DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Aug 6, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Aug 6 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Hiroshima Day- August 6:
- Hiroshima Day was observed on August 6. On August 6, 1945, the US becomes the first and only nation to use atomic weaponry during wartime when it drops an atomic bomb known as ‘Little Boy’ on the Japanese city of Hiroshima. The dropping of the atomic bomb on Japan marked the end of World War II.
Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chairs 1st General Council meeting of Khelo India Scheme:
- Kiren Rijiju urged the states to organize State-level Khelo India Games annually with an effort to identify a larger number of grassroots-level & spoke of the 5 zonal talent scouting committees that are being planned for East, West, North, South & North East India.
Andhra Government Inks MoU With Indian School of Business To Drive Economic Growth:
- Andhra Pradesh Government virtually signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) through the Economic Development Board, with the Hyderabad-based Indian School of Business (ISB) in order to work with various economic departments in the state.
- The MoU was signed by Chief Executive (CEO) of Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board, J V N Subramanyam and ISB Dean Rajendra Srivastava.
- Capital: Amaravati
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
- Folk dances: Kuchipudi, Vilasini Natyam, Bhamakalpam, Veeranatyam.
- National Park: Sri Venkateswara National Park ,Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda National Park.
Haryana Minister Anil Vij Launches “Works Management System” Web Portal to its ULBs:
- Haryana’s Urban local bodies and Home Minister Anil Vij launched the first of its kind “Works Management System” a web-based, paperless and centralized web portal for the management and monitoring of the development works in the Urban Local Bodies(ULB) in Haryana.
- Chief Minister:Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor:Satyadev Narayan Arya
- National Parks(NP):Sultanpur NP, Kalesar NP
- Dance:Phag, Dhamal, Loor, Khoria.
Indira Rasoi Yojana to start in Rajasthan from August 20:
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot directed officials to start the Indira Rasoi Yojana in urban areas of Rajasthan from August 20. The scheme, named after former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- The state government would spend Rs 100 crore per year on it. The poor would get quality nutritious food for just Rs 8.
- Chief Minister:Ashok Gehlot
- Governor:Kalraj Mishra
Uttarakhand to develop India’s first snow leopard conservation centre in Uttarkashi district:
- Uttarakhand is all set to develop India’s first Snow Leopard Conservation Centre near Bhaironghati bridge in Uttarkashi district. Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat, along with state forest minister and officials had a meeting regarding the conservation centre.
- According to the officials, the centre will be developed by the Uttarakhand forest department along with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
India contributes over $15 mn to India-UN Development Partnership Fund:
- India has contributed USD 15.46 million to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund, underscoring the country’s commitment to supporting developing nations in its developmental priorities across all the Sustainable Development Goals.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador T S Tirumurti handed over a cheque of USD 15.46 million to the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) Director Jorge Chediek.
Banking and Economy:
NPCI launches omni-channel loyalty platform ‘nth Rewards’:
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched its own business intelligence and analytics enabled omni-channel multi-branded loyalty platform, ‘nth Rewards’.
- The loyalty rewards platform allows users to earn ‘nth’ points through various bank transactions and redeem them faster on various exciting products, e-vouchers, donations, hotel and flight bookings.
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Non-Exe Chairman: Biswamohan Mahapatra
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
SBM Bank collaborates with InstaReM to enhance outbound remittance:
- InstaReM has partnered with SBM Bank India on outbound remittances from India. InstaReM says it will work closely with SBM Bank India as its licensed banking partner to facilitate international money transfers from India.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Airtel and AWS join hands to accelerate digital transformation of businesses in India:
- Bharti Airtel announced a multi-year, Strategic Collaboration Agreement (SCA) with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to deliver a comprehensive set of innovative cloud solutions to large enterprise and Small And Medium Enterprise (SME) customers in India.
Science and Technology
US conducted test flight of unarmed Minuteman 3 missile:
- United States (US) Air Force conducted a scheduled test launch of an LGM-30G Minuteman III, an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) carrying a load of three unarmed reentry vehicles, from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, US to a target in the Pacific Ocean.
Former Union Minister Manoj Sinha Appointed New J&K Lieutenant Governor After G C Murmu Resigns:
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu has resigned from his post and will now be replaced by former minister of state for Railways Manoj Sinha. GC Murmu was the first Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir:
- Capital: Srinagar (summer), Jammu (winter)
- Governor: Manoj Sinha
SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi Gets 18 Month Extension till February 2022:
- Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Ajay Tyagi has been granted an extension for next 18 months. Earlier, in February this year, he was given six months extension.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharshtra
- Chairman: Ajay Tyagi.
Former BMC chief Praveen Pardeshi to head UN crisis response team:
- Former BMC Commissioner Praveen Pardeshi will soon join United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) as global programme coordinator. The Appointments Committee of the cabinet of the Central government has approved his UN posting.
Capital India Finance limited appoints former NABARD chairman Harsh Bhanwala as Executive Chairman:
- NBFC, Capital India Finance has appointed Dr Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, former NABARD chairman as Executive Chairman of the Board. Formerly he was the MD of Delhi State Cooperative Bank from 1999-2005 and as chairman and at NABARD.
Parekh Ashvin named as Independent Director at Nippon Life India AMC:
- Nippon Life India Asset Management (NAM India), the Asset Manager of Nippon India Mutual Fund (NIMF) has named Parekh Ashvin, as its Independent Director on the Board of Directors of Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited for tenure of 5 years. He has more than 40 years of rich experience.
Awards and Recognitions
CRSI Bronze Medal for IICT Scientist Dr Srihari Pabbaraja:
- Dr Srihari Pabbaraja, Senior Principal Scientist, working in Department of Organic Synthesis & Process Chemistry (OSPC), CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, has been selected for the CRSI Bronze medal 2021 for his contributions on the total synthesis of natural products and method development for new chemical entities.
Books and Authors
A book titled “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” authored by Vijay Kumar Choudhary:
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has released a book titled “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” authored by Bihar Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary. The book is a compilation of the author’s views, three dozen articles on different important issues and his life journey. The book was published by Bihar Assembly Secretariat.
Former Maharashtra CM Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar passes away in Pune:
- Former Maharashtra chief minister Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar (89) passed away at Pune. Nilangekar, a Congress leader, who belonged to Latur in the Marathwada region, was Maharashtra CM between June 1985 and March 1986.
Co-creator of computer mouse William English passes away aged 91:
- William English, the engineer behind the modern computer mouse first demonstrated in 1968, has died at 91. He built the first mouse in 1963, with the help of the sketches made by Doug Engelbart while they were working on early computing.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.