Daily Current Affairs: January 28, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (January 28, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Data Privacy Day – 28 January
- Data Privacy Day is observed every year on 28 January to raise awareness and promote best practices in privacy and data protection. This day promotes events and activities that stimulate the development of technology tools that promote individual control over personally identifiable information.
Lala Lajpat Rai’s 157th Birth Anniversary – 28 January 2022
- Lala Lajpat Rai was a veteran leader of the Indian Nationalist Movement. He was born in 1865 in Punjab’s Dhudike village. He was also the founder of organisations like Hisar Arya Samaj, Hisar Bar Council and National DAV managing Committee. He passed away on 17 November 1928.
Kerala gets its first-ever scientific bird atlas
- The Kerala Bird Atlas (KBA) is the first-of-its-kind state-level bird atlas in India. This atlas has details of three lakh records of 361 species which includes 94 very rare species, 103 rare species, 110 common species, 44 very common species and 10 most abundant species.
- Most of the endemic species were found in the Western Ghats, while the threatened species were mostly found along the coasts.
Indian Navy conducts a workshop on artificial intelligence in Jamnagar
- Indian Navy conducted a three-day-long virtual workshop at the Indian Naval Ship (INS) Valsura in Jamnagar of Gujarat on leveraging artificial intelligence. This workshop was conducted under the aegis of the Southern Naval Command.
- Indian Navy is focused on the incorporation of artificial intelligence and machine learning in critical mission areas.
Union Minister of State for Culture Meenakashi Lekhi releases a pictorial comic book named ‘India’s Women Unsung Heroes’
- Union Minister of State for Culture Meenakashi Lekhi has released the pictorial comic book ‘India’s Women Unsung Heroes’ in New Delhi. This book was prepared by Union Culture Ministry in partnership with Amar Chitra Katha.
- This book portrays the tales of valour of our forgotten women freedom fighters.
Karnataka launches the ‘Brain Health Initiative’ to help people beat COVID-19 stress
- Karnataka has launched the ‘Brain Health Initiative’, a first-of-its-kind in India, undertaken by NIMHANS in association with NITI Aayog.
- Under this programme, the doctors will be trained in screening and treating mental health patients. The initiative is being rolled out in Bengaluru, Kolar and Chikkaballapur districts on a pilot basis.
South Maubuang becomes Mizoram’s first ODF Plus village
- The village of South Maubuang in Aibawk block of the Aizawl district in Mizoram has been declared a model ODF (Open-Defacation Free) Plus village, having fulfilled all the criteria as per the Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin Phase II guidelines.
- This village, with a population of 649 individuals from 116 households, has emerged as the first ODF Plus village in Mizoram.
MeitY unveils a roadmap to achieve $300 billion from electronics manufacturing and exports by 2026
- Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) Ashwini Vaishnaw released a five-year roadmap in association with the India Cellular & Electronics Association (ICEA) for the electronics sector to achieve $300 billion sustainable electronics manufacturing & exports by
- Mobile manufacturing is expected to cross $100 billion annual production, up from the current $30 billion and is expected to constitute nearly 40 per cent of this ambitious growth.
India pays $29.9 million in the United Nations regular budget assessments for 2022
- India has paid $29.9 million in the United Nations regular budget assessments for the year 2022. India is currently a non-permanent member of the fifteen-nation United Nations Security Council and its two-year term will end on 31 December 2022.
The Philippines inks a deal worth $375 million for BrahMos missiles
- The Philippines has signed a $375 million deal with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited for the supply of shore-based anti-ship variant of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles. This is the first export order for the BrahMos missile, which is a joint product between India and Russia.
- This contract includes the delivery of three batteries, training for operators and maintainers, as well as the necessary Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
Banking and Economy
Hitachi Payment Services and Indipaisa introduce a new fintech platform
- Hitachi Payment Services has partnered with Indipaisa to develop a new fintech platform for India’s micro small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- Under this partnership, Hitachi Payment Services will provide a superior technology framework for the new fintech platform for India’s MSMEs.
Max Life partners with Policybazaar to offer independent term insurance cover for homemakers
- Max Life Insurance has joined hands with Policybazaar to offer its ‘Max Life Smart Secure Plus Plan’ on the Policybazzar’s platform as an independent cover to homemakers.
- This plan will be available to consumers where household income is a minimum of ₹5 lakh per annum. Different variants of the plan, with mortality and all rider benefits, will be available to homemakers in the age group of 18 to 50 years.
Pencilton launches a debit card with NCMC for teens in partnership with Transcorp
- Pencilton, a teen-focused fintech company, has launched PencilCard debit card with NCMC (National Common Mobility Card) for teens in partnership with Transcorp.
- PencilCard is an NCMC-compliant RuPay debit card specially designed for the teenager segment.
Google is set to invest up to $1 billion in a partnership with Airtel
- Bharti Airtel has partnered with Google on a long-term,
multi-year agreement to accelerate the growth of India’s digital ecosystem, under which Google intends to invest up to $1 billion.
- The amount is part of the $10 billion ‘Google for India Digitisation Fund’, which was announced by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Google and Alphabet Sundar Pichai in 2020.
Kia India appoints MyungSik Sohn as its Chief Sales Officer
- Kia India has appointed MyungSik Sohn as its Chief Sales Officer (CSO) with immediate effect. He has been associated with Kia Corporation for 27 years and he also served as the General Manager in China.
Awards and Recognitions
Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve wins the TX2 award for doubling the tiger population
- Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve in Tamil Nadu has won the prestigious TX2 award for doubling the tiger population (80 tigers) since 2010. Nepal’s Bardia National Park was also jointly conferred the award for doubling its population of wild tigers.
- Sathyamangalam Wildlife Sanctuary was declared a tiger reserve in 2013 spread across 1,411.60 sq. km.
- The TX2 Tiger Conservation Award is given away by Conservation Assured | Tiger Standards (CA|TS), Fauna & Flora International, Global Tiger Forum, IUCN Integrated Tiger Habitat Conservation Programme, Panthera, United Nations Development Programme’s Lion’s Share, Wildlife Conservation Society and World Wide Fund For Nature’s (WWF’s) tigers alive initiative.
Books and Authors
Ruskin Bond’s new book is titled ‘A Little Book of India’
- A new book titled ‘A Little Book of India’ was authored by Ruskin Bond. This book is an amalgamation of the physical and spiritual attributes of our Indian homeland and takes you on a journey filled with nostalgia and devotion.
- This book was published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
Padma Shri awardee Milena Salvini passed away at 84
- Noted Kathakali dancer Milena Salvini of France passed away at the age of 84. She was an ambassador of Kathakali and other Indian classical art forms in France. She was honoured with the Padma Shri in 2019 for her contributions in the field of Kathakali.
Hockey legend Charanjit Singh passed away at 92
- Hockey legend, Padma Shri and Arjuna Awardee Charanjit Singh passed away in Una district of Himachal Pradesh. He had led the Indian hockey team to a historic gold medal in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and was also part of the Indian team that won the silver in the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome.
- He was honoured with the Arjuna Award in 1963 and the Padma Shri in 1964.
Daily CA 28 January Oneliner:
|Data Privacy Day – 28 January|
|Lala Lajpat Rai’s 157th Birth Anniversary – 28 January 2022|
|Kerala gets its first-ever scientific bird atlas|
|Indian Navy conducts a workshop on artificial intelligence in Jamnagar|
|Union Minister of State for Culture Meenakashi Lekhi releases a pictorial comic book named ‘India’s Women Unsung Heroes’|
|Karnataka launches the ‘Brain Health Initiative’ to help people beat COVID-19 stress|
|South Maubuang becomes Mizoram’s first ODF Plus village|
|MeitY unveils a roadmap to achieve $300 billion from electronics manufacturing and exports by 2026|
|India pays $29.9 million in the United Nations regular budget assessments for 2022|
|The Philippines inks a deal worth $375 million for BrahMos missiles|
|Hitachi Payment Services and Indipaisa introduce a new fintech platform|
|Max Life partners with Policybazaar to offer independent term insurance cover for homemakers|
|Pencilton launches a debit card with NCMC for teens in partnership with Transcorp|
|Google is set to invest up to $1 billion in a partnership with Airtel|
|Kia India appoints MyungSik Sohn as its Chief Sales Officer|
|Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve wins the TX2 award for doubling the tiger population|
|Ruskin Bond’s new book is titled ‘A Little Book of India’|
|Padma Shri awardee Milena Salvini passed away at 84|
|Hockey legend Charanjit Singh passed away at 92|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of January 28, 2022, now from the link given below.