DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 21, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 21, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Department of justice launches tele-law mobile app, Nyaya Bandhu:
- The law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched a tele-law mobile application that is integrated with a dashboard and an application called Nyaya Bandhu.
- The policy of this Government is to ensure empowerment of common man by popularizing technology to a level that it becomes a instrument of change.
- The application will benefit 73,000 paralegal volunteers (PLVs) of National Legal Service Authority and State Legal Services Authorities (SLSA) in the country who will be associated under Tele-Law service.
Regional Conference on Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation scheme organised by DEPwD at Kolkata :
- A regional conference on ‘Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS)’ was organised in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- DDRS is a scheme implemented by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- Under this scheme, monetary help is provided to around 600 NGOs which work in the field of education and rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
International Vision Zero Conference Inaugurated in Mumbai :
- Ministry of Labour and Employment inaugurated the three days Conference on the VISION ZERO and its relevance to Occupational Safety and Health being held in Mumbai.
- The Conference has been organized by Directorate General Factory Advice and Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Ministry of Labour and Employment, German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV), Germany.
- The concept of ‘Vision Zero’ is fast gaining international acceptance and is expected to leverage the efforts of the Government of India to raise the occupational safety and health standards in the country so as to improve the occupational safety and health situation.
Odisha government launched KALIA Chhatra Bruti scholarship :
- The government of Odisha has launched the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) Chhatra Bruti scholarship for the children of farmers. The Scholarship is under the KALIA, a scheme for financing farmers in Odisha.
- The government has launched the ‘KALIA Chhatra Bruti’ programme so that the children of the farmers excel in the future.
STATIC : Odisha
CM: Naveen Patnaik
Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
Eighth World CSR Congress 2019 Held in Mumbai :
- The 8th World Corporate Social Responsibility Congress (World CSR Congress 2019) is one of the admired meetings which promote Entrepreneurship, Social Responsibility, Sustainability and Social Development which was held between Feb 17 and Feb 18, 2019, in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It was attended by participants from 33 countries to encourage the efforts of individuals and organizations.The theme of the year 2019 is ‘Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)’ to focus on corporate strategies, innovation, and strategic alliances.Dr.Soumitro Chakraborty won ‘CEO of the year’ award.
Environment Ministry and University of British Columbia signed an MoU on forestry science :
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) and University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada for next 10 years in New Delhi.
- The MoU will help in exchange of students, researchers and faculty, developing research projects, livelihood opportunities and augment income of the forest based communities and also assist the industries to optimize the utilization of forest based resources with access of technology to different stakeholders by the respective organizations.
PM Modi inaugurated supercomputer ‘PARAM Shivay’ at IIT-BHU:
- Supercomputer named ‘PARAM Shivay‘ of 833 teraflop capacity is built for ₹32.5 crore, at IIT-Banaras Hindu University (BHU). It will include 1 peta byte secondary storage.
- It was built under the ₹4,500-crore National Supercomputing Mission (NSM), under which 73 supercomputers would be installed. India’s first supercomputer called PARAM 8000 was launched in 1991.
Kerala Police inducts India’s first humanoid robot officer :
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inducted India’s first humanoid robot gendered female, into the Kerala Police force at the rank of Sub-Inspector (SI).
- It’ll receive ‘KP-BOT’, the visitors & direct them to different places according to their needs.The robot, equipped with facial recognition technology, will work at the police headquarters’ front desk. It will perform functions including greeting visitors and guiding them to appropriate sections.
Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
55th Munich Security Conference (MSC) held at Munich, Germany :
- 55th Munich Security Conference (MSC), an annual meeting that brings together leaders and security experts from across the world, was held at Munich, Germany
- Deputy National Security Adviser Pankaj Saran attended the conference and participated in various events besides holding bilateral meetings with several countries.
- India received widespread support on the issue of Pakistan’s role in cross-border terror attacks including Pulwama strike at the conference.
Capital : Berlin
Currency : Euro
4th India-ASEAN Expo Summit Begins in New Delhi :
- The Fourth India-ASEAN Expo and Summit will be held in New Delhi.This is a flagship event of Department of Commerce, being organised with FICCI to carry forward the momentum and to further strengthen India-ASEAN relations under the Act-East Policy.
- ASEAN- comprises of Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Myanmar, Malaysia, Lao PDR, Indonesia, Cambodia and Brunei. India’s relationship with ASEAN is a key pillar of our foreign policy and the foundation of our Act-East Policy.
- The Summit is a platform for the policy makers, industry captains and business leaders to come together and forge a common vision for India and ASEAN’s mutual growth and progress.
HRD Ministry launches Operation Digital Board to boost quality education :
- Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar launched Operation Digital Board to leverage technology in order to boost quality education in the country.
- The government has aimed at equipping 9 lakh classrooms in schools and colleges across the country with digital facilities for teaching by 2022.
- The Operation Digital Board aims at converting a class room into a digital class room and in addition to availability of e-resources at any time and at any place to students.
PM Modi flags-off first ever diesel-to-electric converted locomotive:
- Indian Railways has created history under ‘Make in India’ initiative, by converting a diesel locomotive into electric locomotive for the first time in the world.In a first of its kind notable initiative, the diesel locomotive which has been converted to electric locomotive by the Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) in Varanasi.
- This all new converted energy-efficient electric locomotive has been flagged off by PM Narendra Modi in Varanasi.The converted locos will result in less greenhouse gas emissions and better efficient locomotives for the Indian Railways.
PayU India names Anirban Mukherjee as CEO :
- Anirban Mukherjee, presently the co-chief executive of Reliance Payments has been appointed as the CEO of PayU India.
- Anirban will join PayU’s global leadership team to support its ambitious plans to unlock innovative credit and financial services for under-served populations in high-growth markets.
ICC Bans UAE Coach Irfan Ansari For 10 Years:
- International Cricket Council (ICC) banned UAE coach Irfan Ansari for a period of 10 years, from all forms of Cricket as he was found guilty of making a “corrupt approach” to Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed in 2017.
- ICC Anti-Corruption Tribunal found him guilty of breaching three counts of the Anti-Corruption Code during a hearing.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.