Daily Current Affairs: June 1, 2022
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
Daily Current Affairs: June 1, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (June 1, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – June 1, 2022, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
SUBSCRIBE to Race Youtube Channel for CA QUIZ LIVE Sessions
Check: Previous – Daily Current Affairs – Banking Exam
Global Day of Parents – 1 June
- The Global Day of Parents is commemorated on 1 June every year to honour parents.
- This day aims to raise awareness about the importance of quality parenting and family life in every child’s upbringing.
- The theme for Global Day of Parents 2022 is ‘Appreciate all parents throughout the world’.
World Milk Day – 1 June
- World Milk Day is celebrated on 1 June every year.
- This day is marked to celebrate the contributions of the milk and dairy sector to the human population around the world.
- The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) established World Milk Day in 2001.
- The theme for World Milk Day 2022 is achieving ‘Dairy Net Zero’.
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind presents gallantry awards and distinguished service decorations at the Rashtrapathi Bhavan
- Indian President Ram Nath Kovind presented the gallantry awards and distinguished service decorations at the second phase of the Defence Investiture Ceremony 2022 held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- He conferred 13 Shaurya Chakras (including six posthumous) to the personnel of the Indian Armed Forces for displaying gallantry, courage and devotion to duty.
- He also conferred 14 Param Vishisht Seva Medals, four Uttam Yudh Seva Medals and 24 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals for distinguished service of the exceptional order.
- Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pande received the Param Vishisht Seva Medal from the Indian President at the ceremony.
- Captain Ashutosh Kumar was awarded the Shaurya Chakra. He was martyred during a counter-terror operation in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Param Vir Chakra is India’s highest gallantry award.
India and Pakistan concluded the Indus water talks in a cordial atmosphere
- The one-hundred-and-eighteenth meeting of the Permanent Indus Commission took place in New Delhi.
- Indian and Pakistani negotiators ended another round of talks as part of the Indus Water Treaty on cordial terms.
- This meeting between six-member delegations on either side was led by the new Indian Commissioner for Indus Waters, A.K. Pal and the Pakistan Commissioner for Indus Waters, Syed Muhammad Mehar Ali Shah.
- According to the Indus Water agreement, Commissioners from both countries meet twice each year, alternately in India and Pakistan.
Union Fisheries Minister Parshottam Rupala inaugurates the Unnat Pashudhan Sashakt Kisan Conclave in New Delhi
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala inaugurated the Unnat Pashudhan Sashakt Kisan Conclave in New Delhi. This is also known as the ‘Conclave of 75 Entrepreneurs and Exhibition of 75 Indigenous Livestock Breeds’.
- He also launched a training programme for A-HELP at this conclave.
- As a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying has organised this conclave with a focus on dairy and poultry farmers, innovative entrepreneurs, startups and industry in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addresses the ‘Garib Kalyan Sammelan’ in Shima, Himachal Pradesh
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the ‘Garib Kalyan Sammelan’ in Shima, Himachal Pradesh.
- This novel public programme marked the completion of eight years of the Union Government led by current Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This programme is organised across India at state capitals, district headquarters and Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
- Narendra Modi also released the eleventh installment of financial benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
- This will enable the transfer of an amount of around ₹ 21,000 crores to more than 10-crore beneficiary farmer families.
- Himachal Pradesh Governor Rajendra Arlekar, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur and Union Sports & Youth Affairs Minister Anurag Singh Thakur were also present during this event.
Indian Navy decommissions INS Gomati after 34 years of service
- The Indian Navy decommissioned INS Gomati after 34 years of service at the naval dockyard in Mumbai.
- INS Gomati is a Godavari class guided-missile frigate.
- It was designed by the Indian Navy and was built in an Indian shipyard.
- The present INS Gomati was commissioned on 16 April 1988 by the then Union Defence Minister K. C. Pant at the Mazgaon Dock.
- The earliest avatar of INS Gomati was decommissioned in 1979.
Indian Navy commissions the Indian Naval Air Squadron 325 in Port Blair
- The Indian Naval Air Squadron (INAS) 325, which operates the indigenously-built Advanced Light Helicopter Mk-III, was commissioned into the Indian Navy by Lieutenant General Ajai Singh, the Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman & Nicobar command.
- It was commissioned at the INS Utkrosh naval air station in Port Blair.
Israel signs a historic free trade deal with the United Arab Emirates
- Israel signed a free trade deal with the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The UAE was the first Gulf country to normalise ties with Israel and only the third Arab nation to do so after Egypt and Jordan.
- Israel’s Minister of Economy and Industry Orna Barbivai and UAE’s Minister of Economy Abdulla Bin Touq Al-Marri signed the free trade deal in Dubai, UAE.
Agreements and MoUs Signed
India and Gabon sign MoUs on the establishment of joint commission and diplomats’ training
- Indian Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu began the first-ever visit to the Gabonese Republic with a series of high-level meetings in Gabon’s capital city,
- During these high-level meetings, two MoUs were signed – the establishment of a joint commission between the Governments of India and Gabon and an MoU between the diplomats’ training institutes of Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Services and the Gabonese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Gabon was among the first countries to sign and ratify the International Solar Alliance agreement and plans to have 100 per cent clean energy.
Indian singer KK passed away in Kolkata
- Popular Indian singer Krishnakumar Kunnath, popularly known as KK, passed away after falling ill during an event in Kolkata.
- He was an Indian playback singer.
- He has sung songs in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Bengali, Assamese and Gujarati languages.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of June 1, 2022, now from the link given below.
Hi, please, upload the ca on daily basis…I just love the way bankers daily provides CA articles with covering some static portions..