DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 9, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 9 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Brain Tumor Day 2020 – June 8:
- World Brain Tumor Day is observed on June 8th every year. The day was initiated by the Deutsche Hirntumorhilfe (German Brain Tumor Aid) in 2000 to pay respect to all the brain tumor patients and their families.
Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launches COVID BEEP, India’s first physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients:
- Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region, Jitendra Singh said ‘awareness’ and not ‘anxiety’ is the key to fighting COVID-19.
- Launching COVID BEEP, India’s first indigenous, cost effective, wireless physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients, Dr Singh said COVID BEEP is to emerge as an antidote to the original COVID.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh holds meeting with three service chiefs & CDS General Bipin Rawat in New Delhi:
- The meeting took place in New Delhi. It came days after the top India-China military commanders meeting where they agreed to peacefully resolve situation in border areas in accordance with various bilateral agreements.
India loses 750 tigers in last eight years; MP, Maharashtra report maximum casualties:
- As many as 750 tigers have died in the country in the last eight years due to poaching and other causes, with Madhya Pradesh reporting the highest casualties at 173.
- There was also seizure of 101 big cats during the eight year period between 2012 and 2019 by different authorities across the country, the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA).
Centre allocates highest ever funds of Rs. 1,01,500 crore under Mahatma Gandhi NREGS during 2020-2021:
- A provision of One Lakh One Thousand Five Hundred (1,01,500) Crore rupees has been made under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in the current financial year 2020-2021.
- It is the highest ever provision of funds under the programme. A sum of 31 thousand 493 crores has already been released in 2020-2021, which is more than 50 percent of the budget estimate of the current Financial Year.
Plantation drive named “Thank Mom” started in Madhya Pradesh:
- In Madhya Pradesh, a plantation drive named “Thank Mom” has been started on the premises of Social Justice and Disabled Welfare Directorate on World Environment Day (June 5).
- As per the instruction from Commissioner Renu Tiwari, a variety of plants such as Neem, Guava, Mango, Moonlight, Parijat and Tulsi were planted with a plate in the name of each employee’s mother.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Himachal CM launches green belt development scheme for rural senior citizens:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched ‘Panchvati Yojna’ under which parks and gardens would be developed for senior citizens of rural areas in the state. Close to 100 such parks would be developed in different parts of the state during the current financial year.
- Chief Minister:Jai Ram Thakur
”Bande Utkala Janani” gets state anthem status in Odisha:
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bikram Keshari Arukh said that the Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik accorded state anthem status to ”Bande Utkala Janani”.
- This patriotic poem was written by Kantakabi Laxmikanta Mohapatra in 1912. It was the opening song of Utkal Sammilani during the fight for the formation of a separate province.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
Karnataka government launches “Meghasandesha” app for real time information on rains, flooding in Bengaluru; ‘Varunamitra’ portal for real-time information on weather:
- The app “Meghasandesha” has been developed by Karnataka state natural disaster monitoring centre along with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the Department of science and technology among others.
- A dedicated portal, Varunamitra, was also launched that aims to leverage technology driven solutions to manage and mitigate the Urban Floods, the BBMP said in a statement on Saturday. The Government of India has set aside ₹200 crore for disaster mitigation.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launches Raj Kaushal Portal:
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched the Raj Kaushal portal and online shramik employment exchange, developed by the department of Information and Technology (IT) and RSLDC to ensure giving jobs to the migrant workers who have returned from other states and those who have been rendered jobless.
- Chief Minister:Ashok Gehlot
- Governor:Kalraj Mishra
Madhya Pradesh tops wheat procurement in country with 1.27 crore tones:
- Madhya Pradesh has reached the first position in the country in the procurement of wheat on support price, chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Wheat procurement in Madhya Pradesh has increased by 74 per cent as compared last year. It is almost equal to the 33 per cent of total wheat procured in the country.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
- CBIC launched its flagship programme ‘Turant Customs’, at Bengaluru and Chennai. Importers will now get their goods cleared from Customs after a faceless assessment is done remotely by the Customs officers located outside the port of import.
Adani Green Energy Ltd bags world’s largest solar contract worth $6 billion:
- Adani Green Energy Ltd has bagged the world’s largest solar bid entailing building a Photovoltaic (PV) power plant of 8,000 MW and setting up a domestic solar panel manufacturing capacity of 2,000 MW, envisaging a total investment of roughly $6 billion.
India and Denmark signed an MoU for developing cooperation in the power sector:
- The MoU signed between the Ministry of Power and the Ministry for Energy, Utilities and Climate, Government of Denmark, is to develop a strong, deep and long-term co-operation between two countries in the power sector on the basis of equality, reciprocity and mutual benefit.
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Tech Mahindra signs UN Global Compact Initiative to reduce emissions:
- Tech Mahindra a provider of digital transformation, consulting and business reengineering services signed a joint declaration with UN Global Compact urging governments to align their COVID-19 recovery efforts with the latest climate science.
- Tech Mahindra reaffirms its commitment to achieving net-zero carbon emissions while calling on governments to “prioritize a faster and fairer transition from a grey to a green economy.”
Awards and Recognitions:
Cricketer Michael Clarke, Lyn Larsen receive Order of Australia honours:
- Michael Clarke has been honored in the Queen’s Birthday list for Australia with the former cricket captain recognized for both his sporting career and community work.
- Clarke has been recognised for his “distinguished service to cricket as a player at the national and international level, through leadership roles, and to the community”.
- Larsen, the former Australia Women allrounder, was honoured “for significant service to cricket as a player, selector, manager and coach at the elite level”.
Science and Technology:
ISRO signs MoU with ARIES To tackle space debris:
- ISRO recently signed an MoU with the Nainital-based Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) for cooperation in the field of astrophysics and Space Situational Awareness (SSA).
Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra top in FSSAI food safety index for 2019-20:
- Gujarat have topped an index that ranked states ensuring food safety in 2019-20.
- The smaller states, Goa came first followed by Manipur and Meghalaya. Among Union Territories, Chandigarh, Delhi and Andaman Islands secured top ranks, FSSAI.
- It was announced during a webinar conducted on the occasion of “World Food Safety Day” on June 7, 2020 on the theme “Food Safety is everyone’s business”.
Kannada actor Chiranjeevi Sarja passes away at 39:
- Kannada actor Chiranjeevi Sarja passed away at 39 due to a cardiac arrest at a private hospital in Bengaluru. He is the grandson of Kannada late actor Shakti Prasad & the nephew of multilingual actor Arjun Sarja.
Chelsea women awarded WSL title, Aston Villa win Women’s Championship:
- Chelsea FC Women were named the Women’s Super League champions overtaking Manchester City on a points-per-game record, following the termination of the 2019/20 season last month.
- The Blues were in second place but with one game in hand over Manchester City who was a point ahead when it was decided the league is to finish prematurely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.