Daily Current Affairs: October 27, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (October 27, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Day for Audiovisual Heritage – 27 October
- World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is observed on 27 October every year to raise awareness about the need to take measures and acknowledge the importance of preserving audiovisual materials.
- The theme for 2021 is ‘Your Window to the World’.
- The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is celebrated by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) along with the Coordinating Council of Audiovisual Archives Associations (CCAAA).
75th Infantry Day for India – 27 October
- Indian Army observed the 75th Infantry Day on 27 October to commemorate the remembrance of the first military event of independent India, when the Indian Army repelled the first attack on the Indian soil on 27 October 1947 in the Kashmir valley.
Union Government has set up a National Steering Committee to implement the NIPUN Bharat Mission
- The Union Government has constituted a National Steering Committee (NSC) headed by the Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan for the implementation of the NIPUN Bharat Mission.
- The National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN) Bharat Mission was launched in July 2021 by the Department of School Education and Literacy with the goal of achieving universal proficiency in foundational literacy and numeracy for every child by the end of class 3 by 2026–27, as envisaged by National Education Policy 2020.
- This committee’s goal will be to monitor the National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy’s development, provide policy advice and help the mission to meet its goal in 2026–27.
Telangana Government reveals the world’s largest cricket bat in Hyderabad
- The world’s largest cricket bat, certified by Guinness World Records, was revealed by the Telangana Government in Hyderabad.
- This bat is 56.1 feet long and weighs around 9000 kg. The budget spent on making this bat is almost ₹70 lakhs and it was designed by Pernod Ricard India Limited.
- It was unveiled by the former Indian cricket team captain and the present Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) President Mohammad Azharuddin.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief Minister: Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- National Parks: Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park, Mahaveer Harina National Park, Mrugavani National Park
Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launches a ‘Go-Green’ scheme to provide e-vehicles to workers
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launched a ‘Go-Green’ scheme to provide electric two-wheelers at subsidised rates to construction and industrial workers of Gujarat aimed at reducing fuel bills and saving the environment by curbing vehicular pollution.
- A worker in the organised sector, such as an industrial labourer, would be eligible for a subsidy of 30% on the vehicle’s price or ₹30,000, whichever is less when purchasing battery-powered two-wheelers under this scheme.
- The construction workers would receive a 50% subsidy or ₹30,000, whichever is less, while e-vehicle buyers in both categories will receive a one-time subsidy on RTO registration and road tax.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Bhupendra Patel
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- National Parks: Blackbuck National Park, Vansda National Park, Gir Forest National Park, Marine (Gulf of Kachchh) National Park
Glasgow is set to host the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of Parties from 31 October 2021 to 12 November 2021
- The 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP-26) is to be hosted in the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) in Glasgow, the United Kingdom, from 31 October 2021 to 12 November 2021, which is to be hosted by the United Kingdom and Italy.
Banking & Economy
Asian Development Bank and India sign a $4.5 million project readiness financing loan to support urban mobility in Mizoram
- The Asian Development Bank and the Government of India signed a $4.5 million project readiness financing (PRF) loan to support project preparation and design activities to improve urban mobility in Aizawl, Mizoram.
- In its interventions, the PRF will develop a comprehensive mobility plan for Aizawl that outlines Aizawl’s urban transportation development strategy and builds synergies with Mizoram’s urban development planning initiatives, as well as promote climate and disaster resilience and gender inclusivity.
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
ICICI Lombard launches BeFit solution to provide cashless outpatient department expenses (OPD) and wellness solutions to users
- ICICI Lombard launched BeFit solution, which will provide cashless outpatient department expenses (OPD) and wellness solutionso customers.
- The BeFit solution provides cashless coverage for all of a policyholder’s OPD needs, including physical and virtual consultations with general, specialty and super-specialist doctors, as well as physiotherapy sessions.
Indian-origin politician Anita Anand was appointed as the Defence Minister of Canada
- Indian-origin Canadian politician Anita Anand was appointed as Canada’s new Defence Minister in a Cabinet reshuffle by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- She replaces Harjit Sajjan, who was appointed as the Canada’s Minister of International Development Agency.
- She is the second woman to serve as Canada’s Defence Minister after Kim Campbell in the 1990s.
Shavkat Mirziyoyev was appointed as the President of Uzbekistan for a second term
- Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev was re-elected for a second five-year term.
- He had taken 80.1% of the vote against four token opponents.
- After the death of his mentor, Islam Karimov, who controlled Uzbekistan for 27 years, he came to power in 2016.
- Capital: Tashkent
- Currency: Uzbekistani Som
- President : Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Agreements and MoUs signed
Indigo Airlines partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited to launch Ka-ching credit card
- IndiGo Airlines has partnered with Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMBL) to launch the Ka-ching co-branded credit card, which is part of IndiGo’s 6E rewards programme and is available in two variants — 6E Rewards and 6E Rewards XL — to provide varied benefits to card-holders both on domestic and international travel.
- Passengers will be able to earn additional 6E rewards on dining, shopping, transport, medical bills, utilities, fuel and other major categories with feature partners of the 6E rewards programme.
SBI General Insurance partners with Google Pay to offer health insurance
- SBI General Insurance established a technology partnership with Google Pay, allowing users to purchase SBI General’s health insurance using the Google Pay application.
- This collaboration is Google Pay’s first such tie-up with an insurer in India and will provide customers with health insurance on Google Pay application.
- With this collaboration, a standard health insurance plan Aarogya Sanjeevani will be offered at an affordable premium by SBI General Insurance on the Google Pay platform.
South Korea’s former President Roh Tae-woo passed away
- Former South Korean President Roh Tae-woo was passed away at the age of 88.
- He was a decorated combat veteran who played a crucial but divisive role in the transition from authoritarian leadership to democratic elections.
- He began his military career during the 1950–1953 Korean War and was the commander of a combat unit in the Vietnam War.
Veteran Gandhian S. N. Subba Rao passed away
- Eminent Gandhian thinker N. Subba Rao passed away at the age of 92 due to cardiac arrest.
- He was well-known for his ‘Shramdan’ (voluntary contribution of labour) programmes and camps, with which a huge number of young people all throughout India were connected.
- He was arrested at the age of 13 for participating in the Quit India Movement.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri, Karnataka Government’s Mahatma Gandhi Seva Award, Shanti Doot International Award, Anuvrat Ahimsa Award and Jamnalal Bajaj Puraskar.
Daily CA- 27 October One Liners
|World Day for Audiovisual Heritage – 27 October|
|75th Infantry Day for India – 27 October|
|Union Government has set up a National Steering Committee to implement the NIPUN Bharat Mission|
|Telangana Government reveals the world’s largest cricket bat in Hyderabad|
|Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launches a ‘Go-Green’ scheme to provide e-vehicles to workers|
|Glasgow is set to host the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of Parties from 31 October 2021 to 12 November 2021|
|Asian Development Bank and India sign a $4.5 million project readiness financing loan to support urban mobility in Mizoram|
|ICICI Lombard launches BeFit solution to provide cashless outpatient department expenses (OPD) and wellness solutions to users|
|Indian-origin politician Anita Anand was appointed as the Defence Minister of Canada|
|Shavkat Mirziyoyev was appointed as the President of Uzbekistan for a second term|
|Indigo Airlines partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited to launch Ka-ching credit card|
|SBI General Insurance partners with Google Pay to offer health insurance|
|South Korea’s former President Roh Tae-woo passed away|
|Veteran Gandhian S. N. Subba Rao passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of October 27, 2021, now from the link given below.