from ICAI.
Bharti AXA Life Insurance appoints Parag Raja as MD & CEO:
- Leading private insurer Bharti AXA Life Insurance appointed Parag Raja as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, subject to the requisite IRDAI approval. Raja will succeed Vikas Seth.
- Parag was one of the founding members of Max Life Insurance.
Awards and Recognitions
Wisden Cricketers of the year 2020: Ben Stokes, Ellyse Perry bag top honours:
- Ben Stokes, who played a crucial role in WC last year is Wisden’s leading cricketer 2020 in the world. He is the 1st English player to win after Andrew Flintoff in 2005. Australian Ellyse Perry named the leading women cricketer.
- Before Stokes, Virat Kohli won the award three straight times.
- Wisden Five Cricketers of the Year: Pat Cummins, Ellyse Perry, Jofra Archer, Simon Harmer, Marnus Labuschagne.
- Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World: Ben Stokes.
- Wisden’s Leading T20 Cricketer: Andre Russell.
- Wisden Leading Woman Cricketer in the World: Ellyse Perry.
- Wisden-MCC Photograph of the Year: Ben Stokes at Headingley.
- Wisden Book of the Year: Cricket 2.0: Inside the T20 Revolution.
Former Real Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona coach Radomir Antic passed away at 71:
- Radomir Antic, Serbian football manager and player, the only man to have coached Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid, passed away at the age of 71 in Madrid, Spain.
- He was born on November 22, 1948 in Zitiste, Serbia.
CRPF Valour Day- April 9
- Every year, April 9 is being marked as CRPF Valour Day all over India. The day is also called “CRPF Shaurya Diwas”.
- A small contingent of the CRPF on April 9, 1965 fought against Pakistan in Rann of Kutch eliminating 34 Pakistan soldiers.
National Siblings Day- April 10
- National Siblings Day (also referred to as Sibling Day) is observed on April 10. It is a day created to honor our brothers and our sisters.
- Siblings are an important part of our lives. One cannot imagine his or her life without siblings. To honour our siblings, to show affection, to appreciate one another.
World Homoeopathy Day (WHD)-April 10:
- WHD is observed every year on 10 April to pay tribute to the founder and father of Homeopathy system of medicine Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann. The main aim of this day is to spread knowledge about Homeopathic medicine in public health.
- In fact from 10 April to 16 April World Homeopathy Week is celebrated annually which is organised by the World Homeopathy Awareness Organisation
Delhi Launches ‘Operation SHIELD’ across its containment zones:
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launched ‘Operation Shield’, a strategy involving sealing, isolation and tracing to contain the spread of the virus.
- SHIELD – Sealing; Home-Quarantine; Isolation; Essential Supplies; Local Sanitation; Door to Door Checking.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
IndiGrid to acquire Sterlite Power’s asset for ₹1,050 crore:
India Grid Trus (IndiGrid) is acquiring a transmission asset from Sterlite Power for ₹1,050 crores. IndiGrid is one of India’s two listed Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT).
- CEO of IndiGrid: Harsh Shah.
- Headquartes: Mumbai.
Madhya Pradesh railways designs mobile doctor booth called ‘CHARAK’ for zero-contact check-ups:
- West Central Railway’s Coach Rehabilitation Workshop (CRWS) in Madhya Pradesh’s (MP) Bhopal city has created a mobile doctor booth called “CHARAK” to eliminate the possibility of physical contact between the doctor and the coronavirus (COVID-19) infected patient.
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- Union Minister– Piyush Goyal.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Government of India launches a training module for management of COVID-19 named ‘Integrated Government Online training’ (iGOT) portal on DIKSHA platform of MHRD:
- Centre under Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has launched 1st of its kind Integrated Government Online Training (iGOT) e- learning portal on Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing (DIKSHA) platform of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to enhance capacity building of front line workers to effectively manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
Indian Robotics Solution launches Corona Combat Drone to fight COVID-19:
- To aid the Delhi Government, Indian Robotics has come up with a Corona Combat Drone (CCD) that can sanitize large congested slums and colonies within a short duration. Sagar Gupta Naugriya is the founder of Indian Robotics Solution.
- The company is based in Delhi.
Forbes Publishes 34th Annual List Of Global Billionaires:
- Forbes published the 34th annual list of Global Billionaires 2020 which topped Amazon Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jeff Bezos for the 3rd time, followed by Microsoft co- founder and chairman of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Bill Gates.
- The chairman & managing director of Reliance Industries Mukesh Ambani (17th) topped the Indian list, followed by The founder of Avenue Supermarts Radhakishan Damani & family (65th).
COVID-19 risked 400 mn Indian workers to face poverty: ILO Monitor 2nd edition Report:
- The impact of COVID-19 is gaining momentum on the negative front. In order to prevent coronavirus spread and to save lives our Indian economy has put lockdown in the whole nation which is adversely affecting the market and labour specially in the unorganized sectors.
