DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : July 17, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (July 15, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
IFFI has been scheduled to be held from 20-28 November 2019 in Panaji, Goa
- The Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) has been scheduled to be held from 20-28 November 2019 in Panaji, Goa.
- The Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar announced the schedule regarding IFFI 2019.
- IFFI 2019 is to be organised jointly by the Directorate of Film Festivals and state-run Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) in Panaji.
- The celebrations in the year 2019 will mark the 50th edition of IFFI. Russia is to partner with IFFI.
International Film Festival of India (IFFI):
- IFFI was founded in 1952. The film festival is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
- IFFI is being organised in Goa since 2004 under the leadership of Chief Minister of Goa.
- The International Film Festival of India became globally competitive after its 35th edition.
World Bank planned to offer $250 million to Kerala
- World Bank would offer a loan of $250 million to the Kerala Government for the Resilient Kerala project.
- The main aim is at enhancing the state’s resilience against the impacts of natural disasters and climate change in the wake of last year’s floods.
- The World Bank recently signed a $250 million loan agreement to help Kerala enhance its resilience against natural disasters and climate change.
- Governor: P. Sathasivam
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Govt plans to set up 4,200 Ayush wellness centres in ongoing fiscal
- Ayush Minister Shripad Yesso Naik informed the Rajya Sabha that 2,500 new centres are planned to be opened within the first four months of the present government.
- The government also provided financial assistance to set up integrated Ayush hospitals in 85 districts across various states, and has plans to add more.
- The government is trying to modernise Ayush hospitals across the country and is increasing the number of doctors. It is also modernising postgraduate AYUSH medical colleges.
- The government provided around Rs 53,000 crore for Ministry of Health and Rs 1,686 crore for Ministry of Ayush for the last fiscal. Standing Committee asked to increase the budget for the Ministry of Ayush.
- Yadav asked the government to introduce NET like all-India entrance exam for tradition medical education.
Over 1.28 Lakhs Gram Panchayats linked with optical fibre under Bharat Net
- Union Panchayat Raj Minister Narendra Singha Tomar informed Lok Sabha that over one lakh 28 thousand Gram Panchayats linked with optical fibre under Bharat Net programme is uploading photographic evidence of the works taken up by them and assistance given to beneficiaries.
- Two lakh 19 thousand Gram Panchayats have uploaded their Development plan and the details of 16 lakh works taken up by them are on the website ensuring transparency.
- On empowering Panchayats further, states which do not conduct local body elections are not funded under the Finance Commission.
More than 3 crores beneficiaries receive 2nd instalment under PM KISAN
- Three crores ten lakh 77 thousand 444 beneficiaries have received the second instalment under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, PM-KISAN scheme till 5th of this month with a cost of over 6,215 crore rupees.
- Agriculture and Farmer Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said around 7,121 crore rupees is already credited into the bank accounts of 3 crores 56 lakh three thousand 344 beneficiaries as the first instalment.
- The government has also approved a pension scheme for all Small and Marginal Farmers in the country.
- The scheme provides for payment of a minimum fixed pension of three thousand rupees per month to the eligible farmers on attaining the age of 60 years with minimal or no savings.
India, Italy to set up fast-track mechanism to facilitate investment
- A fast-track system would be set up for companies and investors of India and Italy to facilitate investment proposals in both countries.
- The main aim is to facilitate Italian companies and investors in India and Indian companies and investors in Italy and to decide to establish a fast-track system for companies and investors of both countries.
- The key objectives of the system in India will be to pave the way for and identify and solve problems faced by Italian companies and investors with their operations in India.
- They serve as a platform for discussing general suggestions from the point of view of Italian companies and investors with regard to ease of doing business in India.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), under the ministry will represent Indian side in this system.
- The department will facilitate the participation of other relevant ministries and authorities on a case by case basis.
India-Uzbekistan hold meet on counter-terrorism
- The 8th meeting of India-Uzbekistan Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism was held in New Delhi on 16th July.
