SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment – Official Notification Released
Dear SSC Students,
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) has released the official notification for the open competitive examination for the recruitment of Sub – Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) for the present year 2020.
The SSC CPO 2020 exam will be conducted for various posts in the Police Department under the Central Government such as Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police Forces and Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force.
This is the First official notification released during the pandemic period (COVID 19) as many organizations have deferred conducting online exams due to the fear of COVID -19 & as precaution measures.
About Posts – SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
Departmental candidates amongst Constables, Head Constables and Assistant Sub-Inspector of Delhi Police with minimum three years’ service and who shall not be more than 30 years (33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ ST) of age as on crucial date given at Para 5.1 may also apply for filling up of Open and Departmental Vacancies of Sub-Inspector (Executive)-Male. The details of posts are as under:
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400- 1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
- Sub-Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Leve-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
Important Dates – SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
- Submission of online applications: 17-06-2020 to 16-07-2020
- Last date and time for receipt of applications: 16-07-2020 (23:30)
- Last date and time for making online fee payment: 18-07-2020 (23:30)
- Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 20-07-2020 (23:30)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 22-07-2020
- Dates of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I): 29-09-2020 to 05-10-2020
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-II): 01-03-2021
Vacancies – SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
(a) Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police – Male
|Type of vacancy||UR||EWS||OBC||SC||ST||Total|
(b) Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police – Female
|Type of vacancy||UR||EWS||OBC||SC||ST||Total|
(c) Sub-Inspector (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)
- Candidates selected for appointment for posts of SI in CAPFs are liable to serve anywhere in
- The vacancies are Tentative. Any change in the number of vacancies will be intimated through the website of the Commission.
- For the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, reservation is available for ex-servicemen and special categories of ex-servicemen as detailed below:
- Out of the quota meant for ex-servicemen, 50% of such quota will be reserved for the following categories of ex-servicemen:
- Having served in the Special Force/ NSG (Special Action Group), or
- Having received QI “Qualified Instructors” grading in the commando course, or
- Officers from the Navy/Air Force who have worked in the specialized commando type
Age Limit – SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
- Age Limit: 20 to 25 Years
- The Age limit will be considered as on 01-01-2021. i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2001).
- Age relaxation for categories are clearly mentioned in the official notification of the SSC CPO 2020.
- The age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 01-01-2021 i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2001).
- Permissible relaxation in upper age limit prescribed under Para 5.1 above and category codes for claiming age relaxation will be as follows:
|Code No.||Category||Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|06||Ex-servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|For the post of SI in Delhi Police (Category Codes-12 and 13)|
|12||Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married. (SC/ ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|For Departmental candidates of Delhi Police against the vacancies of Delhi Police only (Category Codes-17, 18 and 19)|
|17||Departmental candidates (Unreserved) who
have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.
|Up to 30 years of age|
|18||Departmental candidates (OBC) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Up to 33 years of age|
|19||Departmental candidates (SC/ ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Up to 35 years of age|
Educational Qualification – SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
- The Educational Qualification will be considered as on 1st January 2020.
- Educational Qualification for all posts is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/ University in support thereof as on 01-01- 2021 will also be
- It is reiterated that the result of requisite educational qualification must have been declared by the Board/ University by the specified date. Mere processing of the result by the Board/ University by the crucial cut-off date does not fulfill the EQ.
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
Fees – SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
- Application Fee: Rs.100/-
- Women Candidates & SC, ST ad Ex-Servicemen (ESM) : NO FEES (Exempted from Paying the fees.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, mastercard, Maestro RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 18-07-2020 (2330 Hours). However, candidates who wish to make cash payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 22-07-2020 provided the challan has been generated by them before 20-07-2020 (2330 Hours).
Mode of Selection – SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
- Computer-Based Examination (Paper – I)
- PET / PST Examination (Mandatory but Qualifying in Nature)
- Medical Examination
- Document Verification
Scheme of Examination – SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
- The examination will consist of Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II and Detailed Medical Examination (DME).
- All these stages of the examination are mandatory. Details of these Papers/ Tests is as follows:
|Date of Examination||Part||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50/ 50||
|II||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50/ 50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude||50/ 50|
|IV||English Comprehension||50/ 50|
|Date of Examination||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|01-03-2021||English language & Comprehension||200/ 200||2 Hours|
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No.1-1/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02- 2019 and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut off.
Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET):
- Physical Standard Test (for all Posts):
|S No||Category of candidates||Height (in cm)||Chest (in cm)|
|(i)||Male candidates except those listed at S No (ii) and (iii)||170||80||85|
|(ii)||Candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.||165||80||85|
|(iii)||All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(iv)||Female candidates except those listed at S No (v) and (vi)||157||–||–|
|(v)||Female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|(vi)||All-female candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
- Weight: Corresponding to height (for all posts).
Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts):
- For male candidates:
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metre in 3 chances
- High Jump : 1.2 metre in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metre in 3 chance
- For female candidates:
- 100 metre race in 18 seconds
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metre in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metre in 3
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for female candidates.
Aspirants can download the official notification of the SSC CPO 2020 – Delhi Police & CAPF from the official website of SSC or form the link that is provided below.
தமிழகத்தின் தலைசிறந்த TNPSC பயிற்சி மையம்
RACE TNPSC Exam Coaching Institute
TNPSC Group I | Group II | Group II-A | Group IV & VAO (CCSE) | TNUSRB | TNFUSRC | TET
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL