DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 16, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 16 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Wind Day- June 15:
- Global Wind Day is a worldwide event that occurs annually on 15 June. It is a day for discovering wind, its power and the possibilities it holds to change our world.
International Day of Family Remittances-16 June:
- International Day of Family Remittances observed on 16 June is a recognized observance adopted by UNGA. IDFR recognizes the contribution of over 200 million migrant workers to improve the lives of their 800 million family members back home, and to create a future of hope for their children.
- Theme: “Remittances are a lifeline’”
Dharmendra Pradhan Launches Indian Gas Exchange – First Nationwide Online Delivery Based Gas Trading Platform:
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Indian Gas Exchange (IGX), first nationwide online delivery-based gas trading
Union Minister Kishan Reddy launches GermiBAN in Hyderabad:
- Union Minister of State for Home affairs Kishan Reddy launched “GermiBAN” a device developed by Atal Incubation Centre & Association of Lady Entrepreneurs of India– Women Entrepreneurs HUB. The device can kill 99.9% of surface and air microbes.
IBBI Reconstitutes Advisory Panel On Insolvency And Liquidation:
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has reconstituted its advisory committee on corporate insolvency resolution and liquidation. The committee headed by Kotak Mahindra Bank CEO Uday Kotak, among other changes, has seen its expansion to 14 members instead of 12.
Maharashtra government signs Rs 16,000-crore investment pacts with 12 firms:
- Maharashtra government has announced the signing of memoranda of understanding (MoUs) with 12 domestic and foreign companies for Rs 16,000 crore investments in the oil, chemicals, auto, electric mobility and logistics sectors.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
500-Year-Old Odisha Temple Submerged Under Mahanadi River Reappears:
- A 500-year-old ancient temple of Lord Vishnu that was submerged in Odisha’s Mahanadi river sometime in 19th century due to change of course of the river, has resurfaced after 15 years.
- An archaeological survey team from the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage that visited the village in Nayagarh district, said the top of the Gopinath Dev temple was visible due to the reduction in the water-level of the river.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
First estimation exercise of Indian gaur in Nilgiris,Tamil Nadu:
- The first population estimation exercise of the Indian gaur carried out in the Nilgiris Forest Division in recent years. World Wildlife Fund (WWF) for Nature India assisted the exercise and highlighted that there are estimated 2,000 Indian gaurs across the division.
- Chief Minister:Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit.
Facebook, Google and Microsoft Working Together to Tackle Child Abuse Content Online:
- Facebook joined Google, Microsoft and 15 other tech companies to announce the formation of Project Protect to combat child sexual abuse on its platforms.
- Project Protect is a renewed commitment and investment from the Technology Coalition expanding its scope and impact to protect kids online and guide its work for the next 15 years.
Banking and Economy:
ICICI Bank launches ‘Insta Flexicash’ paperless overdraft facility for salary accounts:
- Private lender ICICI Bank has unveiled a paperless facility that will enable its salary account customers to get approvals for Overdraft (OD)
- Titled as ‘Insta Flexicash’, the end-to-end fully digital service can be used on the lender’s internet banking The facility can get the approval immediately while customers can start using the okayed limit within 48 hours.
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India):
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka.
HDFC Ergo launches country’s first drone cover:
- The Third Largest Private Sector general insurer HDFC Ergo tied up with tech firm Tropogo to offer commercial drone owners and operators third-party liability cover for property damages and physical injuries from the flying machines.
PNB extends credit line of Rs 750 crore for Gorakhpur Link Expressway:
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has extended a credit line of Rs 750 crore for the Gorakhpur Link Expressway, estimated to cost Rs 5,876 crore.
- The 91-km expressway will connect Gorakhpur district, the pocket borough of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath with another expressway project, the 340-km Purvanchal Expressway.
Airtel Payments Bank launches Suraksha Salary account for MSMEs:
- Airtel Payments Bank launched a new salary account for Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises named Suraksha Salary account, it will enable MSMEs and other organizations to make cashless payments and provide a financial security blanket to their employees.
- The account has No Minimum balance condition. It offers no charges on cash withdrawals of upto Rs 50,000 and deposits of upto Rs 20,000 in one month.
