DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 11, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 11 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Madhya Pradesh gets Rs 1,280 crore from Centre under Jal Jeevan Mission:
- Centre has approved Rs 1,280 crore for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in Madhya Pradesh for 2020-21. The state government had presented an annual action plan on drinking water and sanitation aimed at providing adequate drinking water to rural households in the state.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Uttarakhand opens its biggest biodiversity park in Haldwani on World Environment Day:
- Uttarakhand forest department opened the first biodiversity park in Haldwani, which is the states biggest, on World Environment Day. The park is spread across 18 acres and has around 500 species of plants.
- Capital- Gairsain(summer capital), Dehradun (winter capital).
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
- National Parks- Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Govind PashuVihar NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP, Valley of Flowers NP.
Gujarat reports 28.87% rise in population of Asiatic lions:
- Gujarat has reported a significant rise in the population of Asiatic lions in their habitat in the protected areas and the agro-pastoral landscape of the Saurashtra region in the state, including the famed Gir Forests, to 674.
- “Poonam Avlokan” is a routine monthly exercise conducted for estimating the population of Asiatic lions.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
Migrants to receive covid care via Ayushman Bharat scheme:
- Government is making a list of Migrant Workers from states to offer health insurance benefits under AB-PMJAY. Migrant workers who receive e-cards can avail treatment from empanelled hospitals across the country. Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana provides health cover of as much as Rs 5 lakh per family a year.
Government allots Rs. 4000 crore to states under ‘Per Drop More Crop’:
- Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmer’s Welfare has been implementing the “Per Drop More Crop” component of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY-PDMC).
- For the year 2020-21, the annual allotment of 4000 crore has already been allocated and conveyed to the state governments by the centre under the ‘Per Drop More Crop’ component.
MoS Home G Kishan Reddy & 9 others named on new panel for freedom fighters:
- Ministry of Home Affairs has reconstituted a committee to look into the welfare of freedom fighters, with the minister of state for home affairs G Kishan Reddy as the chairman and 9 ‘eminent freedom fighters’ from across the country as its members.
Ministry of Tourism brings out the “Hidden Treasures of Chhattisgarh” through 30th webinar under Dekho Apna Desh series:
- To make viewers virtually explore the unexplored destination, create awareness about the hidden destinations in Chhattisgarh, unique culture, tribal heritage and festivals, the Ministry of Tourism’s celebrated Dekho Apna Desh webinar series showcased the “HIDDEN TREASURES OF CHHATTISGARH”.
- Dekho Apna Desh Webinar Series is an effort to showcase India’s rich diversity under ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme’.
Banking and Economy:
Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India reduce MCLR across all tenors:
- State-run lenders Bank of Baroda (BoB) and Union Bank of India (UBI) on Wednesday announced cut in their Marginal Cost Of Funds-Based Lending Rates (MCLR) across all tenors.
- BoB has revised its one-year MCLR to 65% from 7.80%. Union Bank of India has reduced its one-year MCLR to 7.60 per cent from 7.70 per cent.
Indian economy to grow at 9.5% in next fiscal: Fitch Ratings:
- India’s economy is forecast to bounce back with a sharp growth rate of 5 per cent next year provided it avoids further deterioration in financial sector health, Fitch Ratings
- Fitch Ratings forecast a 5 per cent contraction in the GDP in the ongoing financial year.
CBIC launches Turant Customs for faceless clearance of imported goods:
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes (CBIC) has launched its flagship programme, Turant Customs, at Bengaluru and Chennai, paving the way for technology-supported faster Customs clearance of imported goods.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Empays Payment Systems partners Mastercard to enable contact-free ATM cash withdrawals:
- Empays Payment Systems India Pvt Ltd, which built and runs the IMT Payment System announced a partnership with Mastercard to enable contact-free ATM cash withdrawals in India.
Bharti Airtel arm buys 6.3% more stake in Robi Axiata from NTT Docomo:
- Bharti International (Singapore), a whole owned subsidiary (step-down) of Bharti Airtel currently owns 25% stake in Robi Axiata, an entity in Bangladesh. BISPL has acquired additional 6.3% stake in Robi from NTT DOCOMO and its group entities.
TCS partners with NSDC to provide its training partners access to the TCS iON Digital Glass Room:
- TCS iON, a strategic unit of Tata Consultancy Services has partnered with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to provide its training partners access to digital skilling tools using TCS’ iON Digital Glass Room.
