DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : July 20, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (July 15, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
IEA appreciates Ujjwala scheme for providing free cooking gas connection to poor
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Ujjwala scheme for providing free cooking gas connection to poor came in for appreciate from the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- The Agency announced it is a major achievement in improving the environment and health of women.
- Speaking at a conference in New Delhi, IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol appreciates, providing access to LPG across India by 2020 is a major achievement. It is not an energy issue, it is an economic issue and it is a social issue.
- Launched by Modi on May 1, 2016, in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) aims to safeguard the health of women and children by providing free cooking gas (LPG) connection to poor families.
INS Sagardhwani starts on mission Sagar Maitri
- Marine Acoustic Research Ship (MARS), INS Sagardhwan started its two-month-long second mission Sagar Maitri from Southern Naval Command in Kochi, Kerala.
- It flagged off by Southern Naval commander Vice Admiral A.K. Chawla and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) chairman G. Satheesh Reddy.
- The main visit of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia would be initiating collaborative research programmes.
- It is an indigenously built Marine Acoustic Research Ship (MARS). It was commissioned in the year 1994.
- It is owned by Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory. It is operated by the Indian Navy.
- The ship carried out intensive oceanographic observational programmes and research over the years. They celebrated their silver jubilee on July 30, 2019.
MHA launched Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) for 2018-2020
- Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri G. Kishan Reddy Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) launched a scheme ‘Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C)’ for the period 2018-2020.
- The main aim is to combat cybercrime in India in a coordinated and effective manner.
- It is launched to enable the citizens to report online content pertaining to Child Pornography (CP)/ Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) or sexually explicit content such as Rape/Gang Rape (CP/RGR).
- The government took necessary steps to spread awareness on cybercrime, issue cyber-related alerts/ advisories, capacity building/ training of law enforcement officers/ judges/ prosecutors, improving cyber forensics facilities to prevent cybercrime and expedite investigations.
Components Names and Types
There are I4C 7 components namely:
- National Cybercrime Threat Analytics Unit
- National Cybercrime Reporting Portal
- A platform for Joint Cybercrime Investigation Team
- National Cybercrime Forensic Laboratory Ecosystem
- National Cybercrime Training Centre
- Cybercrime Ecosystem Management Unit
- National Cyber Research and Innovation Centre
World celebrates 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 moon landing
- World is celebrating the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 moon landing today, when American astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the Moon.
- Their lunar module, named Eagle, touched down on 20th July, 1969. A little over six hours later, Armstrong placed his left foot on the lunar surface, declaring that’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
- Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were on the surface, ex-fighter pilot Collins remained in lunar orbit, where he was in touch with ground control, providing them on his position.
- An event watched on television by half a billion people. Mr Collins has remained the more active of the surviving Apollo veterans and frequently shares lyrical recollections of the mission.
Motihari-Amlekhgunj oil pipeline ready for commercial operation
- The landmark Motihari-Amlekhgunj petroleum products pipeline between India and Nepal has been completed and ready for commercial operation.
- Indian Oil Corporation and Nepal Oil Corporation successfully completed testing transfer of the pipeline yesterday. Motihari-Amlekhgunj is the first transnational petroleum pipeline from India and first South Asian oil pipeline corridor. It is also the first oil pipeline in Nepal.
- The prestigious project is expected to be inaugurated soon by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart K P Sharma Oli.
- The 69 kilometre-long pipelines have been constructed by India in just 15 months, half of its 30 months deadline.
- Since 1974, Nepal has been importing its entire major petroleum products including petrol, diesel, ATF and LPG from India. The annual export worth of these products is over Eight thousand five hundred crore rupees.
- The oil pipeline will ensure smooth, cost effective and environment friendly supply of petroleum products to Nepal.
French Tycoon Bernard Arnault Overtakes Bill Gates to Become 2nd Richest Person in the World: Bloomberg
- According to Bloomberg, Arnault’s increased 39 billion dollars to his fortune in 2019, the highest individual gain on the 500-member index.
- In 2018, his LVMH, the world’s largest maker of luxury goods, collected more than 53 billion dollars in revenue. Bill Gates is the world’s 2nd richest person.
