DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 10, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 10 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Accreditation Day- May 9:
- World Accreditation Day as a global initiative, jointly established by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), to raise awareness of the importance of accreditation.
- Theme of World Accreditation Day 2020 is “Accreditation: Improving food safety”.
World Bank lends Rs. 1,950 crore loans to West Bengal Govt for tackling COVID situation:
- West Bengal has given 1,950 Cr loans to the West Bengal for tackling COVID situation & developmental work in the State. Out of it, Rs. 1,100 Cr will be spent for creating Industrial infrastructures, remaining Rs. 850 crores are for the Social-Welfare schemes.
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar.
India’s first virtual business-to-business trade fair kicked off:
- India’s first virtual Business-To-Business trade fair concluded. It is organized by the Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH).
- This platform hosted stalls of around 200 Indian exporters four-day fair of fashion jewllery and accessories, to be accessed by importers in key markets like the US and Europe.
Uttar Pradesh govt amends 65 years old cow slaughter act of state:
- Uttar Pradesh government has amended the 65 years old cow slaughter act of state and made stringent provisions in a new ordinance to stop cow slaughter in the state. The State Cabinet has approved Cow-Slaughter Prevention (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Gairsain declared summer capital of Uttarakhand:
- Gairsain in Chamoli district was declared as the summer capital of Uttarakhand. It is expected that the declaration of a summer capital in the region will expedite development of the hilly areas.
- Capital- Gairsain(summer capital), Dehradun (winter capital).
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
- National Parks- Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Govind PashuVihar NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP, Valley of Flowers NP.
Distinct colour band for number plate sticker for BS-6 four-wheel vehicles:
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued an order mandating a strip of green colour of 1 cm width on top of the existing sticker carrying details of registration for BS-VI vehicles of any fuel type that is for petrol or CNG which have a light blue colour sticker and a diesel vehicle which is of Orange.
Government Hikes Import Duty On Bamboo From 10 To 25 Percent:
- Union Government has hiked Customs duty on Bamboo imports by Agarbatti manufacturers from 10 per cent to 25 per cent with immediate effect. The decision has been taken to encourage use of domestic bamboo under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat scheme.
World leaders won’t travel to New York for annual UN General Assembly session this year due to COVID-19:
- For the first time in 75 years, world leaders will not travel to New York for the annual UN General Assembly session in September this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the President of the UN General Assembly, Tijjani Muhammad-Bande has announced.
India Gears Up To Launch First Ever Coal Trading Exchange:
- India is planning to launch its first coal trading platform on the lines of commodity or energy exchanges. According to the proposal, entire coal produced in the country would be traded on the Coal Exchange.
- The country’s coal import has increased marginally by 3.2 per cent to 242.97 MT in 2019-20. Coal India Limited has set a production target of 1-billion tons by 2024.
Banking and Economy:
World Bank forecasts world economy to contract 5.2% in 2020:
- Global economy has plunged into a severe contraction, will shrink by 5.2 per cent this year due to the massive shock of the coronavirus pandemic and the shutdown measures to contain it said by World Bank President David Malpass.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass.
Indian GDP to contract 5% in FY21, stimulus not enough; S&P Ratings:
- S&P Global Ratings said Indian economy will shrink 5 per cent in the current fiscal, saying the fiscal stimulus worth 2 per cent of GDP will not be enough to provide significant growth support.
- S&P keeps India’s rating unchanged at ‘BBB-‘ keeps outlook stable. S&P said India Growth will rebound to 5 per cent in 2021-22. It projected growth to be 6.5 per cent in 2022-23.
PhonePe launches Domestic Trip Insurance with ICICI Lombard as India starts opening-up:
- PhonePe, India’s leading digital payments platform announced the launch of a comprehensive, industry-first domestic multi-trip insurance cover in a strategic partnership with ICICI Lombard, India’s largest non-life insurance company.
- The cost of the insurance is Rs 499/year. It provides 365-day stress-free travel experience, protection & covers all modes (road, rail and air within the country) of transport.
RBI proposes new norms for loan sales and securitizations:
- RBI has issued new draft frameworks for the sale of loan exposures and the securitization of standard assets by banks and NBFIs. The definition of securitization has been modified to allow single asset securitisations against the previous multiple assets.
Hero MotoCorp launches integrated online sales platform eSHOP:
- The country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp launched an integrated online sales platform “eSHOP”. Hero MotorCorp eShop has been created to enhance the customer’s overall experience by providing a fully-digital and seamless buying process.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
National Fertilizers Ltd ties up with ITI to train youth in various trades:
- National Fertilizers Ltd (NFL) a central PSU under the Department of Fertilizers has started tying up with Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) located near to its plants to train youth in various trades, which will enhance the chances of their employability in heavy and process industry.
Recykal partnered with UNDP, HCCB for plastic waste management Project Prithivi:
- Recykal, a digital technology company in the waste management space collaborated with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd (HCCB) for Project Prithvi, a joint initiative for developing sustainable plastic waste management practices in the country.
