Daily Current Affairs: January 18, 2022
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
Daily Current Affairs: January 18, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (January 18, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – January 18, 2022, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
SUBSCRIBE to Race Youtube Channel for CA QUIZ LIVE Sessions
Check: Previous – Daily Current Affairs – Banking Exam
Union Ministry of Defence launches Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran portal to resolve pension-related grievances
- The Union Defence Ministry has set up an online portal named Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran to resolve pension-related grievances of ex-servicemen (ESM) and their dependents.
- This portal will allow them to lodge their grievances directly with the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESW).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually addresses the WEF’s Davos Agenda 2022 Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has virtually addressed the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Davos Agenda Summit 2022 held from 17 to 21 January 2022.
- The theme of this World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Davos Agenda Summit 2022 is ‘The State of the World’.
India and the United Kingdom launch free trade agreement negotiations
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles Piyush Goyal launched the free trade agreement negotiations with the United Kingdom.
- The bilateral trade connection between India and the United Kingdom is already strong and the two countries have committed to expanding it by 2030.
- India–UK Free Trade Agreement will provide substantial benefits for both the countries and expand the overall bilateral trade to €28 billion by 2035.
Narendra Kumar Goenka was appointed as the new Chairman of the Apparel Export Promotion Council
- Narendra Kumar Goenka was appointed as the new Chairman of the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC).
- He replaced A. Sakthivel.
- Narendra Kumar Geonka was the Vice Chairman of the apex body of the Indian apparel exporters before taking charge as the Chairman of AEPC.
- AEPC is the official body of apparel exporters in India under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Textiles that provides invaluable assistance to Indian exporters as well as importers and international buyers.
Awards and Recognitions
Shaylyn Ford from America was crowned as the Mrs. World 2022
- Shaylyn Ford (also Mrs.America) was crowned the World 2022 title in the final of the beauty pageant that was held in Nevada, Las Vegas.
- She was crowned by the former pageant winner Mrs. World 2020 Kate Schneider from Ireland.
- Shaylyn Ford was followed by Debanjali Kamstra from the UAE and Jaclyn Stapp from Jordan.
Axis Bank and CRMNEXT bag IBSi’s Innovation Awards 2021
- Axis Bank and the leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for banks CRMNEXT have bagged awards for the ‘Best CRM System Implementation’ at the IBS Intelligence Global FinTech Innovation Awards 2021.
- Axis Bank has implemented CRMNEXT for sales and service modernisation enabling straight-through processing and instant fulfillment.
- CRMNEXT also provided real-time customer insights through augmented analytics, smooth customer onboarding and automated relationship programmes for relationship managers.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Sumit Bhale wins the gold medal at the International Folk Art Festival in Dubai
- Artist Sumit Bhale from Maharashtra’s Pathri in Fulbari taluk has won a gold medal at the International Folk Art Festival held in Dubai.
- His outstanding performance showcased Maharashtra’s splendour on the international stage.
Iran launches a solid-fuel satellite carrier rocket into space
- Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard launched a solid-fuel satellite carrier rocket into space.
- Satellite carriers usually use liquid fuel, but solid-fuel rockets can be adapted for mobile launchers that can be driven anywhere on a major road or rail system.
- Capital: Tehran
- Currency: Iranian Rial
- President: Ebrahim Raisi
India is set to host the AFC Women’s Asia Cup 2022
- India is all set to host the twentieth edition of AFC Women’s Asia Cup 2022from 20 January 2022.
- This tournament will be held in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Pune. It will witness 12 teams competing for the AFC Women’s Asia Cup trophy.
- The AFC Women’s Asia Cup will also be the final stage of Asian qualification for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup to be held in Australia and New
- The 12 teams at the twentieth edition of the AFC Women’s Asia Cup 2022 have been divided into three groups. Group A includes India, China PR, Chinese Taipei, and IR Iran, while Group B includes Australia, Thailand, Philippines, and Indonesia. Japan, Korea Republic, Vietnam, and Myanmar have been slotted in Group C.
Savita Punia was named the captain of the Indian women’s hockey team for Asia Cup in Muscat
- Indian goalkeeper Savita Punia was named as the captain of the 18-membered Indian women’s hockey team for the Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2022 to be held in Muscat, Oman, from 21 to 28 January 2022.
- China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand are the seven other teams competing at the Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2022.
Books & Authors
Chandrachur Ghose authors a new book titled ‘Bose: The Untold Story of an Inconvenient Nationalist’
- Chandrachur Ghose has authored a new book titled ‘Bose: The Untold Story of an Inconvenient Nationalist’, which is a biography of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- The publisher of this book is Penguin Viking.
Former Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita passed away
- Mali’s former President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita passed away at the age of 76.
- He served as the President of Mali from 2013 until Mali’s military pushed him out in 2020.
Noted social activist Shanti Devi passed away
- A well-known Gandhian and social worker from Odisha, Shanti Devi passed away at the age of 88.
- She served the poor for six decades in the insurgent-hit Rayagada district of Odisha.
- She was recently conferred with India’s third-highest civilian honour Padma Shri in 2021 by President Ram Nath Kovind for her six decades of dedication to the impoverished and underprivileged, as well as the upliftment of tribal females.
- In 1955–56, she met Gandhian follower Acharya Vinoba Bhave. She became involved in his Bhoodan Movement after being inspired by his beliefs.
Noted cartoonist Narayan Debnath passed away
- Veteran cartoonist and the creator of Bengali comic characters ‘Bantul The Great’, ‘Handa Bhonda’ and ‘Nonte Phonte’, Narayan Debnath passed away at the age of 97.
- He received Bengal’s highest award Banga Bibhusan in 2013.
- He was honoured with the Sahitya Akademi award in 2013 and the Padma Shri in 2021.
Noted environmentalist Professor M. K. Prasad passed away
- Noted environmentalist and crusader for a sustainable environment Professor M. K. Prasad passed away at the age of 89.
- He held various academic positions in Kerala, including the post of Pro Vice-Chancellor of Calicut University and Principal of Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam. He has also authored numerous books in Malayalam on environmental issues and popular science.
Daily CA-18 January One-Liners
|Union Ministry of Defence launches Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran portal to resolve pension-related grievances|
|Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually addresses the WEF’s Davos Agenda 2022 Summit|
|India and the United Kingdom launch free trade agreement negotiations|
|Narendra Kumar Goenka was appointed as the new Chairman of the Apparel Export Promotion Council|
|Shaylyn Ford from America was crowned as the Mrs. World 2022|
|Axis Bank and CRMNEXT bag IBSi’s Innovation Awards 2021|
|Sumit Bhale wins the gold medal at the International Folk Art Festival in Dubai|
|Iran launches a solid-fuel satellite carrier rocket into space|
|India is set to host the AFC Women’s Asia Cup 2022|
|Savita Punia was named the captain of the Indian women’s hockey team for Asia Cup in Muscat|
|Chandrachur Ghose authors a new book titled ‘Bose: The Untold Story of an Inconvenient Nationalist’|
|Former Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita passed away|
|Noted social activist Shanti Devi passed away|
|Noted cartoonist Narayan Debnath passed away|
|Noted environmentalist Professor M. K. Prasad passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of January 18, 2022, now from the link given below.