EPaisa Joins Hand With First Alliance Bank Zambia Ltd To Promote MPOS Solution In Africa:
- ePaisa, a point of sale (POS) solution provider in India’s has entered into a partnership with First Alliance Bank (Z) Ltd in Zambia, Africa to provide mobile point of sale (mPOS) solution to the SME’s and other businesses in the country.
- The prime focus of the partnership for First Alliance Bank (FAB) is to empower all businesses with the POS solution in various industries across Zambia starting with the much-required contactless payment feature.
Science and Technology:
CSIR-IHBT and Himachal Government partner to increase production of Saffron, Heeng:
- Saffron and Heeng (asafoetida) is the most valuable spices of the world and widely used in Indian cuisine since time immemorial.
- To increase the production of these two spices in India, the Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (CSIR-IHBT) and the Department of Agriculture, Government of Himachal Pradesh, have forged strategic and implementation partnership based on their mutual strengths.
GRSE delivers fifth ship in Fast Patrol Vessels” series to Indian Coast Guard:
- Premier warship builder Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) delivered ICGS Kanaklata Barua, the fifth and final ship in the series of Fast Patrol Vessels (FPV) for the Indian Coast Guard.
- This is the 105th vessel delivered by the Defence PSU shipyard based on the banks of river Hooghly.
IIT-BHU develops Anti-microbial multilayer face mask to annihilate pathogenic microorganisms:
- Dr Marshal & his team at the School of Biomedical Engineering, IIT-BHU have developed an anti-microbial 5-layered face mask. It can annihilate pathogenic microorganisms that are stuck to its outer surface & thereby limit the spread of secondary infections.
Monika Kapil Mohta appointed India’s next Ambassador to Switzerland:
- Diplomat Monika Kapil Mohta has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Switzerland, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) announced. Presently, Mohta, an Indian Foreign Service officer of 1985 batch, is India’s Ambassador to Sweden.
- Capital: Bern
- Currency: Swiss Franc.
- President: Simonetta Sommaruga.
Lakshmi Vilas Bank appoints B K Manjunath as non-exec, independent director:
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) has appointed B K Manjunath as its non-executive and independent director.
- Manjunath is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and practising as a chartered accountant.
Shri Shambhu S. Kumaran has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Philippines:
- Diplomat Shambhu S Kumaran has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Philippines, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said. Kumaran is presently Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Capital: Manila
- Currency: Peso
- President: Rodrigo Duterte.
Indian-origin Prabhakar Raghavan has been promoted as the head of Google Search and Assistant:
- American tech giant Google has appointed Prabhakar Raghavan as the head of Search and Assistant. Raghavan will be succeeding Ben Gome, who will be given a new role and will report directly to Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
Nagarjuna cement signs Actor Varun Tej as brand ambassador:
- Hyderabad-headquartered NCL Industries has signed Varun Tej Konidela, star of Telugu cinema, as the brand ambassador for its cement brand, Nagarjuna Cement.
Actor Sonu Sood appointed as brand ambassador of Gargo International:
- Gargo International, the delhi based lubricant company under the RG group appoints Sonu Sood as the brand ambassador in January 2020 & praised him now for his support works for the migrants and went live with their TVC starring Sonu Sood.
Mumbai most expensive Indian city for expats, 19th most expensive in Asia: Survey:
- According to Mercer’s ‘2020 Cost of Living Survey’, Mumbai is the 60th most expensive city for expatriates globally, while it ranks 19th in Asia. Mumbai is followed by New Delhi (101st globally) and Chennai (143rd globally), Bengaluru (171) & Kolkata (185) are the least expensive cities.
- The global list was topped by Hong Kong, followed by Ashgabat (Turkmenistan) in second position. Japan’s Tokyo and Switzerland’s Zurich remain in the third and fourth positions.
Switzerland safest country in the world on COVID-19 safety assessment; India ranks 56th:
- India has been ranked 56th out of 200 countries in a comprehensive report on safety and risk assessment of nations tackling Covid-19.
- Switzerland is the safest country in the world for Covid-19, followed by Germany and Israel. South Sudan is the most dangerous was ranked at 200th position.
Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza dies of ‘cardiac arrest’ at 55:
- Burundi’s President Pierre Nkurunziza, aged 55, has died after suffering a cardiac arrest. After 15 years in power, Mr Nkurunziza was due to step down in August. In 2015, the announcement that he would run for a third term plunged the country into chaos.
- Capital: Gitega.
- Currency: Burundian Franc.
Former European High Jump Champion Alexander Shustov Cops Doping Ban:
- Former European high jump champion Alexander Shustov has been banned for 4 years for doping in the latest case from previous years to hit the Russian team, the Court of Arbitration for Sport He won the gold medal at the European championships- 2010.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.