DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 24, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 24 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Union HRD Minister virtually launches YUKTI 2.0 platform for Higher Education Institutes:
- Union Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the initiative “YUKTI 2.0” to help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in higher education institutions.
Rajasthan Government to Launch Indira Rasoi Yojna to ensure ‘No One Sleeps Hungry’:
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced that his government will soon launch the “Indira Rasoi Yojna” for the poor to ensure that “no one sleeps hungry” in the state.
- Under this scheme, pure and nutritious food on concessional rates will be provided to the needy twice a day, the chief minister said. He said the state government will spend Rs 100 crore every year on the Indira Rasoi Yojna (Indira Kitchen Scheme).
- Chief Minister:Ashok Gehlot
- Governor:Kalraj Mishra
Food Processing Industries Minister launches Food Processing Edition of Exclusive Investment Forum:
- Union FPI Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched the Food Processing Edition of the Exclusive Investment Forum by Invest India, the National Investment Promotion & Facilitation Agency of the Government of India.
- The forum witnessed participation from the senior-most policymakers from Union Government and 6 State Governments – Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh. 180 companies from 18 countries also participated in the forum.
India pledges USD 10million to UN for Palestine refugees amid COVID-19 pandemic:
- India has announced to contribute 10 million US dollar to the United Nation’s (UN) Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) over the coming two years.
- Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan said that capacity enhancement through training and building durable institutions is a major plank of our developmental assistance to Palestine while addressing an extraordinary virtual ministerial pledging conference for UNRWA.
President of Serbia Aleksandar Vucic declares landslide win in controversial parliamentary vote:
- Serbia’s president declared a landslide victory for his right-wing party, in a controversial parliamentary election held amid concerns over the coronavirus pandemic and a boycott by much of the opposition. His party won 190 seats in the total of 250.
- Capital: Belgrade
- Currency: Serbian dinar.
- Prime Minister: Ana Brnabic.
- President: Aleksandar Vucic.
China Joins UN Arms Trade Treaty To Enhance ‘Peace And Stability’:
- China has decided to join a global pact on regulations of arms sales showing its willingness to address the poorly regulated international arms trade after the United States pulled out last year.
36th ASEAN Summit to be held in Vietnam via video conference:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs has indicated that the 36th ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)) Summit will be the first ever to take place via teleconference, with Vietnam to host the remote gathering, set to focus on handling regional public health issues and funding to cope with COVID-19.
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN):
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Founded: 8 August 1967
- Secretary General of ASEAN: Lim Jock Hoi
Banking and Economy:
Moody’s sees India’s GDP contracting 3.1% in 2020:
- Ratings agency Moody’s said that it sees India’s GDP contracting to 1 percent in 2020 and growing 6.9 percent in 2021. Moody expects G20 economies to contract by 4.6 percent in 2020, and grow by 5.2 percent in 2021.
RBI extends Rs 50,000-crore special liquidity facility to Yes Bank for 3 more months:
- Private sector lender Yes Bank still facing capital woes, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has agreed to extend Rs 50,000-crore Special Liquidity Facility for the lender for another three months.
Science and Technology:
China successfully launches last satellite BeiDou Navigation Satellite System:
- China successfully launched the last satellite of its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS), touted to be a competitor to the Global Positioning System (GPS) of the US, taking another step to becoming a major space power.
- The satellite, carried by a Long March-3B carrier rocket, is the 30th BDS-3 satellite and the 55th of the whole BeiDou satellite family.
IIT-Bombay develops chip Dhruva to be used in smartphones and navigation devices to find locations:
- IIT-Bombay has developed a homegrown receiver chip “Dhruva” that can be used in smart phones and navigation devices to find locations and routes within the country.
- Dhruva will receive signals from India’s NAVIC group of navigation satellites as well as the US Global Positioning System-based satellites to determine these accurately under all weather conditions.
Awards and Recognitions:
Nita Ambani recognised among world’s top philanthropists in 2020 by leading US magazine Town & Country:
- Reliance Foundation chairperson Nita Ambani has been recognized among the world’s top philanthropists in 2020 by Town & Country magazine’s top global philanthropists of 2020. She is the only Indian in the list.
India ranks 3rd largest economy in Purchasing Power Parity: World Bank:
- India has retained its position as the 3rd-largest economy in the world in terms of purchasing power parity, even as it is way behind the US & China. India accounts for 7% ($ 8,051-b) out of the world’s total of $119,547 billion of GDP in terms of PPP (Purchasing Power Parity).
Former India shooter Pournima Zanane passes away at 42:
- Former Indian Air Rifle Shooter Pournima Zanane, an International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF)-licensed coach who suffered from cancer for the past 2 years passed away at the age of 42 in Pune, Maharashtra. She was born in Nanded, Maharashtra.
Veteran Journalist And Former MP Vishwa Mohan Gupta Passes Away at 93:
- Former MP and veteran journalist Vishwa Bandhu Gupta He was associated with the Congress party during the 1980s and he was a Member of Parliament from April 1984 to 1990, representing the state of Delhi in the Rajya Sabha.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.