Daily Current Affairs: July 02, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (July 02, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World UFO Day – 2 July
- World Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) Day is observed globally on 2 July. This day aims to raise awareness about the existence of UFOs and encourage people to think about the possibility of us not being alone in the universe.
World Sports Journalists Day – 2 July
- World Sports Journalists Day is observed on 2 July every year. This day is observed to celebrate the services of sports journalists for the promotion of sports. This day marks the establishment of the International Sports Press Association (ISPA) on 2 July 1924.
Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates the National Horticulture Board Centre at Gwalior
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the National Horticulture Board (NHB) Centre at Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
- The NHB is mandated for the integrated development of hi-tech commercial horticulture and post-harvest management/cold chain infrastructure in India.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Anandiben Patel (Additional Charge)
- National Parks: Bandhavgarh National Park, Dinosaur Fossils National Park, Fossil National Park, Pench National Park, Kanha National Park, Kuno National Park, Madhav National Park, Panna National Park, Sanjay National Park, Satpura National Park, Van Vihar National Park
Indian Navy inks an MoU with Bharat Electronics Limited for a technology incubation forum
- The Indian Navy has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the creation of a joint Technology Incubation Forum (TIF).
- The TIF reflects the joint vision of the Indian Navy and BEL towards innovative and creative thinking and fostering the development of emerging technologies.
AJNIFM partners with Microsoft to build an AI and Emerging Technologies Centre of Excellence
- The Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Microsoft for a strategic partnership to build an Artificial intelligence (AI) and emerging technologies Centre of Excellence at AJNIFM.
- The collaboration seeks to explore the role of cloud, AI and emerging technologies in transforming and shaping the future of public finance management in India.
President Ram Nath Kovind lays the foundation stone for Ambedkar Memorial in Lucknow
- President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone for Bharat Ratna Ambedkar Memorial and Cultural Centre in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- The event was also attended by Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Ministers Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
- Zoological Parks: Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan Prani Udyan (Gorakhpur), Kanpur Zoological Park, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden
The 7th Indian Ocean Naval Symposium concludes in France
- The 7th edition of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) was concluded in France. This event was hosted by the French Navy at La Réunion. France assumed the Chairmanship of IONS from Iran for a two-year tenure (2021–22).
Banking and Economy
ICICI Bank launches a comprehensive banking solution for doctors named “Salute Doctors”
- ICICI Bank has announced the launch of a comprehensive banking solution for doctors named “Salute Doctors”.
- This solution provides customised banking as well as value-added services for every doctor, beginning from a medical student to a senior medical consultant to an owner of a hospital or a clinic.
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka
India records a current account surplus of 0.9% in FY21
- According to the latest data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India reported a current account surplus of 9 per cent of GDP. Current Account Surplus implies that export from India was more than import into India.
Flipkart launches ‘Shopsy’ digital platform focused on boosting local entrepreneurship
- Walmart-owned e-commerce firm Flipkart has announced the launch of “Shopsy” an app that will enable Indians to start their online businesses without any investment.
- The Shopsy users will be able to share catalogues of a wide selection of 15 crore products offered by Flipkart sellers. Flipkart aims to enable over 25 million online entrepreneurs by 2023.
Science and Technology
IIT Madras is set to host Global Water and Climate Adaptation Centre
- IIT Madras is hosting a ‘Global water and Climate Adaptation Centre’ being established with support from a German Government agency to tackle the global challenges of water security and adaptation to a changing climate.
- This centre is being formed by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and is being set up in collaboration with the German institutes of the Technical University of Dresden and RWTH Aachen University. This centre is named ‘ABCD’ (Aachen-Bangkok-Chennai-Dresden).
Air Marshal VR Chaudhari takes charge as IAF’s Vice Chief of Air Staff
- Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari took over as the new Vice Chief of Air Staff (VCOAS) of the Indian Air Force (IAF). He replaced HS Arora.
- He was the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Air Command from 1 August 2020.
Books and Authors
A new book titled “Fiercely Female: The Dutee Chand Story” was authored by Sundeep Mishra
- Journalist Sundeep Mishra’s new book is titled “Fiercely Female: The Dutee Chand Story”. The book is published by Westland Books.
Former US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld passed away at 88
- Former US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld passed away at the age of 88. He served as the US Defense Secretary in 1975–1977 and 2001–2006.
Bollywood filmmaker Raj Kaushal passed away at 49
- The writer-director-bollywood-filmmaker Raj Kaushal passed away at the age of 49. He directed three films — Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi, Shaadi Ka Laddoo and Anthony Kaun Hai.
Indian swimmer Srihari Nataraj qualifies for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Indian swimmer Srihari Nataraj officially qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after the sport’s (swimming) world governing body, Federation Internationale de natation (FINA), approved his ‘A’ standard qualification time in the men’s 100 m backstroke time trial at the Sette Colli Trophy in Rome, Italy.
Daily CA July 2 One-liner:
|1. World UFO Day – 2 July|
|2. World Sports Journalists Day – 2 July|
|3. Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates the National Horticulture Board Centre at Gwalior|
|4. Indian Navy inks an MoU with Bharat Electronics Limited for a technology incubation forum|
|5. AJNIFM partners with Microsoft to build an AI and Emerging Technologies Centre of Excellence|
|6. President Ram Nath Kovind lays the foundation stone for Ambedkar Memorial in Lucknow|
|7. The 7th Indian Ocean Naval Symposium concludes in France|
|8. ICICI Bank launches a comprehensive banking solution for doctors named “Salute Doctors”|
|9. India records a current account surplus of 0.9% in FY21|
|10. Flipkart launches ‘Shopsy’ digital platform focused on boosting local entrepreneurship|
|11. IIT Madras is set to host Global Water and Climate Adaptation Centre|
|12. Air Marshal VR Chaudhari takes charge as IAF’s Vice Chief of Air Staff|
|13. A new book titled “Fiercely Female: The Dutee Chand Story” was authored by Sundeep Mishra|
|14. Former US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld passed away at 88|
|15. Bollywood filmmaker Raj Kaushal passed away at 49|
|16. Indian swimmer Srihari Nataraj qualifies for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of July 02, 2021, now from the link given below.