DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 4, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 4 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Day of Cooperatives-July 4:
- International Day of Cooperatives is an annual celebration of the cooperative movement that takes place on the first Saturday of July. Since 1995, the UN and International Cooperative Alliance have aimed to increase awareness of cooperatives
- Theme: “Cooperatives For Climate Action”.
Private Train Operations Likely To Begin By April 2023:
- Private train operations in the country will begin by April 2023, and the ticket fares in these trains will be competitive with airfares on similar routes.
- The improvement in technology will also mean that the coaches that now require maintenance after running 4,000 km, will need maintenance after every 40,000-km, that is either once or twice a month.
Drug Discovery Hackathon jointly launched by Union Ministers Dr Harsh Vardhan and Ramesh Pokhriyal:
- Human Resources and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan jointly launched the Drug Discovery Hackathon 2020. It is an online competition and anybody from anywhere in the country or world can participate.
Germany to Become First Major Economy To Phase Out Coal And Nuclear Power:
- Germany has decided to phase-out of coal as an energy source. Bills approved by both houses of parliament envision shutting down the last coal-fired power plant by 2038 & spend 40 billion euros for transition. It also commits phase out nuclear power by
- Capital: Berlin.
- Currency: Euro.
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
- Chancellor: Angela Merkel
Banking and Economy:
RBI asks banks, NBFCs & financial institution to reclassify MSMEs as per revised criteria:
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked banks, financial institutions and Non-Banking Financial Institution (NBFCs) to reclassify Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) on the basis of the new criteria.
Bharat Bond ETF second tranche launched, base issue size of Rs 3,000 cr:
- Edelweiss Mutual Fund launched the second tranche of the Bharat Bond Exchange-Traded Fund for a base size of Rs 3,000 cr. Finance Minister N Sitharaman had announced the launch of 2nd tranche with Edelweiss as the fund manager & AK Capital as government advisor. The new Bharat Bond ETF series will mature in April 2025 & 2031.
Kotak Mahindra Bank and Innoviti tie up to offer EMIs:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank and Innoviti Payment Solutions announced that they have collaborated to offer Equated Monthly Instalments (EMI) billing options on Kotak debit cards swiped on Innoviti POS terminals.
- The facility will allow over 1 crore Kotak customers to pay for their purchases in instalments by using the EMIs on debit cards facility at over 70,000 Innoviti POS terminals across more than 1,000 cities.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Managing Director and CEO: Uday Kotak
ADB becomes observer of Network for Greening the Financial System:
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has joined the Central Banks and supervisors Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) as an observer. “NGFS is a valuable network to share ADB’s approaches and experience in addressing climate risk management in the financial sector,” said ADB Chief Economist Yasuyuki Sawada.
Asian Development Bank:
- Founded- 19 December 1966
- Headquarters- Mandaluyong, Philippines.
- President- Masatsugu Asakawa.
- Membership– 68 countries
HDFC Bank to offer ZipDrive Instant Auto Loans across 1,000 cities in India:
- HDFC Bank announced its plans to offer “ZipDrive” Instant Auto Loans to customers across 1,000 cities across India. ZipDrive is HDFC Bank’s instant auto loan disbursal product, exclusively for bank customers with a pre-approved offer.
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Deepak S. Parekh
- CEO: Aditya Puri.
- Tagline: “We understand your world”
India’s GDP may contract by 6.4% in FY21: Care Ratings
- Care Ratings revised India’s GDP growth forecast for the current financial year to (-) 4 per cent as economic activity continues to be under restriction due to the lockdown on account of the COVID-19 pandemic. The rating agency, in May, had projected a decline in GDP growth of 1.5-1.6 per cent in FY21.
Science and Technology:
IIT Kanpur develops virtual classroom system ‘Mobile Masterjee’:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur has developed an innovative virtual classroom aid titled ‘Mobile Masterjee’.
- The classroom-to-home teaching setup is designed to record the lectures/instructions by the teachers while using smartphones. ‘Mobile Masterjee’ can capture the videos in horizontal (table) and vertical (blackboard)
NHAI chairman Sukhbir Singh Sandhu gets six months extension:
- Senior bureaucrat Sukhbir Singh Sandhu was given six months extension, till mid January next year, as the chairman of National Highways Authority of India, a Personnel Ministry order said. Sandhu, a 1988 batch IAS officer of Uttarakhand cadre, took charge of the post in October last year.
Professor Sanjay Dwivedi appointed Director General of Indian Institute of Mass Communication:
- Professor Sanjay Dwivedi was appointed as the Director General of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) here, according to a Personnel Ministry order.
- Dwivedi is at present Registrar of Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication, Bhopal.
Awards and Recognitions:
13 Year Old Girl Freya Thakral From Delhi Receives Award in Memory of Princess Diana:
- Freya Thakral, a student from The British School, New Delhi, has been bestowed with the highest accolade a young person can achieve for social action or humanitarian efforts – The Diana Award. She has been added to the roll of honours on Princess Diana’s birthday – July 1, 2020.
Writer Ratnakar Matkari To Get Maharashtra State Government Award Posthumously:
- Marathi writer and playwright Ratnakar Matkari will be posthumously honoured with the Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar award for lifetime contribution to theatre, the Maharashtra government. The award comprises a cash prize of Rs five lakh, citation and a memento.
China’s 2-time Olympic Champion and Badminton Legend Lin Dan Announces Retirement:
- China’s two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan, arguably the greatest badminton player of all time, took to social media to announce his retirement.
- It means that 36-year-old Lin Dan, who won gold at the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Games, will not compete at the Tokyo Olympics.
Lt Col Bharat Pannu Becomes First Indian To Secures Podium Position In International Ultracycling Race:
- Lt Col Bharat Pannu, a serving Indian Army Officer has created history by successfully securing a podium place at the first edition of the Virtual Race Across America (vRAAM)
- He has become the first Indian ever to win a podium place at an international ultra-cycling race.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.