- Bill Gates is the world’s third-richest person with $107 billion as compared to second-richest person Arnault’s $108 billion wealth.
- Jeff Bezos remains the richest person in the world with a net worth of $124 billion.
- Capital: Paris
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Prime Minister: Édouard Philippe
BANKING & FINANCE
Andhra Bank rolls-out Al Chatbot ‘ABHi’ in Telangana
- Andhra Bank launched its AI (Artificial Intelligence) interactive assistant called “ABHi” at a function in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- It uses new-age technologies include to understand the customer query. They fetch the relevant information from the possible knowledge base in a matter of milliseconds.
- ABHi is powered by AI startup Floatbot.ai (Bangalore). They are in partnership with IT (Information Technology) company Netxcell Limited (Hyderabad).
- Customers will be able to get the information instantaneously 24×7, anytime by using ABHi & can also connect and know details from ABHi through (www.andhrabank.in) over Mobile/Desktop browser, Facebook Messenger and over voice using Google Assistant
- Andhra bank customers can ask details on digital banking, loans, banking services, govt. schemes, insurance, senior citizen, RuPay Offers, Aadhaar services, payment mode, lodge a customer complaint, know nearest Branch / ATM on Google map, recharge prepaid mobile, etc., on chat anytime.
- ABHi enable banking services such as balance check, ordering a cheque book, view mini statement, recent transactions in future.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Founded: 20 November 1923
- MD& CEO: J Packirisamy
SEBI opposed Centre’s proposal to transfer surplus money to the Consolidated Fund
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the capital markets regulator, has opposed the Centre’s proposal to transfer surplus money to the Consolidated Fund of India (CFI).
- SEBI cited that agreeing the proposal would make it to compromise its autonomy and its ability to function effectively towards the progress and development of the Indian securities market.
Consolidated Fund of India:
- CFI is the revenues collected by the Centre through direct taxes and indirect taxes, license fees, money received by govt. in loan repayment, profits from public sector undertakings.
- CFI is used for all the expenses of the government. Money cannot be withdrawn from CFI without the approval of Parliament.
- The fund is audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India and the reports will be submitted to the Union legislatures.
- Rajiv Mehrishi is the current CAG of India. CFI of Centre was established under Article 267 of the Indian Constitution and State Government’s was established under Article 266 of the Indian Constitution.
Delhi Traffic Police Launch New E-Payment System to Overcome Corruption
- The new e-challan system and the e-payment gateway for the use of Delhi Traffic Police. The scheme was launched by the Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik.
- The E-challan devices are enabled with active GPS. The challaning officer and the violator can be logged and tracked to a particular geo-location.
- This is an important tool for evidence. This tool is enabled to establish the credibility of the prosecution.
- The payment gateway mainly the citizens with the flexibility to log in securely at their convenience and settle the pending violation notices with proof of payment. The citizen interface with police improves and becomes more transparent.
- The e-challan system will integrate all these systems into one holistic professionally managed prosecution and traffic management system critical fillip to the efforts of achieving safe driving conditions in Delhi.
AGREEMENTS & MOU
Sri Lanka & IRCON International Ltd signed agreement to upgrade rail track
- Sri Lanka and IRCON (Indian Railway Construction Company) International Limited, under the Ministry of Railways, signed $91.26 million agreement for the up gradation of 130 km rail track. The rail track is located between Colombo and Jaffna in Tamil majority northern province of Sri Lanka.
- It was signed by Sunil Kumar Choudhury, Chairman & Managing Director, Ircon International Limited, and L.P Jayampathy, Secretary, Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation of Sri Lanka in the presence of Hon. Arjuna Ranatunga, Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation of Sri Lanka.
- It is under Indian concessional financing between Maho to Omanthai, Sri Lanka which is going to happen for the first time in 100 years. It includes 12 crossing stations, 7 halt stations and 78 level crossings.
- A new crossing station will be constructed between Medawachchiya to Vavuniya, Sri Lanka and 218 culverts and 90 bridges will be repaired or reconstructed as required. It will double the speed potential of the railway track from the current 60 km to 120 km per hour.
- India has committed Line of Credit (LoC) worth $1.3 billion for the development of the railway sector in Sri Lanka.
- They upgraded around 300 km of railway track and provided modern signaling and telecommunication system for around 330 km in Sri Lanka.
Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Colombo
Currency: Sri Lankan rupeePrime Minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Six states including Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh get new Governors
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandi Ben Patel will now be the new Governor of Uttar Pradesh while Lal Ji Tandon, who is the Governor of Bihar, has been shifted to Madhya Pradesh.
- Phagu Chauhan will be the Governor of Bihar replacing Lal Ji Tandon.
- Jagdeep Dhankhar has been appointed as the new Governor of West Bengal while Ramesh Bais is the Tripura Governor.
- A Rashtrapati Bhavan announced, R.N.Ravi will be the new Governor of Nagaland.
- The appointments will take effect from the dates they assume charge of their respective offices.
IFS officer Vivek Kumar appointed private secretary to PM
- Indian Foreign Service officer Vivek Kumar appointed as private secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet is mainly headed by the Prime Minister of India.
- Mr. Vivek Kumar who is currently working as Director in the Prime Minister’s Office.
- His appointment will come into effect from the day of the assumption of charge. The tenure will be on the co-terminus basis on future orders.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Author Rachna Bisht Rawats new book titled Kargil: Untold stories from the War released
- The 20th anniversary of the Kargil War a new book titled, “Kargil: Untold stories from the War” authored by Rachna Bisht Rawat released in New Delhi.
“Kargil: Untold stories from the War”
- The book is based on Rawat’s interviews with war survivors and martyrs’ families take the readers to the treacherous Himalayan Mountains.
- The war lasted for nearly three months, initiated in May of 1999 in an effort to displace Pakistani soldiers from the peaks they had occupied on the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC).
- This book is a tribute to their courage and that of their families, who have faced their loss with such dignity. The publishers wanted to honor the 527 Brave hearts who gave up their lives for the country.
- The book stands in August available for pre-order on e-commerce websites. The book has been published by Penguin Random House.
Indian Men & Women’s teams win Commonwealth Table Tennis title
- In Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship held in Cuttack 19th July, India made a record by winning gold in both men’s and women’s category.
- The Indian men won the final match defeating England 3-2. The Indian women team defeated England 3-0 in final match.
- The Indian women team won the gold for the first time in the history in the commonwealth games.
Shooting Junior World Cup: Aishwarya Pratap Singh clinches gold in rifle 3-position event
- In the Shooting Junior World Cup, Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar clinched gold with a junior world record in the final of rifle 3-position event in Suhl Germany, yesterday.
- Facing a top-class field in the finals with multiple ISSF medallists and Russian Grigoril Shamakov, the reigning Youth Olympic Games champion in the mix as well, Aishwarya began strongly and finished with a resounding victory.
- After qualifying in the fourth place with a total of 1171, Tomar with a score of 459.3 score beat Zalan Pekler of Hungary by 4.5 points for the gold.
- India finished the ISSF tournament on top of the table with 10 gold, 9 silver and five bronze for a total of 24 medals.
Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launches AIFF Golden Baby Leagues handbook
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched the All India Football Federation’s Golden Baby Leagues handbook 2019-20. The book is based on the sidelines of the Intercontinental Cup.
- The function took place in Ahmedabad. The launch marked the renaming of the ‘AIFF Baby Leagues’ to ‘AIFF Golden Baby Leagues’, with emphasis being laid for ages under 6 to under 12 both for girls and boys.
- The handbook is a guide to organise the Golden Baby League. The Leagues aim to provide access to football in localities irrespective of gender, religion, economic background.
All India Football Federation
Founded: 23 June 1937
Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi
President: Praful Patel
Sports Person P T Usha nominated for IAAF Veteran Pin
- Former Olympic track and field athlete P T Usha nominated for the International Association of Athletics Federations Veteran Pin.
- The Olympic track for her long and meritorious service to the cause of World Athletics.
- She will receive the pin during the opening ceremony of the 52nd IAAF Congress in Doha.
- P. T. Usha born in the village of Payyoli, Kozhikode District, Kerala
- Awards: Padma Shri, Arjuna Award for Athletics
- Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL