DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 6, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 6 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Day Against Speciesism – 05 June:
- World Day Against Speciesism is Observed on June 5 every year, to stop discrimination based on species membership .The term “speciesism” refers to the assignment of different rights, values, or special consideration to individuals solely on the basis of their species.
UN Russian Language Day:
- UN Russian Language Day is observed annually on June 6. The event was established by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization in 2010. UN Russian Language Day coincides with the birthday of Aleksandr Pushkin, a Russian poet who is considered the father of modern Russian language.
Prakash Javadekar launches urban forest scheme to develop 200 “Nagar Van” in 5 years:
- Union Forest, Environment and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar, launched the “Urban Forest programme” on the occasion of World Environment Day and reiterated that India is able to preserve its biodiversity.
- Government announced implementation of the Nagar van scheme to develop 200 Urban Forests across the country in next 5 years with a renewed focus on people’s participation & collaboration between Forest Department, Municipal bodies, NGOs, Corporates.
Nitin Gadkari launches campaign on ‘Prevention of Human and Animal Mortality on Highways’:
- Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and MSME, Nitin Gadkari launched the UNDP and MoRTH national awareness campaign on ‘Prevention of Human and Animal Mortality on Highways’ through a video conference.
Uttar Pradesh introduces a MoU Monitoring Mechanism for efficient implementation of investment proposals:
- Uttar Pradesh has introduced a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Monitoring Mechanism in a move that aims at better implementation of investment proposals through handholding interested investors and better tracking of the MoUs signed.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
J&K Lieutenant Governor launches ‘Mera Vetan’ app:
- Lieutenant Governor C. Murmu launched JK Employees Salary Tracker Mobile App- “Mera Vetan”. With this, employees especially posted in remote & rural areas, who do not have access to the DDOs will easily access their salary & other details anytime.
Jammu and Kashmir
- Capital:Srinagar (summer), Jammu (winter)
- Governor:Girish Chandra Murmu
Banking and Economy:
RBI Sets up Payments Infrastructure Development Fund to Boost Digitisation:
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said they are setting up a Payment Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) of Rs 500 crore.
- It will make an initial contribution of Rs 250 crore covering half the fund. The remaining will come from the card-issuing banks and card networks operating in the country.
- This fund has been created to encourage acquirers to deploy Point Of Sale (PoS) infrastructure, both physical and digital, in tier three to six centres and northeastern states.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra,).
SEBI rearranges its Commodity derivatives advisory committee:
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) rearranged the Commodity derivatives advisory committee and appointed Ashok Dalwani, Retired IAS officer as the chairman and Aliasgar S Mithwani, Chief General Manager of SEBI as Secretary of the 17-member committee.
SBI creates separate vertical to drive MSME, Agri finance:
- In a major restructuring exercise, State Bank of India has created a separate Financial Inclusion and Micro Market (FI&MM) vertical with a focus on rural and semi urban areas to improve customer experience.
- Under this newly launched vertical, the bank will offer loans mainly for agriculture as well as allied activities, and micro and small enterprises.
NABARD provides Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank:
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has made available a Special Liquidity Facility (SLF) of Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank for supporting the agricultural activities of the farmers.
- NABARD has provided Rs 25,000 crore nationwide for providing liquidity support to Cooperative Banks, Regional Rural Banks and Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) during 2020-21.
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD):
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Formation: July 12, 1982
- Chairman: Chintala Govinda Rajulu
India’s GDP may contract by 1.5% in FY21;RBI survey:
- A survey released by the Reserve Bank has showed that Indian economy may contract by 5 percent in FY21 though the next fiscal is expected to be much better.
- “Real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is likely to contract by 1.5 per cent in 2020-21 but is expected to revert to growth terrain next year, when it is likely to grow by 2 per cent,” said the Survey of Professional Forecasters (SPF) sponsored by the RBI.
HDFC Bank launches Summer Treats to meet post lockdown needs:
- HDFC Bank has launched ‘Summer Treats’, which has exciting offers to meet the changing needs of merchants as well as salaried and self-employed customers.
- Last October, HDFC Bank launched India’s biggest financial services bonanza “Festive Treats” bringing special offers on all banking.
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Deepak S. Parekh
- CEO: Aditya Puri.
Science and Technology:
CeNS develops low-cost catalyst for hydrogen generation from water:
- Scientists from The Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS), an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), have found out a low cost & efficient way to generate hydrogen from water using Molybdenum dioxide as a catalyst.
ARCI develops new environment friendly way to shape ceramics through 3D printing:
- Scientists at the International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), in their recent study utilized an environmentally benign thermal gelation property of Methylcellulose (MC) for shaping of ceramics through 3D printing.
Rajiv Singh appointed as DLF Chairman:
- Realty major DLF has appointed vice-chairman Rajiv Singh as the new chairman of the company by replacing KP Singh. The latter will continue in a non-executive role as Chairman Emeritus, who was at the helm of the affairs for over five decades.
Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary K Shanmugam gets three-month extension:
- The Tenure of Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary K Shanmugam has been extended by three months till October 31.
- At present, there are 25 senior IAS officers in the cadre of Additional Chief Secretary in the Tamil Nadu government as well as those who are on deputation to the Centre.
Awards and Recognitions:
Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw wins EY World Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 Award:
- Biocon Ltd announced that its Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw has been named the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 (WEOY).
- Mazumdar-Shaw is the First Woman entrepreneur from India and the third Indian to win it. She is the second woman worldwide to hold this title following Olivia Lum of Hyflux Limited from Singapore in 2011.
Forbes highest-paid celebrities: Kylie Jenner tops, Akshay Kumar only Indian on the list:
- Kylie Jenner and Kanye West topped the annual Forbes list of the highest paid celebrities, but sports stars, including Roger Federer and Lionel Messi, dominated the top 10.
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar ranked 52nd with an estimated earnings of USD 48.5 million(M) & is the only indian featured on the list.
Bollywood lyricist Anwar Sagar passes away:
- Veteran lyricist Anwar Sagar passed away. He was 70. Among his notable hits is “Waada Raha Sanam” in Abbas-Mustan”s 1992 release, “Khiladi”, starring Akshay Kumar, and “Yeh dua hai mere rab se” in the 1992 release, “Sapne Saajan Ke”.
India to host AFC Women’s Asian Cup in 2022:
- Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has granted All India Football Federation (AIFF) the rights to host the AFC Women`s Asian Cup 2022
- India will host the premier tournament for the second time after staging it in Kozhikode in 1980.
Asian Football Confederation:
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa
- General Secretary: Windsor John
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.