Daily Current Affairs: September 23, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (September 23, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Rose Day – 22 September
- World Rose Day is observed on 22 September every year to bring joy to the lives of cancer patients, to cheer them up and to remind them that they are not alone in this battle against cancer.
- This day is celebrated in the memory of 12-year-old Melinda Rose from Canada, who was diagnosed with Askin’s Tumour, a rare form of blood cancer.
International Day of Sign Languages – 23 September
- The International Day of Sign Languages is observed on 23 September every year to raise awareness about the importance of sign language in the full realisation of the human rights of people who are deaf.
- The theme of the year 2021: ‘We sign for human rights’.
India virtually hosts the first India–United Kingdom Consular Dialogue
- India virtually hosted the first India– United Kingdom (UK) Consular Dialogue to strengthen people-to-people contacts between the two countries as part of the India–UK 2030 roadmap.
- Both the countries agreed to hold the next round of this consular dialogue 2022 in England’s London at a mutually convenient date.
Union Education Ministry constitutes a 12-member committee to develop the new National Curriculum Framework (NCF)
- The Union Education Ministry constituted a 12- member National Steering Committee headed by former ISRO Chief Kasturirangan for developing a new National Curriculum Framework (NCF) in line with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- The national curriculum framework serves as a guideline for syllabus, textbooks and teaching and learning techniques. India is now using its fourth national curriculum framework, which was issued by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) in 2005.
Assam Government is planning to set up a Tea Park at Chayygaon in the Kamrup district
- Assam Government will be setting up a Tea Park at Chayygaon in the Kamrup district to improve the quality of tea production.
- This park will have rail and port connectivity, cargo and warehouse amenities, processing facilities like tea grinding, blending, packaging and other utility services under one roof.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Raimona National Park and Dihing-Patkai National Park
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. K. Stalin released the Tamil Nadu Export Promotion Strategy 2021 (EPS 2021), which aims to boost the Tamil Nadu’s exports from $26 billion to $100 billion by 2030.
- This five-year strategy was unveiled by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. K. Stalin as Tami Nadu targets a $1 trillion economy by quadrupling its exports in nine years.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: M. K. Stalin
- Governor: R. N. Ravi
- National Parks: Mukurthi National Park, Guindy National Park, Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park, Indira Gandhi (Annamalai) National Park, Mudumalai National Park
India and the UAE launch the negotiations for a mutually beneficial Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA)
- India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have officially launched the negotiations for a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) to conclude negotiations by December 2021 and sign a formal agreement in March 2022 after the completion of internal legal procedures and ratification.
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina receives the SDG Progress Award
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has received the ‘SDG Progress Award’ from the UN-sponsored Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) for Bangladesh’s steady progress in responding to the universal call to action to end poverty, protect the environment and ensure peace and prosperity for all.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
UNESCO announces 20 new sites as biosphere reserves in 21 countries to the World Network of Biosphere Reserves
- UNESCO has added 20 new sites in 21 countries to the World Network of Biosphere Reserves, which promote solutions reconciling the conservation of biodiversity with its sustainable use.
- The International Coordinating Council of UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere Programme (MAB-ICC) meeting in Abuja from 13 to 17 September 2021 (for the first time on the African continent) approved these additions.
Newly Added Biosphere Reserves
|1.||Lesotho||Matseng Biosphere Reserve|
|2.||Libya||Ashaafean Biosphere Reserve|
|3.||Saudi Arabia||Juzur Farasan Biosphere Reserve|
|4.||Austria||Lower Mura Valley Biosphere Reserve|
|5.||Croatia and Hungary||Mura-Drava-Danube Transboundary Biosphere Reserve|
|6.||Serbia||Backo Podunavlje Biosphere Reserve|
|7.||Slovenia||Mura River Biosphere Reserve|
|8.||Canada||Howe Sound Biosphere Reserve|
|9.||France||Martinique Biosphere Reserve
Moselle Sud Biosphere Reserve
|10.||Italy||Monte Grappa Biosphere Reserve|
|11.||Kazakhstan||Kolsai Kolderi Biosphere Reserve|
|12.||Republic of Korea||Wando Biosphere Reserve|
|13.||Malaysia||Penang Hill Biosphere Reserve|
|14.||Mongolia||Uvs Lake Depression Transboundary Biosphere Reserve|
|15.||Peru||Avireri-Vraem Biosphere Reserve|
|16.||Russian Federation||Kuznetsky Alatau Biosphere Reserve
Mountain Great Bogdo Biosphere Reserve
|17.||Spain||Ribeira Sacra E Serras Do Oribio E Courel Biosphere Reserve|
|18.||Thailand||Doi Chiang Dao Biosphere Reserve|
|19.||Uzbekistan||Lower Amudarya State Biosphere Reserve|
|20.||Vietnam||Nui Chua Biosphere Reserve
Kon ha Nung Biosphere Reserve
Banking & Economy
Federal Bank signs an MoU with Ashok Leyland for vehicle financing
- Federal Bank signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ashok Leyland for a strategic partnership for vehicle financing, which will enable the two firms to offer customised financial solutions to their customers.
- Under this partnership, Federal Bank will provide end-to-end financial solutions to Ashok Leyland clients, including auto loans with flexible monthly payback options.
- Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
Federal Bank partners with OneCard for mobile-first credit cards
- Federal Bank partnered with OneCard for a mobile-first credit card to offer the digital experience to the young population across India.
- The mobile-first credit card features smooth in-app onboarding, with the virtual card being authorised and available for use immediately. The metal card will be delivered to the customer in 3–5 days.
- Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
Rajiv Bansal was appointed as the Secretary to the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Air India Chairman and Managing Director Rajiv Bansal was appointed as the Civil Aviation Secretary to the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation. He succeeded Pradeep Singh Kharola.
- Rajiv Bansal has served as a financial advisor to the Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- He has also served in the position of Director of the Union Civil Aviation Ministry and also served in the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Andrew Bosworth is set to be the next Chief Technology Officer of Facebook
- Andrew Bosworth is set to be the next Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Facebook after replacing Mike Schroepfer, who will be stepping down from his role and transitioning to a new part-time role as Facebook’s first Senior Fellow in 2022.
Books and Authors
Paula Hawkins releases a new book titled ‘A Slow Fire Burning’
- Paula Hawkins released her new book titled ‘A Slow Fire Burning’. The thriller book is published by Riverhead Books.
Daily CA- 23 September one liners
|World Rose Day – 22 September|
|International Day of Sign Languages – 23 September|
|India virtually hosts the first India–United Kingdom Consular Dialogue|
|Union Education Ministry constitutes a 12-member committee to develop the new National Curriculum Framework (NCF)|
|Assam Government is planning to set up a Tea Park at Chayygaon in the Kamrup district|
|Tamil Nadu Government releases the Tamil Nadu Export Promotion Strategy 2021|
|India and the UAE launch the negotiations for a mutually beneficial Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA)|
|Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina receives the SDG Progress Award|
|UNESCO announces 20 new sites as biosphere reserves in 21 countries to the World Network of Biosphere Reserves|
|Federal Bank signs an MoU with Ashok Leyland for vehicle financing|
|Federal Bank partners with OneCard for mobile-first credit cards|
|Rajiv Bansal was appointed as the Secretary to the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation|
|Andrew Bosworth is set to be the next Chief Technology Officer of Facebook|
|Paula Hawkins releases a new book titled ‘A Slow Fire Burning’|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of September 23, 2021, now from the link given below.