DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 5 & 6, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 5 & 6 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Zoonoses Day- July 6:
- World Zoonoses Day is celebrated every year on July 6. It commemorates the French biologist Louis Pasteur, who in 1885, successfully administered the first vaccine against Rabies, a zoonotic disease. Zoonoses are diseases which can be transmitted from animals to humans.
MeitY-NITI Aayog launches Digital India Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge:
- Electronics & IT Ministry in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog has launched a Digital India Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge to build a strong ecosystem of Indian app. Government will adopt suitable apps, list on Govt e-Marketplace.
Odisha Government Announces Balaram Scheme to Empower Over Seven Lakh Landless Farmers:
- The Odisha government has launched a scheme ‘Balaram’ to provide agricultural credit of Rs 1,040 crore to landless farmers, who are facing hardships due to the coronavirus outbreak,
- The decision in this regard was taken at a high-level meeting presided over by chief secretary A K Tripathy The scheme was designed in collaboration with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD):
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Formation: July 12, 1982
- Chairman: Chintala Govinda Rajulu
UT Ladakh Administration launches Ladakh Food Security Scheme:
- The Administration of UT of Ladakh launched the Ladakh Food Security Scheme (LFSS), with effect from July 1. Under this scheme, the rationees shall be provided 5kg of food grains per person.
- The Union Territory of Ladakh’s Administration has commenced the Ladakh Food Security Yojana (LFSS) and on ther hand, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Food Entitlement Scheme (MMSFES) J&K has been stopped.
Delhi Government launches e-portal for schoolchildren:
- Education Minister Manish Sisodia launched an e-learning portal – LEAD (Learning through E-Resources Made Accessible for Delhi) developed by the Delhi government that contains 10,000 instructional materials and course content for Classes I to XII.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
AMC launched Dhanvantri Rath to take Non-COVID healthcare services to doorsteps in Ahmedabad:
- Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has launched Dhanvantri Rath to take Non-COVID healthcare services to peoples’ doorsteps amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The aim is to ensure that non-COVID essential services related to diabetes, blood pressure, heart ailment, etc.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
India’s Vice President launches social media super app ‘Elyments’:
- Indian Vice President Shri M Venkaiah Naidu starts the first ever Indian Social Media Super App namely “Elyments”. this app was created by over 1000 IT professionals jointly and it becomes first indigenous app.
- The main purpose of this Elyments app was to keep the user’s privacy in mind and considered as a primary concern.
President inaugurated Dhamma Chakra Day 2020 celebrations on 4th July:
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated Dhamma Chakra Day 2020 celebrations on 4th July The day is celebrated to mark Buddha’s First Sermon to his first 5 ascetic disciples at the Deer Park, Rsipatana in the present-day Sarnath near Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Dhamma Chakra Day is celebrated by Buddhists across the world as the day of Dharma Chakra Parvattana or “Turning of the Wheel of Dharma”.
Global Tourism Set To Lose $1.2 Trillion Due To Coronavirus: UNCTAD:
- The world’s tourism sector could lose at least 2 trillion dollars or 1.5 per cent of the global Gross Domestic Product (GDP) having been placed at a standstill for nearly four months due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new report by UNCTAD.
- The UN’s trade and development body warned that the loss could rise to 2 trillion dollars or 2.8 per cent of the world’s GDP if the break in international tourism lasts for eight months, in line with the expected decline in tourism as projected by the UN World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD):
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Secretary General: Mukhisa Kituyi.
Banking and Economy:
Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited launches Video KYC Account:
- Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited (the “Bank”), the largest small finance bank (“SFB“) in India in terms of number of banking outlets as of March 31, 2019, becomes one of the leading banks in the country to launch video KYC account.
Equitas Small Finance Bank:
IndiaFirst Life to Offer Exclusive COVID-19 and Hospital Cash Cover to Bank of Baroda Credit Cardholders:
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Limited (IndiaFirst Life), promoted by Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India, has associated with BOB Financial Services Limited (BOB Financial), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, to offer a unique group insurance covering that provides financial support upon hospitalisation or on COVID-19 diagnosis.
IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Limited:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: M. Vishakha
Bank of Baroda (BOB):
- Headquarters: Baroda (Vadodara) , Gujarat
- MD & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha.
- Tagline: “India’s International Bank”.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
CBSE partners with Facebook to launch free training program for teachers, students:
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has partnered with Facebook to launch a free and comprehensive training program for teachers and students of its affiliated schools in the first phase from August to November 2020 in virtual mode.
KKR to acquire controlling stake in JB Chemicals for Rs 3,100 crore:
- US Private Equity giant KKR agreed to acquire about 54% stake in Mumbai-based drug manufacturer JB Chemical & Pharmaceuticals, one of the oldest pharma companies in India for Rs 3,100 crore. It is the second KKR investment in India in the past two months.
Science and Technology:
India’s Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) Captured the Image of Mars Moon Phobos:
- ISRO’s Mars Orbiter Missions (MOM) has taken some images of Phobos, biggest and closest moon of Mars. Mars Orbiter Mission (Mars Colour Camera) took image from the distance of 7,200 km from Mars and just 4,200 km from Phobos.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO):
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Jean Castex Appointed as New Prime Minister of France:
- French President Emmanuel Macron named Jean Castex, who coordinated France’s virus reopening strategy, as the country’s new prime minister replacing Edouard Philippe. Castex, 55, is a career public servant who has worked with multiple governments.
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: Euro
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Prime Minister: Jean Castex
UK India Business Council appoints Indian-origin Jayant Krishna as new CEO:
- The UK India Business Council has announced that Jayant Krishna has accepted the invitation of the Board to become its new Group Chief Executive Officer. He will be 1st UKIBC Group CEO to be based in India, will be replacing Richard Heald.
Former India pacer Aavishkar Salvi appointed head coach of Puducherry:
- Cricket Association of Pondicherry (CAP) has roped in former India pacer and Mumbai ace, Aavishkar Salvi, as its head coach for the upcoming domestic season. In 2018 Ranji trophy Salvi was appointed the head coach.
Rajeeva Swarup was appointed as the Chief Secretary of Rajasthan:
- Rajasthan government has appointed Rajeeva Swarup as the new Chief Secretary, replacing DB Gupta, and has transferred over 100 IAS officers.
- The government late released a list of 103 IAS officers, who were being transferred, in which Health Secretary Rohit Kumar Singh was given the charge of home secretary that Swarup was holding earlier.
Books and Author:
Former RBI governor Urjit Patel pens book on dealing with NPA issue:
- Titled ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’, the book focuses on the non-performing assets issue that has afflicted Indian banking in recent years, its causes and Patel’s efforts as the RBI Governor in dealing with it. It will be published by
India stands third largest contributor to e-waste in 2019, China tops:
- A United Nations-led report found India is the third-largest contributor to e-waste in the world in 2019. As per the report titled ‘Global E-waste Monitor 2020’, the world dumped 53.6 million tonnes of e-waste in 2019.
- India with 2 million tonnes, was third. China topped the list followed by USA.
Leading industrialist Suraj Prasad Agarwal passes away:
- Leading industrialist & former member of the board of Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Suraj Prasad Agarwal passed away recently. He was former President of Federation of Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry during 2008-09.
Legendary entertainer Carl Reiner dies at 98:
- Hollywood veteran and multihyphenate personality Carl Reiner, best known as the creator of “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and director of several Steve Martin films like “All of Me”, passed away at the age of 98.
Jaipur to have the world’s 3rd largest cricket stadium with capacity of 75000: Rajasthan Cricket Association;
- World’s 3rd largest cricket stadium shall have modern grand pavilion stands, corporate boxes, plush sports field, modern club house and many other world class features for indoor games and sports training facilities, spread across over 100 acres of land. It is to come up in Chonp village, 25 km from Jaipur.
Foreign and Indian coaches will now have a four-year contract:
- Foreign & Indian coaches for training Indian Athletes to have a 4-year contract in alignment with Olympic cycle. It aims to help India’s long-term roadmap for Olympic preparation for 2024 & 2028. The contract for all foreign coaches extended to Sep 30 2020.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.