DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 13 , 2019
Daily Current Affairs (April 13, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Release of PM Modi biopic deferred till further orders from EC:
India’s Electoral Commission has issued an order to ban display of any biopic or publicity material during Manual Code of Conduct, which could sub serve the purposes of any political entity or any individual entity connected to it.
- Election Commission’s order under Article 324 that prohibits display/exhibit any biopic/publicity material when Model Code of Conduct is in force.
- The ban was concerned with the biopic film on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
IMO’s new rule on electronic information exchange between ships and ports comes into force:
- A new global rule mandated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) for national governments to introduce electronic information exchange between ships and ports took effect.
- The requirement, mandatory under IMO’s Convention on Facilitation of International Maritime Traffic (FAL Convention), is part of a package of amendments under the revised Annex to the FAL Convention, adopted in 2016.
India, Netherlands agree to boost bilateral ties:
- India and the Netherlands has reviewed bilateral cooperation in various fields, including political, economic and cultural ties, and deliberated on regional and multilateral issues, including cooperation at United Nations and other international fora.
- The Indian delegation was led by A. Gitesh Sarma, Secretary (West), Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and the Dutch side was led by Johanna (Yoka) Brandt, Secretary General, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Capital: Amsterdam; Currencies: Euro, United States Dollar.
BANKING & BUSINESS
Paisalo Digital signs first co-origination loan agreement with SBI:
- Paisalo Digital signed the first co-origination loan agreement with State Bank of India, the first agreement of its kind in the country that State Bank of India has signed.
- Introducing a platform for the last mile customer, the loan ticket is designed at Rs.10,000 to 2 lakh. The company expects to disburse 200,000 loan applications in FY20.
Banks close FY19 with 13.24% credit growth, deposits up 10.03%:
- According to the Reserve Bank data released, bank credit rose 13.24 percent to Rs 97.67 lakh crore for the fortnight to March 29, while deposits grew by 10.03 percent to Rs 125.72 lakh crore during the same period.
- This is the second consecutive double-digits credit growth after the same had declined to 4.54 percent in FY17 at Rs 78.41 lakh crore, which was the lowest since 1963.
TCS, Google partner to build industry-specific cloud solutions:
- Tata Consultancy Services has partnered with Google Cloud to build industry-specific cloud solutions.
- TCS’ solutions on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) will help enterprises build secure, cloud-native analytics platforms that enable high levels of personalization, and are cost effective, easy to maintain, and future ready.
REPORTS/ RANKING BY VARIOUS ORGANISATIONS
Varanasi’s air quality ‘deteriorating’, Delhi victim of ‘negligence’: Report
- The air quality in Varanasi, is ranked third on the WHO’s list of 15 most polluted cities and the situation is “deteriorating” as its MP has focused on beautification and infrastructure, a Delhi-based environment body claimed. Faridabad in Haryana is in 2nd position after Kanpur.
- Delhi is ranked sixth on the list and there has been “laziness” on part of its elected caretakers in tackling air pollution in the city, the ‘Political Leaders Position and Action on Air Quality in India 2014-2019’ report, released by Climate Trends.
- The Air Quality Index (AQI) in Varanasi reached an alarming 490 in 2017 and 384 very poor category in December 2018, the report claimed.
- An AQI between 0 and 50 is considered “good”, 51 and 100 “satisfactory”, 101 and 200 “moderate”, 201 and 300 “poor”, 301 and 400 “very poor”, and 401 and 500 “severe”, as per pollution control authorities.
HDFC Bank ranked No. 1 in India by Forbes; Surprise at No. 3; SBI not in top 10:
- As per the first edition of Forbes World’s Best Bank survey, HDFC Bank has been recognized as number 1 bank by customers in India. Forbes partnered with market research firm Statista to measure the best banks in 23 countries.
- ICICI Bank took the second spot and DBS bank grabbed the third position, followed by Kotak Mahindra Bank and IDFC Bank which are at the fourth and fifth spot. Also, the public sector banks like Syndicate Bank, PNB, Allahabad Bank, Vijaya Bank, and Axis Bank were in the top 10.
Hong Kong Overtakes Japan as World’s Third Largest Stock Market:
- The Hong Kong city’s equity market has overtaken Japan to be the world’s third largest in value, behind only the U.S. and mainland China, Hong Kong courtesy of a rebound in stocks after their worst year since 2011.
- Hong Kong’s market cap was $5.78 trillion, compared with $5.76 trillion for Japan, according to data compiled by Bloomberg based on where primary securities are listed.
- The Asian city’s Hang Seng Index climbed 17 percent this year through, when it closed at its highest since June 15.
AWARDS & HONOURS
GIC India chief awarded Freedom of the City of London:
- The Chairman and Managing Director of the General Insurance Corporation (GIC) of India Alice G. Vaidyan, the country’s reinsurance major, has been awarded the Freedom of the City of London in recognition of her work to promote insurance ties between India and the UK.
- Alice G. Vaidyan, in London to attend the first India-UK Insurance Summit, was nominated for the traditional honour by the Lord Mayor of London, Peter Estlin, and City of London Corporation Policy Chair Catherine McGuinness.
Indonesian Nuraeni named best athletic coach in Asia this year:
- Indonesian Eni Nuraeni was named by Asian Athletic Association (AAA) as the best athletic coach in Asia for short-haul run category this year, Indonesian athletic sports association (PB PASI).
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL