DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : AUG 1, 2020
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Aug 1, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Aug 1 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz : Aug 1, 2020 now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
Telangana launches iMASQ mobile covid-19 testing centers:
- Telangana government rolled out mobile covid-19 testing centers in containment zones and low-income group residential areas across the state. Buses are built with “Intelligent Monitoring Analysis Services Quarantine”(iMASQ) technology by Vera Smart Healthcare.
- Chief Minister:K. Chandrashekar Rao
- National Parks(NP):KasuBrahmananda Reddy NP, Mahaveer Harina NP, Mrugavani NP.
Piyush Goyal Inaugurates CII National Digital Conference on “Easing Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat”:
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the National Digital Conference on “Easing Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat” organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with the Department for Promotion of Investment and Internal Trade (DPIIT) to improve the business environment of India.
Prakash Javadekar participates in 6th BRICS Environment Ministers’ Meeting:
- Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar participated in the 6th BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting under the presidency of Russia along with the Environment minister of Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa over a virtual platform from New Delhi. India will assume the BRICS Presidency in 2021.
Kerala plans to provide tap connections to all rural households by 2023:
- Kerala government has planned to provide tap connections to every rural household by 2023. Out of total 67.15 lakh rural households, the state is making efforts to achieve the target of 21.42 lakh FHTCs in 2020-21.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
Banking and Economy
SIDBI and TransUnion CIBIL launch knowledge platform MSMESaksham:
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) in association with TransUnion CIBIL has launched MSMESaksham, to support the revival of India’s economy and strengthen Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). It is a comprehensive financial education and knowledge platform for MSMEs.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Launches ‘Kona Kona Umeed’ a Two-Month Campaign with Offers and Discounts:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a special two-month campaign, ‘Kona Kona Umeed’ with offers and discounts across its suite of products to make banking and shopping more rewarding for the customers so as to boost consumer demand and lift people’s enthusiasm during this pandemic situation.
Paisabazaar.com launches Paisabazaar Stack for digital lending solutions:
- With this a large section of Paisabazaar customers would be able to access credit more rapidly from their homes, with no physical interaction. Digital Stack integrations with banks & NBFCs will provide unsecured loans within 3-5 hrs as against 3-7 days.
Craft Silicon and PayU announce strategic tie-up to advance digital loan repayment:
- A global financial software solution provider Craft Silicon has entered into a strategic partnership with PayU, India’s online payment solutions provider to innovate and accelerate the digital loan repayment solutions for small finance banks, micro-lending institutions and Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
MobiKwik launches personal UPI payment link mpay.me:
- Digital wallet company, MobiKwik has launched “mpay.me” UPI link service that allows users to send and receive money from any UPI payment app. This single link created using mpay.me can be shared anywhere to send and receive money and will work seamlessly on mobile as well as desktop.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Reliance Power and JERA sign loan deed for full financing of gas-fired thermal power project in Bangladesh:
- Reliance Power has now signed a loan agreement for full financing totaling $642 million with a group of banks that includes the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC). The project company agreed an EPC contract with Samsung C&T in July 2020.
Ivory Coast defence minister Hamed Bakayoko Appointed as new prime minister:
- Republic of Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara has appointed Defence Minister Hamed Bakayoko as Prime Minister(PM) after acting as an interim PM since the sudden death of Amadou Gon Coulibaly. Hamed Bakayoko will also hold his position as Defence Minister.
Great Eastern Shipping appoints former RBI Governor Urjit Patel as additional director:
- Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd has appointed former RBI Governor Urjit Patel as an additional and independent director for a term of five years. Patel served as the 24th governor of the Reserve Bank of India from September 2016 to December 2018.
Rajnish Verma appointed as Commandant of Air Force Administrative College in Coimbatore:
- Air Commodore Rajnish Verma assumed office as the Commandant of Air Force Administrative College (AFAC), Coimbatore. He took the charge from Air Commodore R. Menon, who assumed charge of AFAC in May 2018 and retired after completing 33 years of service.
Awards and Recognitions:
Virender Sehwag and Sardar Singh in 12-member selection panel for National Sports Awards:
- Former India cricketer Virender Sehwag and hockey stalwart Sardar Singh were included in a 12-member committee constituted by the sports ministry to select this year’s National Sports Awards winners.
- The other members of the committee include former table tennis player Monalisa Baruah Mehta, boxer Venkatesan Devarajan as well as Paralympic silver-medallist Deepa Malik, Sports commentator Manish Batavia and journalists Alok Sinha and Neeru Bhatia.
Padma Shri awardee Sonam Tshering Lepcha dies at 92:
- Folk Musician, composer, Lyricist and Padmashree awardee Sonam Tshering Lepcha passed away at the age 92, at Kalimpong, West Bengal due to old age ailments. He was born on 3rd January, 1928 at Bong Busty, Kalimpong, West Bengal.
Malayalam Actor Anil Murali passed away at 51:
- Veteran Malayalam actor Anil Murali has acted in more than 200 movies in Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu, passed away at the age of 51 at the hospital in Kochi, Kerala where he was admitted due to liver ailments on 22nd July 2020. He hails from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Daily Current Affairs Quiz : Aug 1, 2020
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
Aspirants can get the test packages from our Official Bankersdaily Store (https://bankersdaily.testpress.in)
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
how can i get the daily current affairs in tamil frm this bankersdaily app