DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Aug 25, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Aug 25 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Government announces Tax exemptions for businesses with annual turnover of up to Rs 40 lakh:
- According to the Ministry of Finance businesses with an annual turnover of up to Rs 40 Lakh are GST exempt. Initially, this limit was Rs 20 Lakh. Additionally, those with a turnover up to Rs 1.5 crore can opt for the Composition Scheme and pay only 1% tax.
Government launches ‘Open API Service’ in Aarogya Setu app:
- The team handling Aarogya Setu has introduced Open API Service to help the people, businesses and the economy to return to normalcy. This can be availed by organizations and business entities, who are registered in India with more than 50 employees.
Validity of Motor Vehicle documents extended till December 31, 2020:
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has decided to extend the validity of Fitness, Permits, Licenses, Registration or other documents under Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 till the 31st of December 2020.
Central Government constitutes National Council for Transgender Persons:
- Under section 16 of Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act 2019, National Council for Transgender Persons is constituted. Social Justice and Empowerment Minister to be the ex-officio Chairperson & Minister of State to be ex-officio ViceChairperson.
India’s Longest River Ropeway Over Brahmaputra Opens In Guwahati:
- India’s longest river ropeway connecting north and south banks of Brahmaputra river was inaugurated in Guwahati. The 2-km long ropeway built at a cost of Rs 56 crore is for the first time ropeway towers were made deep inside the bed of India’s major river.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: SarbanandaSonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park or Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park.
Delhi government launches campaign for registration of construction workers:
- Delhi government launched Niraman Mazdoor Registration Abhiyan, under which a mega registration campaign will be held for construction workers from August 24 to September 11.
- Delhi Employment and Labour Minister Gopal Rai said that the government will set up camps at 70 schools for registration of construction labourers at all the 70 assembly constituencies.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Himachal Pradesh government signs ₹110 crore MoU for setting up electronics manufacturing unit in Baddi:
- Himachal Pradesh Government signed an MoU worth ₹ 110 crores with Micro Tek New Technologies Private Ltd for setting up a manufacturing unit of thermometers, online/offline UPS, high capacity invertors, oximeters and other electrical products in Solan.
- Chief Minister:Jai Ram Thakur
Kerala’s first-ever Dragonfly Festival to be held soon:
- WWF-India State unit joined hands with Society for Odonate Studies (SOS) and Thumbipuranam for the first-ever State Dragonfly Festival in Kerala, christened Thumbi Mahotsavam2020.
- Dragonfly backyard watch is announced to enhance the participation of people. Pantalu is the MASCOT of the festival.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
3 day Nuakhai festival celebrated in western parts of Odisha:
- Nuakhai is a festival observed in Odisha to celebrate the reaping of new crops. Nuakhai is celebrated in western Odisha and some parts of Chhattisgarh as a harvest festival.
- People of western Odisha worship their presiding deity on Nuakhai as a mark of gratitude for a bumper crop, good rain and favourable farming weather.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
Odisha introduces scheme to promote bio-floc fish farming technology:
- Fisheries & Animal Resources Department of Odisha Government rolled out a new scheme to promote intensive Aquaculture through bio-floc technology in fisheries. It aims to support fish farmers & young entrepreneurs for generation of income and livelihood support.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
India, Uzbekistan hold first meeting of the National Coordination Committee:
- India and Uzbekistan held their first meeting of the National Coordination Committee for monitoring implementation of mutually agreed projects between India and Uzbekistan.
- It was held under the co-chairmanship of Minister of State for External Affairs, Muraleedharan and Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Investments and Foreign Trade of Uzbekistan, Sardor Umurzakov.
AIIB and India sign agreement of USD 500 million for Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III:
- Maharashtra government and Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation has signed a loan agreement of USD 500 million dollars with the Asian Infrastructure Investment bank (AIIB) for Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III.
- The project aims at improving the service quality, network capacity and safety of the suburban railway system in Mumbai.