Science and Technology:
DIAT Pune develops Nanotechnology-based Disinfectant Spray to fight COVID-19:
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, a Deemed to be University, Pune has developed a Nanotechnology based disinfectant spray to combat COVID-19 by disinfecting all types of surfaces. It has been named “ANANYA”. This can be used by anyone.
Indian Air Force inducts indigenous airborne rescue pod for critical and COVID-19 patients:
- Indian Air Force has inducted an indigenously developed Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation (ARPIT) that can be utilised for the evacuation of critical patients with infectious diseases including, COVID-19 from high altitude areas and remote places.
- The indigenous system has been developed at a cost of only Rs 60,000 whereas imported systems cost up to Rs 60 lakh.
IIT Guwahati Student’s Startup Flyzy Develops Mobile Application For Safe And Contactless Air Travel:
- Students of Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati have developed a mobile application, called ‘Flyzy’, to provide a seamless air travelling experience to passengers during the pandemic. The application has been developed by Deepak Meena, Hansraj Patel, and Arjit Singh.
- The aim of the application is to provide contactless boarding keeping in mind the easier baggage drop, manageable parking, better shopping experience and providing necessary updates during the whole journey.
‘Mirror Image’ of the Earth and Sun discovered 3000 light-years away:
- Astronomers may have discovered an Earth-like exoplanet orbiting a Sun-like star, a little over 3,000 light-years The planet named ‘Planet KOI-456.04′, the unconfirmed exoplanet is thought to be similar to Earth for several reasons. It receives 93% as much light as Earth gets from the Sun.
Lawyer Javed Iqbal Wani appointed J&K High Court Judge:
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed senior Kashmiri lawyer Javed Iqbal Wani as a Judge of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court. He also served as additional advocate general of Jammu and Kashmir High Court for nearly 11 months in 2019.
Anil Valluri appointed as senior director for Google Cloud India:
- Google Cloud has appointed Anil Valluri as Senior Director for Google Cloud in India. Valluri has over 30 years of experience in sales and marketing in the hi-tech industry. Before joining Google Cloud, Valluri was the President of India & SAARC operations at NetApp.
Awards and Recognitions:
Astronaut Kathy Sullivan Becomes First Woman to Reach deepest point of ocean:
- Kathy Sullivan, America’s first female spacewalker, also became the first woman to reach the deepest known point of the ocean.
- Sullivan dove to the bottom of the Challenger Deep and safely returned in her submersible vessel. She is now the eighth person to reach the depth, the lowest point in the Marianas Trench, which is about 35,853 feet under the Western Pacific Ocean surface.
Indian Entrepreneur Renjith Kumar honoured with ‘NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal’:
- Renjith Kumar has bagged the NASA’s highest form of recognition for a non-governmental individual ‘NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal’ for his service through executive leadership, engineering contribution, technical excellence, and customer satisfaction.
- RK Chetty Pandipati was the First Indian to win this award in 2002.
Tamil Nadu lawmaker and DMK MLA J Anbazhagan dies due to Covid-19:
- DMK MLA Anbazhagan from Chepauk became the first VIP victim of coronavirus from Tamil Nadu when he died at the age of 62. A three-time MLA, Anbazhagan was elected to the assembly in 2001, 2011 and 2016.
Former Union Water Resources minister Arjun Charan Sethi passed away at 79:
- Former Union minister Arjun Charan Sethi passed away at the age of 79. An eight-time Madhya Pradesh from Bhadrak Lok Sabha constituency, Sethi was the Union Water Resources Minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA government from 2000 to 2004.
Former TN footballer Balasamy passes away:
- Balasamy former Vice President of Chennai Football Association and assistant secretary of Madras United Club passed away. Balasamy first played for Don Bosco Oratoryin the MFA league.
Kurt Thomas, World Champion Gymnast and ‘Gymkata’ Star, Dies at 64:
- Kurt Thomas, the winner of the first World Championship gold medal in the history of S. gymnastics, passed away. Thomas, known for his original and daring skills, including the “Thomas Flair” on pommel horse, and the “Thomas Salto” on floor exercise, won a total of eight world medals.
India’s 800m runner Gomathi handed four-year ban for doping, to lose Asian Championships gold:
- India’s Gomathi Marimuthu will be stripped off her 2019 Asian Athletics Championships gold medal after she was handed a four-year ban by the Athletics Integrity Unit for testing positive for a banned substance. She is from Tamil Nadu.
AIU Suspended Salwa Eid Naser Missed Four Tests as World 400m Champion:
- Nigerian-born Bahraini runner Salwa Eid Naser, who ran the third-fastest 400m in history when winning gold at last year’s world championships in Doha, is facing a two-year ban after being provisionally suspended for missing three drug tests in a 12-month period.
- The suspension was by the Athletics Integrity Unit, Naser had been issued with a charge for violating World Anti-Doping Agency rules.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.