- Recently the International Labour Organization (ILO) has released a report titled ‘ILO Monitor 2nd edition: COVID-19 and the world of work- Updated estimates and analysis’ which has also stated that about 400 million people working in the informal economy in India are at risk of falling deeper into poverty due to the coronavirus crisis.
Hindustan Unilever Limited partners with UNICEF to support India’s fight against COVID-19:
- Hindustan Unilever Limited collaborated with UNICEF for a mass media campaign titled #BreakTheChain or #VirusKiKadiTodo.
- It brings together the marketing expertise and scale of HUL & the technical knowledge of UNICEF to create engaging communication tools to help people.
- Based on 3 themes: social distancing, handwashing & generosity.
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF):
- Headquarters– New York, United States
- Executive Director– Henrietta Holsman Fore
Banking and Economy
India’s GDP for FY21 to be hit by COVID-19, projected at 4.8%: UN
- India’s GDP growth for the current fiscal is expected to slow down to 4.8%, according to a UN report UN Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2020: Towards Sustainable Economies.
- UN Head Quarters: New York, US.
Inflation may drop to 2.4% in FY21: RBI
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) based inflation is tentatively projected to ease from 4.8% to 2.4% in the 4th quarter, according to RBI’s Monetary Policy Report for the fiscal.
- It pointed that the nation-wide curb could bring down aggregate demand drastically.
Under the RBI Act, the MPC should at least meet 4 times a year.
IndiGo Enters Brand Finance Top 50 Airlines List:
- IndiGo has been recognised as one of the most valuable and strongest airlines as per the Brand Finance Airlines 50 report for 2020. It is ranked 43 as it entered the list for the first time. IndiGo is the only airline from India.
- IndiGo CEO: Rahul Bhatia.
- IndiGo HO: Gurugram.
Science and Technology
Biofortified carrot variety developed by farmer scientist benefits local farmers:
- Madhuban Gajar, a biofortified carrot variety with high β-carotene and iron content developed by Vallabhhai Vasrambhai Marvaniya, a farmer in Gujarat. It is a highly nutritious carrot variety.
- Marvaniya was conferred with National Award & Padma Shri.
CSIR- National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) Pune ties up with Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) for production of medical devices:
- CSIR NCL & BEL collaborated to form Digital IR Thermometer & Oxygen Enrichment Unit to mitigate the pandemic.
- NCL’s incubatee BMEK headed by Mr Pratik Kulkarni developed handheld digital thermometer. OEUs been developed by CSIR-NCL and Genrich Membranes.
- DG CSIR – Shekhar Mande.
- Chairman & MD BEL – M V Gowtama.
Indian Immunologicals ties up with Australian university to develop vaccine for Coronavirus:
- Hyderabad- based Indian Immunologicals Limited (IIL), a subsidiary of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), has inked agreement with Australia’s Griffith University to develop a Live Attenuated SARS CoV-2 Vaccine or COVID- 19 vaccine using the latest codon de-optimisation technology.
Lifeline Udan: 240 tonnes of medical supplies flown across country during Covid-19 lockdown:
- Lifeline Udan initiative,167 flights have transported over 248 tonnes of essential medical supplies across the country during lockdown.
- Air India and Indian Air Force collaborated primarily for Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, North-East and other island region.
- Civil Aviation Minister: Hardeep Singh Puri.
IFFCO Tokio Insurance names Anamika Roy Rashtrawar MD & CEO:
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance appointed Anamika Roy Rashtrawar its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. She replaces Warendra Sinha.
- She is the first woman to head a large private sector general insurance company in India.
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance:
- Headquarters– Gurugram, Haryana.
- Chairman– Mr. K. Srinivasa Gowda.
Awards and Recognitions
Tata Power bags Edison Award for social innovation:
- Tata Power has been conferred with the Edison Award under social innovation category and social energy solutions sub-category. The Edison Awards, named after Thomas Alva Edison, recognises and honours the world’s best innovations and innovators.
- It was awarded for ‘Club Enerji #Switchoff2SwitchOn’ campaign.
Books & authors
American reporter Mary Jordan authors a book- ‘The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump’:
- Pulitzer Prize-winning American reporter for The Washington Post, Mary Jordan has written a book titled ‘The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump’.
- It is published by Simon & Schuster and is to be released on June 16, 2020.
Actor Jim Carrey & writer Dana Vachon authored a novel “Memoirs and Misinformation”:
- Canadian American comedian & actor Jim Carrey and writer Dana Vachon authored a novel “Memoirs and Misinformation” a fearless and semi-autobiographical novel about the reconstruction of personality.
- It is published by Alfred A Knopf, publishing house & will be published on May 2020.
The Book titled ‘The Wizenard Series: Season One’- created by Kobe Bryant & authored by Wesley King:
- The book ‘The Wizenard Series: Season One’ is created by American Basket baller Kobe Bryant & authored by Wesley King tops the New York Times’ middle-grade hardcover list, which is to be released on April 19, 2020.
- It is published by Kobe Bryant’s Granity Studios.
John Prine, US folk and country songwriter, dies:
- John Prine, the US folk and country singer has died due to complications from COVID-19. Prine won two Grammy Awards from 11 nominations and was also given a lifetime achievement award at the 2020 ceremony.
- In 2016 he recorded a duets album “For Better, or Worse”.
Italian Olympic 800m finalist Donato Sabia dies of coronavirus aged 56:
- The Italian former middle-distance runner Donato Sabia has died from COVID-19 at the age of 56, the Italian Olympic Committee (Coni) has announced.
- Sabia reached the 800m Olympic final twice.
- He is the 1st Olympic finalist in the world to die from virus.
National Safe Motherhood Day observed 11 April:
- National Safe Motherhood Day is observed on April 11 every year. National Safe Motherhood Day is an initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI), to enforce that women must have the availability and adequate access to care during pregnancy childbirth and postnatal services.
National Pet Day is celebrated on 11 April:
- National Pet Day is celebrated on 11 April every year. The day encourages people to help reduce the number of animals in shelters. On this day, the pet owners celebrate their animal companion.
Mumbai first city in India to make face masks a must in public:
- As community transmission of coronavirus has begun in Mumbai local civic body -Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) -issued a circular making three-ply or cloth mask a must if they are venturing out for any purpose in the city.
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation chief Praveen Pardeshi.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Government disburses ₹15,841 cr to 7.92 cr farmers under PM-KISAN during lockdown:
- Government has disbursed the 1st instalment of ₹15,841 cr. to 7.92 cr. farmers under the PM-KISAN scheme, since March 24 ,to curb COVID-19.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme, the Centre transfers an amount of ₹6,000/yr, in 3 equal instalments.
- PM-KISAN Scheme completed one year on February 24, 2020.
Centre launched Aarogya Setu IVRS for non-smart phones in collaboration with TN govt and IIT-Madras:
- After the launch of Aarogya Setu app to tackle COVID-19 impact, now Centre government in partnership with Tamil Nadu government and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has launched its complementary initiative named “Aarogya Setu Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)”.
- It is launched by TN Chief Minister (CM) Edappadi Karuppa Palaniswami and Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- Chief Minister:Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit
Government of India approved Rs.15000 cr for COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package:
- Indian Government has approved Rs.15000 crores for ‘India COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package’ to build health infrastructure in states and UTs till March 2024.
- Of the 15,000 crore, Centre would release Rs.7,774 crore for immediate COVID-19 Emergency Response use till June 2020 and the rest will be set for medium-term support of 1-4 years.
MHA issues 5th Addendum to exempt Operations of Marine Fishing/Aquaculture Industry and its Workers:
- MHA issued an addendum to the consolidated guidelines. The 5th addendum exempts from lockdown restrictions the operations of the Fishing (Marine)/Aquaculture Industry, including feeding and maintenance, harvesting, processing etc.,
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) In-charge-: Amit Shah.
HRD Ministry launches week long Bharat Padhe Online campaign:
- HRD Ministry launched a week long Bharat Padhe Online campaign for crowd sourcing of ideas in New Delhi for improving online education ecosystem .
- Educators across the country can come forward to contribute with their expertise in the field of education.
- Human Resources Development Minister- Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
Flipkart partners with ICICI lombard & Go Digit to offer two COVID-19 health insurance policies:
- Flipkart Private Limited, an e-commerce marketplace in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited and Go Digit General Insurance, has launched two health insurance policies namely – ‘Covid-19 Protection Cover’ & ‘Digit Illness Group Insurance’ that specifically cover coronavirus (COVID-19) on its platform.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan participates in G20 Extraordinary Energy Ministers’ virtual meeting:
- Minister Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the G20 Extraordinary Energy Ministers’ virtual Meeting. The meeting was attended by Energy Ministers of G20 countries, guest countries and heads of international organizations including OPEC, IEA and IEF.
- Meeting chaired by-Saudi Arabia Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz.
Ordnance Factory Board develops cost-effective solution for isolation wards:
- Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) has developed a cost-effective solution for isolation wards, Fumigation Chamber, Hand sanitizers and face masks as a measure to fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
- OFB’s measures: Two-Bed Tents: The two-bed tents are fitted with medical equipment for screening, isolation, and quarantine.
Apple acquires Dark Sky weather app
- Apple has acquired the Dark Sky, a weather app , which states about the time of rain, its iPhone Operating System (iOS) app which costs USD 3.99 will not be modified, and does not allow the users to download it.
- Its Application Programming Interface (API) service will not accept new signups & will continue to function through the end of 2021, it has also updated its branding on its website as ‘Dark Sky by Apple’.
ADB assures $2.2 bn support package to India for COVID-19 response:
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) assured USD 2.2 billion (about Rs 16,500 crore) in immediate assistance to the health sector and to help alleviate the economic impact of the pandemic on the poor informal workers; MSMEs and the financial sector.
Asian Development Bank:
- Founded- 19 December 1966
- Headquarters- Mandaluyong, Philippines.
- President- Masatsugu Asakawa.
Banking and Economy
Bank credit growth slumps to 5-decade low of 6.14% in FY20:
- According to RBI data, Bank credit growth decelerated to an over five-decade low of 6.14 percent in the fiscal ended March 31, 2020, amid a faltering economy, lower demand and risk aversion among banks. Earlier in 1962 loans had grown by 5.38 percent.
- It was slowest since the fiscal ended March 1962.
Foreign exchange reserves decline $902 mn to $474.66 bn:
- According to RBI data, The country’s foreign exchange reserves declined by $902 million to $ 474.66 billion in a week,due to a fall in foreign currency assets.During 2020-21, the country’s foreign exchange reserves have risen by almost $62 billion.
- The gold reserve also declined by $340 million to $30.55 billion.
CPI inflation likely to ease from 4.8% in Q1 to 4.4% in Q2:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its monetary policy report (MPR) has projected Consumer price index (CPI) based inflation to decline from 4.8% in Q1: 2020-21 to 4.4% in Q2, 2.7% in Q3 and 2.4% in Q4.
- This MPR is a part of the out-of-turn review of monetary policy held in March end due to uncertainties arising from the economic lockdown.
Science and Technology
Bharat Biotech ties-up with FluGen & US virologists to develop intranasal vaccine for coronavirus ‘CoroFlu’:
- In view of increasing Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases rapidly worldwide, Bharat Biotech International Ltd, a leading vaccines & bio-therapeutics manufacturers in India.
- India has joined hands with US (United States) FluGen Inc and virologists at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in Wisconsin,US , to begin the development and testing of a new intranasal vaccine for COVID-19 called ‘CoroFlu’.
IMF Appointed Raghuram Rajan to Key Advisory Panel:
- IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva named former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan & 11 others to her external advisory group to provide perspectives from around the globe on key developments and policy issues, including responses to the exceptional challenges due to corona virus.
International Monetary Fund (IMF):
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva.
AU Small Finance Bank appoints R V Verma as part-time chairman and Sanjay Agarwal re-appointed as MD and CEO:
- Raj Vikash Verma was appointed as part-time Chairman of AU Small Finance Bank for the period of one year where as Sanjay Agarwal reappointed as Managing Director (MD) and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the AU Small Finance Bank.
- The appointment was approved by RBI (Reserve Bank of India).
AU Small Finance Bank:
- Headquarters– Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Tagline– Chalo Aage Badhe.
Former Miss World Manushi Chhillar raises awareness on coronavirus with UNICEF:
- Manushi Chhillar joined hands with the (UNICEF) to raise awareness about the novel coronavirus.
- She is a part of UNICEF’s initiative to make my fellow citizens aware of the tremendous threat that exists if they decide to step outside their homes.
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF):
- Headquarters: New York, United States.
Indian-American veteran journalist Brahm Kanchibotla passed away at 66:
- Indian-American veteran journalist Brahm Kanchibotla passed away at 66 due to coronavirus in a hospital on Long Island in New York, United States(US).
Padma Shri Classical Singer Shanti Hiranand passes away at 87:
- Shanti Hiranand Chawla, a well-known classical music singer and Padma Shri recipient passed away.was very well-known within the area of classical music.
- Apart from music, Shanti Hiranand additionally earned quite a lot of identify in Ghazal.
Veteran Congman RK Dwivedi passes away:
- Freedom fighter and veteran Congress leader Ram Krishna Dwivedi passed away.
- The 88-year-old leader served as minister of state for home in the Congress government in Uttar Pradesh.
Indian football team static at 108th position in FIFA’s ranking 2020:
- According to the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association)/Coca-Cola World Ranking 2020, released on April 09, 2020, Indian football team retained its 108th position with 1187 points.
- While Belgium ranked first and world champion France is in 2nd place and Brazil is at 3rd spot.
FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association):
- Motto– For the Game. For the World
- Headquarters– Zürich, Switzerland
- President– Gianni Infantino
World Athletics suspends Olympic qualification period until December,2020:
- World Athletics suspended the qualification period for the Tokyo Olympics until December 2020 in wake of the fast-spreading COVID-19 pandemic following consultation with its Athletes’ Commission, Area Presidents and Council.
- HQs: Monaco;
- Membership: 214 member federations.
- President– Sebastian Coe
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.