Science and Technology:
Tata Power signs MoU with MG Motor for Electric Vehicle chargers:
- Tata Power has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with MG Motor to deploy 50KW DC Superfast chargers at select MG dealerships.
- MG Motor India has 10 SuperFast 50 kW charging stations across its dealerships in five cities – New Delhi- NCR, Mumbai, Ahmadabad, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
China’s unmanned submersible ‘Haidou-1’ reaches world’s deepest ocean point:
- China’s unmanned submersible ‘Haidou-1’ has dived to a depth of 10, 907 meters at the world’s deepest ocean point. Haidou-1 sets a new record for the country during which high-definition images of the geological environment and samples from the Deep Sea were collected.
India becomes founding member of Global Partnership for Artificial Intelligence:
- India joined the league of leading economies including USA, UK, EU, Australia, Canada, France & others to launch the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI). India will actively participate in the global development of Artificial Intelligence.
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology develops Ayurvedic face mask ‘Pavitrapati’:
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has developed biodegradable face mask based on Nanofibres of Ayurvedic products which acts a virus neutraliser and resist the bacteria and has named it “Pavitrapati”.
- The mask made from herbal extracts like neem oil, turmeric, krishna tulsi, ajwain, black pepper, gum Arabic, clove, sandalwood, saffron in the fibre that provides antibacterial and anti viral properties.
Central Railway sets up Body Screening Facility ‘FebriEye’ In Mumbai’s CSMT, LTT Stations:
- Central Railway has set up a body screening facility called This is yet another effort towards passenger safety after Automated Ticket Checking And Managing Access (ATMA) machine and Always be Responsible,
- “FebriEye thermal cameras” have been set up at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and Lokmanya Tilak Terminus in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
IISc develops ‘Workplace Readiness Indicator’ for organizations to insulate workplaces from Corona pandemic:
- Researchers in IISc, Bengaluru have developed ‘Workplace Readiness Indicator’ for organizations to insulate their workplaces from Corona pandemic. It is an online assessment tool developed along with the Karnataka State Disaster Management Authority.
RBI approves re-appointment of Kaizad Bharucha as Executive Director of HDFC Bank:
- Reserve Bank of India has approved the re-appointment of Kaizad Bharucha as Executive Director of HDFC Bank for a period of three years with effect from June 13, 2020.
- Recently the central bank had put on hold the appointments of Shashidhar Jagdishan as an additional director and Bhavesh Zaveri as a whole-time director.
R R Swain appointed Intelligence Chief of Jammu and Kashmir:
- Jammu and Kashmir Government appointed R Swain (IPS) as the new intelligence chief of J&K police, replacing Dr. B Srinivas who has been posted as Commandant General, HG/CD/SDRF.
Maya R Nair Joins CRISIL as Director & Chief Information Security Officer (CISO):
- Senior cyber security professional and expert Maya R Nair has joined as Director & Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at CRISIL Limited. She will take care of the entire range of cybersecurity operations at the company.
Santosh Jha appointed as next Ambassador of India to Belgium:
- Santosh Jha presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of Uzbekistan, appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Belgium. The 1993-batch IFS officer will also be accredited as Ambassador of India to the European Union.
- Capital: Brussels
- Currency: Euro
- Prime minister: Sophie Wilmès
Former New Zealand cricketer Matt Poore passed away at 90:
- Former New Zealand cricketer Matt Poore has passed away. Poore featured in 14 Tests for the Black Caps, scoring 355 runs and picking up nine wickets between 1953 and 1956. He also played 61 Tests for Canterbury and scored 2,336 runs and ended up with 68 wickets.
Former Lok Sabha MP, Banker Madhavrao Patil passes away at 80:
- Former Lok Sabha MP and founder of Janalaxmi Cooperative Bank Madhavrao Patil Patil had won from Nashik Lok Sabha constituency on a Congress ticket in 1998.
Former Bangladesh Minister Mohammad Nasim passes away at 72:
- Former Bangladesh Minister and Awami League Presidium member Mohammad Nasim passed away in Dhaka.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.