DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: DECEMBER 13, 2018
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: DECEMBER 13, 2018
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs ( December 13, 2018) like many other sections are inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Delhi HC Puts a Ban on Online Sale of Medicines Across India:
- The Delhi high court ordered a ban on sale of on the sale of online medicines by e-pharmacists across the country and directed both Central and state government to ensure immediate implementation of the order.
- Chief Justice Rajendra Menon and Justice V K Rao passed the judgment while hearing a PIL filed by Delhi-based dermatologist Zaheer Ahmed
- Zaheer Ahmed complained that lakhs of medicines were being sold on the internet every day without much regulation, posing a huge risk to patients and doctors alike.
Minister of Health and Family Welfare – Jagat Prakash Nadda
President Kovind dedicates ACARE project to people of Myanmar:
- President Ram Nath Kovind dedicates – India assisted project ‘Advanced Centre for Agricultural Research & Education’ (ACARE)– to the people of Myanmar.A mobile app has also been launched for welfare of farmers.
- Project focuses on Genetics, Post Harvest Technology, Participatory Knowledge Management and capacity building for farmers in Myanmar; President is on a state visit to Myanmar.
- It was established as per an MOU between both the countries for research and capacity building of Myanmar students and scientists. The programme is run by IARI.
Currency: Burmese kyat.
India ranks 14th In Climate Change Performance Index 2018:
- India has ranked 14th out of 56 nations and European Union on Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2018 released by environmental organisation Germanwatch. This marks an improvement from its 20th rank in CCPI 2017.
- As per the Index, Sweden has topped the list while India was on 11th position.
- Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) keeps track of countries’ efforts in combating climate change.It is issued by Germanwatch, the New Climate Institute and the Climate Action Network.
Japan chose Disaster as symbol for 2018:
- Japan selected the Chinese character for ‘disaster’ as its ‘defining symbol’ for 2018. The country selected it as it was hit by deadly floods, earthquakes, and storms.
- The event was organized by the Japan Kanji Aptitude Testing Foundation.
European Union Ambassador Opens India’s First CoE at MAHE
- India’s first Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence established by the European Union was inaugurated at the Department of European Studies (DES) at Manipal Academy of Higher Education by Ambassador of the European Union (EU) to India and Bhutan, Mr Tomasz Kozlowski.
- Manipal has always been a pioneer in promoting higher education and research in international relations in India in general and European studies in particular.
- The award comes with a grant of €1,00,000 to pursue India-EU interdisciplinary studies in culture, literature, education and society.This is the fifth time that MAHE has been awarded grants under the Erasmus+ Jean Monnet initiative.
Think tank: Russia emerges as world’s No. 2 arms producer
- A Swedish think tank announced that Russia has emerged as the world’s second-largest arms producer after the United States. Russia surpassed Britain, which had held that spot since 2002 and remains Western Europe’s No. 1 arms maker.
- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute announced in its annual report on the world’s 100 biggest armaments groups that the combined arms sales of Russian companies amounted to $37.7 billion in 2017, an 8.5 percent rise from a year earlier.
STATIC : Russia
Currency: Russian ruble.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Manika becomes first Indian to win Breakthrough Star award at ITTF
- Manika Batra became the first Indian to win a ‘Breakthrough Table Tennis Star’ award at the prestigious ITTF Star Awards in South Korea .
- Manika also reached her career-best ranking of 52 in 2018 and became India’s highest ranked female player.
- Manika started the year on a high at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, guiding India to its first-ever gold medal in the Women’s Team category as they defeated four-time gold medallists and defending champions Singapore 3-1.
SAIL Hockey Academy Bags Aga Khan Gold Cup:
- Steel Authority of India’s Hockey Academy beat Army XI Danapur 2-1 to clinch the 115th All India Aga Khan Gold Cup hockey tournament held at Major Dhyan Chand hockey stadium in New Delhi.
- SHA is SAIL’s Rourkela Steel Plant.Aga Khan Gold Cup is one of the oldest hockey tournaments in the country.
CAG Rajiv Mehrishi appointed as Vice-Chair of UN Panel of Auditors:
- Comptroller and Auditor General Rajiv Mehrishi has become the Vice-Chair of the UN Panel of Auditors.The United Nations Panel of Auditors consists of External Auditors of the United Nations and its agencies.Currently, the panel is chaired by the Comptroller and Auditor General of the UK-Sir Amyas Morse
- Presently, the panel consists of 11 countries — India, Germany, Chile, Canada, France, Italy, Philippines, Ghana, Indonesia, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
Zoramthanga to be sworn in as Mizoram CM:
- Mizo National Front (MNF) president Zoramthanga sworn-in as the chief minister of Mizoram at the Raj Bhavan.Mizoram Governor Kummanam Rajasekharan invited Mizo National Front (MNF) president Zoramthanga to form the government.Mr. Zoramthanga will replace Lal Tanhawla.
- The 74-year-old Zoramthanga, who was Chief Minister for two terms from 1998-2008, had staked claim to form the government after his party won 26 Assembly seats in the 40-member Mizoram House.
K. Chandrashekhar Rao sworn in as Telangana CM for second straight term:
- For the Second time,Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K. Chandrashekhar Rao was sworn in as Chief Minister of Telangana.
- Along with Rao, party MLC Mohammed Mehmood Ali, who was deputy chief minister in the previous TRS government, took oath as a minister.
Kamal Nath sworn in as New CM of Madhya Pradesh:
- Veteran Congress leader Kamal Nath looks set to took over charge as chief minister of Madhya Pradesh.He will replace outgoing Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Are you ready to attend the CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ of December 11, 2018? Click the Below to Check the Daily Current Quiz: December 11, 2018.
Aspirants can check the Whole planner of IBPS CLERK Prelims Exam 2018 from the below given link.