Banking and Economy
NABARD launches credit guarantee programme for NBFC-MFIs:
- NABARD introduced dedicated debt & credit guarantee product to ensure flow of credit. Product Structured Finance & Partial Guarantee Programme to NBFC-MFIs provides partial guarantee on pooled loans extended to small & mid-sized micro finance institutions.
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD):
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Formation: July 12, 1982
- Chairman: Chintala Govinda Rajulu
Paytm Payments Bank enables banking services through Aadhaar cards:
- Paytm Payments Bank (PPBL) enabled banking services through Aadhaar by integrating with AePS. Customers can access to basic banking services such as cash withdrawal, balance enquiry, etc., via business correspondent of any banking & financial institution.
Acquisitions and Mergers
CMIA partners with UNDP to set up help desk for MSMEs:
- Chamber of Marathwada Industries and Agriculture (CMIA) has joined hands with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to set up a help desk which will provide support to MSMEs. It will support MSMEs through in-person & telephonic consultation.
Tech Mahindra and Niti Aayog’s WEP partner to support women entrepreneurs in India:
- IT services major Tech Mahindra has collaborated with the Niti Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) to support women entrepreneurs across the country.
- Tech Mahindra will provide mentorship, co-create solutions leveraging new-age technologies and support in developing a go-to-market strategy.
Science and Technology
Indian Air Force launches ‘My IAF’ App for aspirants:
- Indian Air Force (IAF) Chief Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria launched the ‘My IAF’ mobile app. The My IAF app was launched as a part of the ‘Digital India’ initiative on August 24, 2020.
- The app will provide career-related information to all those aspirants who wish to join the Indian Air Force and make a career in it.
IIT Bombay and Shiv Nadar researchers develop environment friendly lithium batteries:
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay and Shiv Nadar University claim to have developed a technology for production of environment friendly Lithium-Sulfur (Li-S) batteries which will be three times more energy efficient and cost effective than Lithium-ion batteries commonly used at present.
Google Launches ‘The Anywhere School’ to Boost Online Learning:
- Google launched ‘The Anywhere School’ initiative in more than 250 countries around the world. The initiative is expected to benefit millions of students who have switched to learning from home, due to the pandemic.
Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary Commissions Indian Coast Guard Ship C-449:
- Indian Coast Guard Ship C-449 was commissioned in Chennai by Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary Shanmugam. The ship is the Forty Ninth Interceptor Boat of the series, which are indigenously built and designed by M/s Larsen and Toubro Ltd, Hazira (Surat).
Awards and Recognitions
Wabag Wins Prestigious Global Water Award For Project In Chennai:
- Water technology major Va Tech Wabag has won the prestigious Global Water Award for its 45 million litres a day Tertiary Treatment Reverse Osmosis (TTRO) plant at Koyambedu in Chennai.
- The plant bagged the distinction award under ‘Wastewater Project Of The Year’.
NLCIL bags “Swachhta Hi Seva award” for transforming Neyveli Township:
- Government of India Navratna, NLC India Limited (NLCIL) has bagged the award for making an extremely valuable contribution in the implementation of the “Swachhta Hi Seva Programme”.
- Rakesh Kumar, CMD of NLCIL hailing the efforts of NLCIL in transforming the entire Neyveli into a plastic-free, clean and green campus, and announcing the “Swachhta Hi Seva 2019”
Books & Authors
Garuda Prakashan to publish book on “Delhi riots : The Untold Story” authored by Monika Arora
- Garuda Prakashan will publish “Delhi Riots 2020: The Untold Story”, a day after Bloomsbury India announced withdrawing the upcoming book following outrage over a virtual pre-publication launch event featuring BJP leader Kapil Mishra.
Australian all-rounder Cameron White announces retirement from all professional cricket:
- Australian all-rounder Cameron White has announced his retirement from all forms of professional cricket. The 37 year-old Australian player will however, continue to play at the Premier Cricket level as the captain of the Melbourne Cricket Club.
- He played 91 ODIs scoring 2,072 runs. In T20 Internationals, he scored 984 runs from 47 matches, while he played four Tests for Australia, scoring 146 runs.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.