DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 7, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 7 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Chocolate Day- July 7:
- World Chocolate Day, is referred to, in some instances, as International Chocolate Day, is an annual observance that occurs globally on ‘7th of July. References to World Chocolate Day being observed on 7th of July have been recorded as early as 2009.
PM Modi to unveil Asia’s largest solar plant in Madhya Pradesh:
- PM Narendra Modi will open Asia’s largest 750MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Plant in Madhya Pradesh via video conferencing. It is established in the Rewa district of Vindhya region of Madhya Pradesh. It is one of the largest single-site solar plants in Asia. Noor Complex is World’s largest concentrated solar power plant.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Karnataka launches Weavers’ Sammaan Yojana:
- Karnataka Chief Minister S. Yeddyurappa launched Weavers Sammaan Yojana. Under this scheme, 19,744 handloom weavers in the state will get annual financial assistance of Rs 2,000 through Direct Benefit Transfer. The government has allocated 10.96 crore Rs for this.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
CM Swavalamban Yojana becomes integral part of life of educated unemployed in Himachal Pradesh:
- In Himachal Pradesh, CM Swavalamban Yojana has become an integral part of the life of educated unemployed youth. Under this scheme, the number of youth going out of the state in search of jobs has come down as they are moving towards self-employment.
- Chief Minister:Jai Ram Thakur
Madhya Pradesh Tourism board launches “Intzaar Aap Ka” campaign:
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism board has launched a campaign “Intzaar Aap Ka“. The campaign has been launched on social media platforms to attract tourists to the tourist places of the state.
- Through the campaign “Intzaar Aap Ka”, the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board has been inviting tourists by describing about each tourist destination in an attractive way.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
NHRC forms expert panel to study COVID impact on human rights:
- National Human Rights Commission has constituted an 11-member expert committee to study impact of Covid-19 on human rights and future response of the government.
- The expert panel would be headed by Dr K S Reddy, president of Public Health Foundation of India.
Gujarat’s Zoya Khan becomes the first transgender operator of the Common Service Centre in India:
- Union Minister for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad announced that Zoya Khan is India’s first transgender operator of a Common Service Centre (CSC) in Gujarat.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
India, Afghanistan signs 5 agreements to develop educational infra in Afghan provinces:
- India and Afghanistan signed 5 agreements for developing educational infrastructure in four Afghan provinces, with the move seen as a reiteration of New Delhi’s support to Kabul at a time when the war-torn country’s peace process is confronting challenges.
- Capital: Kabul
- Currency: Afghan afghani
- President: Ashraf Ghani
Indian Coast Guard & Indonesia Coast Guard sign MoU to boost maritime relations:
- In a significant step towards bolstering the comprehensive strategic partnership between India and Indonesia, a MoU has been signed between the Indian Coast Guard and Indonesia Coast Guard. This will enhance collaborative and cooperative engagements.
Banking and Economy:
SBM Bank India partners with Mastercard to facilitate cross-border transactions, remittances:
- Government of Mauritius-promoted SBM Bank India and global payments technology major Mastercard have joined hands to facilitate cross-border payments and remittances services, Using ‘Master Send’ SBM India can make business to consumer transactions quickly.
YES Bank launches ‘Loan in Seconds’ for instant loan disbursement:
- YES Bank has launched a digital solution, “Loan in Seconds” for instant disbursement of retail loans. The account holders identified by the bank can avail this quick loan disbursal facility without any document.
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: “Experience our Expertise”.
Acquisitions & Mergers
Payments Platform Paytm to Acquire Raheja QBE General Insurance For $76 million
- Indian e-commerce payment system Paytm & QorQl Pvt. Ltd, a Healthcare startup company with majority shareholding of Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, is set to acquire Mumbai-based private sector general insurer Raheja QBE General Insurance Company Limited in a deal worth around $76 million (or Rs 570 crore).
Science and Technology:
IIT Roorkee researchers develops disinfection box “Unisaviour”:
- A disinfection box “Unisaviour” has been developed by the researchers at IIT Roorkee. The disinfection box “Unisaviour” can be used to sterilize personal belongings, apparels, PPE, medical equipment among others form the COVID-19.
India’s 1st NPNT compliant Drone flight successfully completed:
- India’s First No-Permission No-Takeoff (NPNT) compliant drone flight on the A200 Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) has been completed successfully by Quidich Innovation Labs and Asteria Aerospace.
- This NPNT drone flight is under the Ministry of Civil Aviation MoCA & DGCA comprehensive policy on the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), which came into effect on 1st Dec 2018.
Israel Successfully Launches New Spy Satellite ‘Ofek 16’ into Space Using Shavit Rocket:
- Israel Defence Ministry has announced the successful launch of a new “Ofek 16” spy satellite into orbit by using a locally-developed Shavit rocket from a launch pad at Palmachim airbase in central Israel. This was the first launch of an Israeli spy satellite into space since the Ofek-11 which entered orbit in September 2016.
- Currency:Israeli Shekel
- Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- President: Reuven Rivlin
Indian Railways sets up solar plant in Bina to directly power railway overhead line:
- Indian Railways has set up a Solar Power Plant in Bina, located in Madhya Pradesh to directly power the Railway Overhead Line. According to Railway Board Chairman V K Yadav, for the first time in the world, such a unique power plant has been installed.
Indian Railways to transform itself as ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network by 2030:
- The Indian Railways is taking decisive steps to transform itself as a ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network by 2030. It is endeavoring to be self-reliant for its energy needs by utilising its vacant land for renewable energy projects.
DRDO to establish a research cell at IIT-H to meet the future defence technological requirements:
- Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) will establish a research cell at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad(IIT-H), ‘DRDO – IIT-H Research Cell’ to meet the future defence technological requirements of the country.
Dr. Bishnu Prasad Nanda takes over as DG Railway Health Services:
- Dr Bishnu Prasad Nanda has taken over as Director General Railway Health Services (DG RHS) Railway Board. He joined at the apex post of the Health Department in the Railway Board. He was serving as the Principal Chief Medical Doctor Southern Railway.
Injeti Srinivas appointed chairman of International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA):
- The former corporate affairs secretary and 1983-batch IAS officer of the Odisha cadre will head the IFSCA for a period of three years
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Injeti Srinivas as chairman of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA).
SP Kochhar appointed DG of Cellular Operators Association of India:
- Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has appointed SP Kochhar as its new Director General (DG), after Rajan Mathews quitting the position, after a decade of service.
- Ajai Puri, Chief Operating Officer (India and South Asia), Bharti Airtel, will now hold the position of Chairman while Pramod Kumar Mittal, President, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, will be the Vice Chairman of the Association.
Awards and Recognitions:
Quinton de Kock named men’s Cricketer of the Year in CSA’s virtual awards:
- White-ball skipper Quinton de Kock was named the men’s ‘cricketer of the year’ at Cricket South Africa’s (CSA) annual awards ceremony, held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This is the second time de Kock has won the men’s Cricketer of the Year, having claimed the accolade.
Books and Author:
Maruti Suzuki chairman R C Bhargava pens book “Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India”:
Maruti Suzuki chairman R C Bhargava penned a book “Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India”.
- The book is published by Harper Collins India, Bhargava draws upon his experience of more than 60 years as a policymaker and industry leader to give practical suggestions.
India Ranked 31st in INFORM Risk Index 2020 for Humanitarian crises & Disasters:
- India has got 31st position with a score of 5.4. while Somalia has topped in the index scored inform risk of 8.9. among 191 countries.
- “INFORM Report 2020:Shared evidence for managing crises and disasters” released by research centre INFORM.
India Ranked 117th in SDG Index 2020, Sweden Tops:
- As per Sustainable Development Growth index 2020, India has got 117th rank with a score of 61.92. it shows that India is facing a lot of major challenges in 10 of the 17 SDGs such as zero hunger, good health, gender inequality and so on.
- However, Sweden country has got thr first place in the indexing which scores 84.72. 166 UN Member States were included to study under SDG index 2020.
Veteran journalist Bishnu Prasad Kumar passes away:
- Veteran journalist Bishnu Prasad Kumar, who had covered the Bangladesh Liberation War and the turbulent Naxalite movement in the 70s, passed away.
Tamil Nadu’s G Akash becomes India’s 66th grandmaster:
- G Akash became India’s 66th chess Grandmaster while his Tamil Nadu statemate M Pranesh and Goa’s Ameya Audi earned International Master titles.
- The 23-year-old’s GM title was confirmed at the second council meet of International Chess Federation for the year 2020.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.