DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 26, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 26 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking-June26:
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is a United Nations International Day against drug abuse and the illegal drug trade. It is observed annually on 26 June, since 1989.
- The theme for the 2020 is: “Better Knowledge for Better Care”.
International Day in Support of Victims of Torture-June 26:
- The United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture – 26 June is an international observance held annually on 26 June to speak out against the crime of torture and to honour and support victims and survivors throughout the world.
Health minister Harsh Vardhan launches mobile app ‘eBloodServices’ to order blood:
- Union health minister Harsh Vardhan launched the ‘eBloodServices’ App in partnership with the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS), for easy access to blood in this critical time of coronavirus pandemic.
- The app is developed by the ERaktkosh team and will bring ‘transparency’ in the blood donation program.
Centre to set up taskforce for ‘Golden Hour’ accident claims, insurance pool proposed:
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) will set up a ten-member task force to work out the modalities of funding motor accident victims’ treatment during the crucial “Golden Hour” (The golden hour is the first hour after an accident occurs).
- The NHA will be the nodal agency for coordinating payments made to the hospitals that treat such patients.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates Devika and Puneja Bridges in Udhampur & Doda Districts:
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated two important Bridges Devika and Puneja in Udhampur and Doda districts respectively in Jammu and Kashmir through virtual platform.
Avaada Energy to set up 350 MW solar plant in Maharashtra:
- Solar projects developer Avaada Energy will set up a 350 megawatt (MW) solar plant in Maharashtra. The project has been awarded by Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (MSEDCL). The project is expected to be commissioned by January 2022.
India becomes 1st country to develops vehicle-mounted ULV sprayer for locust control:
- India had developed an indigenous vehicle-mounted Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) sprayer for locust control, and approvals for its commercial launch are underway.
- Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare (DAC&FW) has initiated to develop a vehicle mounted ultra-low volume (ULV) sprayer for locust control to reduce the limitations of importing equipment.
World’s First Gold-backed Digital Gold Currency Launched in India:
- US Gold Currency (USG) is world’s first digital asset represented by American Eagle One Ounce Gold Coin minted by the US Federal Agency MINT. Customers can redeem US Gold tokens at any time in US Dollars or American Eagle one ounce gold coins worldwide.
Andhra Pradesh launches YSR Kapu Nestham, to provide Rs 15,000 for eligible women:
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched ‘YSR Kapu Nestham’ at his camp office for the welfare of the women from Kapu community.
- Under the scheme, the government will provide Rs 15,000 per year for all the eligible women aged between 45 and 60 years for a period of five years.
- Capital: Amaravati
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
- Folk dances: Kuchipudi, Vilasini Natyam, Bhamakalpam, Veeranatyam.
- National Park: Sri Venkateswara National Park ,Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda National Park.
Himachal Pradesh bags e-Panchayat Puraskar 2020:
- Himachal Pradesh state panchayati raj department secured first prize under e-Panchayat Puraskar-2020, given by the Union ministry of panchayati raj.
- All the 3,226 panchayats of the state have been provided with internet facility and people can access various services online.
- Chief Minister:Jai Ram Thakur
Tripura government to launch “Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar” scheme:
- Tripura government has announced an ambitious scheme “Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar”. The scheme aims to provide nutrition kits to pregnant and lactating women in order to combat infant and maternal mortality and malnutrition.
- The scheme is expected to benefit 40,000 women in the state.
- Capital: Agartala
- Chief Minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Governor: Ramesh Bais.
Banking and Economy:
Yes Bank Patners with UDMA Technologies launches digital wallet “Yuva Pay”:
- Yes Bank announced the launch of “Yuva Pay” a digital wallet, in partnership with UDMA Technologies to enable contactless payments. where the data securely will be sent to the banks on a real time basis.
J&K Bank launches products to provide financial support to business communities:
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank has launched two products titled ‘J&K Bank Business Support Loan Scheme 2019-20’ and ‘J&K Bank Business Support Loan Scheme 2019-20 for Hotels and Guest Houses’. It is meant to provide adequate financial support to different business communities.
IRDAI sets up panel to suggest insurance products related to use of drones:
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has set up a working group to suggest insurance products covering various risks involved in use of drones.
- The nine-member panel headed by Anjan Dev, General Manager of The New India Assurance Co, has been asked to study and understand the insurance needs of Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) owners and operators.
IMF projects India’s economy to contract by 4.5% in 2020 and Global Growth estimated at –4.9%:
- International Monetary Fund projected the global growth in 2020 at –4.9%, 1.9%age points below the April 2020 forecast, while estimating that Indian economy will contract by 5% in the year.
International Monetary Fund (IMF):
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C. U.S.
- Managing Director : Kristalina Georgieva
- Chief Economist : Gita Gopinath
Acquisitions and Mergers:
NIT Warangal and ABB Power Grids India sign MoU for Smart Electric Grid Education:
- ABB Power Grids India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Institute of Technology, Warangal (NITW), Telangana for cooperation to drive smart electric grid technology education, skills development and research activities.
NITI Aayog and ITF Launch Decarbonizing Transport Project in India:
- NITI Aayog and the International Transport Forum (ITF) of OECD jointly launched the ‘Decarbonizing Transport in Emerging Economies’ (DTEE) project in India.
- ITF Secretary General Young Tae Kim and NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant in the presence of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA) Secretary S. Mishra, as well as Ministry of Road Transport and HighwaysJoint Secretary Priyank Bharti.
Priyanka Chopra, Anurag Kashyap named among ambassadors at TIFF 2020:
- Actor Priyanka Chopra and filmmaker Anurag Kashyap are among the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) ambassadors for 2020.
- TIFF is one of the largest publicly attended film festivals in the world and has gathered a reputation for generating “Oscar buzz” for its pick of films.
Sanjay Kumar to be new Maharashtra Chief Secy and Ajoy Mehta named Principal Advisor to CM:
- Maharashtra government has appointed IAS officer Sanjay Kumar as the new Chief Secretary of the state, while incumbent Ajoy Mehta has been named Principal Advisor to the Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.
Awards and Recognitions:
Former England captain Clare Connor to become MCC’s first female president in 233-year history:
- Former England captain Clare Connor is set to become the first female president of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), guardian of the laws of the game, in its 233-year
- Connor was named as the successor to current chief Kumar Sangakkara, who steps down from the post next year.
Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport becomes 1st in India with this new tech at both ends of runway:
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport gets Aviation Weather Monitoring System! For the first time in India, an Aviation Weather Monitoring System has been installed at the Bangalore airport at both ends of the runway.
- The Aviation Weather Monitoring System has been developed by Bengaluru-based CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL).
IIT-Ropar best in country, two Indian institutes in global top 100; THE Young University Ranking 2020
- Times Higher Education (THE) has released the world’s young university ranking for the relatively newer generation of universities, which are 50 years old or younger. IIT-Ropar best in India.
- The 2020 ranking includes 414 universities, up from 351 in 2019. As many as two Indian universities made it into the top 100, while none could enter the ’50 under 50′
Australia and New Zealand Will Host FIFA 2023 Women’s World Cup:
- Australia and New Zealand will co-host the Women’s World Cup in 2023, with the following edition possibly set to take place just two years later. FIFA’s decision means South America is still waiting to host its first Women’s World Cup, a tournament that was first played in 1991.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.