- The Group discussed measures to strengthen bilateral cooperation in the sphere of counter-terrorism through information sharing, mutual capacity building and sharing of best practices.
- Cooperation in multilateral fora including UN, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’s Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure and EAG was also discussed.
- The Joint Working Group reviewed threats posed by terrorist groups worldwide and in their respective regions including cross border terrorism.
- The next meeting of the Joint Working Group will be held in Uzbekistan on a mutually convenient date.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI imposed fine on SBI and Union Bank of India for violating certain regulatory guidelines
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed fine on State Bank of India (SBI) and Union Bank of India for violating certain regulatory guidelines.
- RBI fined Rs.7 crore as SBI did not comply with the directions issued by the RBI on Income Recognition and Asset Classification (IRAC) norms, code of conduct for opening and operating current accounts and reporting of data on Central Repository of Information on Large Credits (CRILC), and fraud risk management and classification and reporting of frauds.
- RBI also fined Rs.10 lakh on Union Bank for non-compliance with the directions on the cyber security framework in banks issued by the RBI.
- The RBI accused Union Bank of India that it failed to carry out the cyber security framework in 2016.
- RBI’s examination revealed reports of generation of seven fraudulent messages worth $171 million through the SWIFT system of the bank.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
No changes made in ITR forms after April 1 2019: CBDT
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has announced no changes have been made in any of the Income-tax Return (ITR) forms since the notification made on 1st April this year.
- There were reports in social media that the taxpayers were facing difficulties in filing return of income in ITR-2 and ITR-3 due to large scale changes in the ITR form.
- The impression that the taxpayers are not able to file a return due to changes in ITR form is not correct as over 1 crore 38 lakh taxpayers have already filed their returns till date.
- The software utility for e-filing of all the ITR forms has been released long back.
- The software utility is a dynamic process and is continuously taken up as per the feedback received from the filers to ease their experience in electronic filing of returns.
Around 30 lakh persons enrolled under PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme
- The union government notified the eligibility criteria for its mega pension scheme – Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan.
- They announced in the budget 2019 for unorganized sector workers. People who are at 40 years or already covered under a pension with part contribution by the government are not eligible for the scheme.
- Only one spouse will be eligible for family pension in case of demise of the pensioner.
- The Government via notification dated February 7, 2019 notified the rules and other criteria for the mega pension scheme announced by the Finance Minister.
- The mega pension scheme is known as Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan. The scheme will come into force from 15 February, 2019. As per the notification the Scheme shall apply to the unorganised workers.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Anusuiya Uikey, BB Harichandan Appointed Governors of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh
- BJP leaders Anusuiya Uikey and Biswa Bhusan Harichandan were appointed as governors of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh respectively.
- A communique was issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan after President Ram Nath Kovind cleared their files for the gubernatorial post.
- Harichandan, who is a BJP leader from Odisha, replaces ESL Narasimhan, who was the governor of Andhra Pradesh for the last one decade. Uikey is a BJP leader from Madhya Pradesh.
- The post of Chhattisgarh governor was under the additional charge of Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel.
- With the appointment of Harichandan, two Telugu states have got separate Governors. Harichandan was elected to the assembly five times; thrice on the BJP ticket and one each from Janatha and Jana Dal Parties.
Kiran More appointed as USA cricket teams interim coach
- Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Kiran More takes charge as the interim coach of the senior USA cricket team. He replaces the head coach Pubudu Dassanayake.
- Kiran More appointed as the USA’s director of cricket in June 2019. He served as the chairman of the Indian selection committee and the wicket keeping-consultant of Mumbai Indians in the IPL.
- The USA Cricket appointed as former India spinner Sunil Joshi as spin bowling advisor and Pravin Amre and Kieran Powell as advisors for the batting department.
FanMojo appointed Prithvi Shaw as its brand ambassador
- FanMojo has appointed Prithvi Shaw as its brand ambassador.
- FanMojo is a fantasy sports platform and it is owned by mobile tech company U2opia Global.
- A lot of former as well as current cricketers including Kapil Dev, MS Dhoni, Virat Kholi and Murali Karthik have associated themselves with various Fantasy cricket league.
- MS Dhoni is the ambassador of FanMojo’s biggest rival Dream11 and Virat Kohli has been endorsing Mobile Premier League.
- FanMojo was introduced to the market in 2016. It series of problems and scams and then it made a comeback in 2018.
Indians bagged 6 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze at Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet at Kladno
- Hima Das won the women’s 200m event for her third international triumph in 11 days at the Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet at Kladno, Czech Republic.
- At Kladno, the Indian trio of Vipin Kasana, Abhishek Singh and Davinder Singh Kang took the top three spots in men’s javelin final with efforts of 82.51m, 77.32m and 76.58m respectively.
- In men’s shot put event, national record holder Tejinder Pal Singh Toor managed a creditable best throw of 20.36m to win the bronze. He holds the national record of 20.75m.
- In the women’s 400m race, VK Vismaya clocked her personal best of 52.54 seconds to win the ‘A’ race. Saritaben was third with 53.37.
- Meanwhile, in the XXII International Memorial Competition in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, Indians also bagged 6 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze, with national record holder M Sreeshankar winning the long jump event with a creditable 7.97m.
- The other gold winners are: Archana in 100m (11.74 sec), Harsh Kumar in 400m (46.76 sec), Lili Das in 1500m (4:19.05), Sahil Silwal in javelin throw (78.50m), women’s 4×100 relay (45.81 sec).
Amir Khan clinched the WBC International Welterweight 2019 title in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- British-Pakistani Boxer Amir Khan clinched the WBC International Welterweight 2019 title in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The Olympic silver medalist defeated the Australian boxer Billy Dib.
- The event was organized by Khan’s Super Boxing League in association with the General Sports Authority of Saudi Arabia.
- The first professional boxing league in India is the Super Boxing League. The Super Boxing League was created in 2017, after Super Fight League first season. The founders of the league are British-Asian businessman Bill.
- Dosanjh and British-Pakistani boxing champion Amir Khan. The league is organized and supported by the World Boxing Council and Professional Boxing Organization India.
July 17: World Day for International Justice
- Every year on July 17, World Day for International Justice is observed all around the world. The aim of the day is to promote international criminal justice and as a way of supporting the work of the ICC.
- World Day for International Justice, also referred to as Day of International Criminal Justice or International Justice Day, is an international day celebrated throughout the world on July 17 as part of an effort to recognize the emerging system of international criminal justice.
- July 17 was chosen because it is the anniversary of the adoption of the Rome Statute, the treaty that created the International Criminal Court.
- On 1 June 2010, at the Review Conference of the Rome Statute held in Kampala (Uganda), the Assembly of State Parties decided to celebrate 17 July as the Day of International Criminal Justice.
July 17: World Emoji Day
- In recent years July the 17th has been known as World Emoji Day, chosen because the calendar emoji is depicted with the date of the 17th as its image.
- Emoji’s have actually been used since the beginning of the internet however their popularity has increased on a massive scale with the modern day smartphone having them built into our messaging dashboards, well known emoji merchandise on sale around the world and even an emoji movie in honour of them.
Fernando Corbató, a Father of Your Computer (and Your Password), Dies at 93
- Fernando Corbató, whose work on computer time-sharing in the 1960s helped pave the way for the personal computer, as well as the computer password, died at a nursing home in Newburyport, Mass. He was 93.
- He joined MIT in 1950 to study for a doctorate in physics, but realised during those years that he was more interested in the machines that physicists used to do their calculations than in the subject itself.
- In a bid to overcome this limitation, Dr Corbato developed an operating system for computers called the Compatible Time-Sharing System (CTSS).
- Rather than have the machine dedicated to one person, CTSS divided up the processing power of a computer into small slices so it could do little bits of work for lots of people.
- In 1990, Dr Corbato received the AM Turing Award – one of the highest honours given to computer scientists – for his pioneering work on time-sharing systems.
- Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL