DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 25, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 25 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Union Cabinet approves proposal to grant international airport status to UP’s Kushinagar Airport:
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved declaration of Kushinagar Airport in Uttar Pradesh as an International Airport.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Cabinet approves setting up of Rs 15,000 crore Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund:
- The Union Cabinet decided to set up Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund. The government will provide 4% interest subvention to eligible beneficiaries from the Aspirational Districts and 3% for beneficiaries from other Districts.
Government provides 2% interest subsidy to ‘Shishu’ borrowers under Mudra Yojana:
- The government decided to provide 2 percent interest subvention to borrowers under the ‘Shishu’ category of the flagship Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) for a period of 12 months.
Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates India’s one of India’s largest & first Virtual Healthcare & Hygiene EXPO 2020:
- Union State Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated one of India’s largest and first Virtual Healthcare and Hygiene EXPO 2020. The Expo has been organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari launches Credit Guarantee Scheme for Sub-ordinate Debt:
- MSME, Minister Nitin Gadkari launched the Credit Guarantee Scheme for Sub-ordinate Debt (CGSSD). Under the scheme, Promoters of the MSMEs will be given credit equal to 15 percent of their stake or 75 lakh rupees whichever is lower.
Smriti Irani launches FICCI-FLO initiative ‘Empowering the Greater 50%’:
- Ms Smriti Irani, Minister of Women and Child Development and Minister of Textiles, Govt of India launched a special campaign ‘Empowering the Greater 50%’, a FICCI and FLO initiative spearheaded by Dr Sangita Reddy, President, FICCI.
Haryana and Reliance Jio TV enter agreement to educate 52 lakh students:
- Haryana government and Reliance Jio TV have entered an agreement that is expected to benefit around 52 lakh school children in rural areas.
- This new agreement is done under the Chief Minister’s Distance Education Programme in order to expand education in rural areas without jeopardizing social distancing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Chief Minister:Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor:Satyadev Narayan Arya
- National Parks(NP):Sultanpur NP, Kalesar NP
- Dance:Phag, Dhamal, Loor, Khoria.
Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company starts Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women empowerment:
- Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL) introduced the Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women Under this scheme, women Self-Help Groups at Gram Panchayat level will act as Nishtha Vidyut Mitra.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Banking and Economy:
SEBI relaxes rules for listed companies with stressed assets:
- SEBI decided to relax pricing framework under the preferential route and exempted allotters of preferential issues from open offer obligations in such cases with immediate effect. It is meant to ease fundraising for companies with stressed assets.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharshtra
- Chairman: Ajay Tyagi.
India’s GDP to contract by 5.3% due to COVID-19 ‘disorder’: India Ratings:
- India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will contract by 3 per cent year-on-year in the current financial year (FY 20-21), marking the lowest growth rate in the country’s history and sixth instance of economic contraction, India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra).
- For FY21-22, it is expected that GDP growth would bounce back in the range of 5-6%.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Mastercard acquires Finicity to advance Open Banking strategy:
- Mastercard has entered into an agreement to acquire Finicity for $825 million, with existing shareholders given the potential to earn up to an additional $160 million if performance targets are met.
Wasim Jaffer Appointed Head Coach Of Uttarakhand Cricket Team:
- Former India opener and domestic stalwart Wasim Jaffer has been appointed head coach of the Uttarakhand Cricket Team for the upcoming domestic season.
- The highest run-getter in Ranji Trophy, Jaffer had announced retirement in March this year after playing for over two decades, primarily for domestic giants Mumbai and Vidarbha.
Science and Technology:
Indian Institute of Science develops Nanozymes:
- A research team at the IISc, Bengaluru has developed nanozymes that destroy the cell membrane of bacteria by directly targeting its phospholipids. Nanozymes are nanomaterials that can disintegrate the cell membranes of a range of diseases causing bacteria.
Awards and Recognitions:
Folk artist Gulabbai Sangamnerkar & Madhuvanti Dandekar to get Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Maharashtra government announced the Vithabai Narayangaokar lifetime achievement award to folk artist Gulabbai Sangamnerkar.
- Sangeetacharya Annasaheb Kirloskar award will be conferred upon veteran theatre actress-singer Madhuvanti Dandekar.
Hollywood Director Joel Schumacher passed away:
- Costume designer cum Film Director Joel Schumacher who suffered from cancer for the past one year passed away at the age of 80 in New York, United States of America(USA). He was born on August 29, 1939 in New York, USA.
World Karate Federation provisionally de-recognises Karate Association of India:
- World Karate Federation (WKF) has provisionally de-recognized the Karate Association of India with immediate effect for infighting and violating the world body’s statutes during its elections last year.
World Karate Federation (WKF):
- Headquarters: Madrid, Spain
- President: Antonio Espinos
New Zealand’s Rachel Priest Announces Retirement from International Cricket:
- New Zealand wicketkeeper-batter Rachel Priest has announced her retirement from international cricket. Priest played 87 ODIs and 75 T20Is for New Zealand, scoring 1694 and 873 runs respectively.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.